Golden Sun Hacking Community
August 18, 2017, 06:25:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Golden Sun fangame to end all fangames (hopefully)  (Read 2458 times)
Eon713
Jupiter Clan

Ivan better join my party

Novice Member

Coins: 9

I am: Doing better than previously

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 04:44:48 PM »

Yeah I thought of that too, but that would actually be a good thing because that means that there's a pretty good chance of them being in the process of making a new golden sun game, ie. AM2R vs. Metroid: Samus Returns

Awaiting a good signature
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 11:43:52 AM »

For the mystic element, I was trying to give each element a spiritual type subelement, I admit it isn't the best of categorizations. To be fair, as far as I know, mars is the only element that uses it's patron animal in standard psynergy.

And as for healing, I gave it divinity because mercury healing is by far the best and deserves its own category. Also I thought I could give it themed psynergy, like a prayer to call down a smiting on your enemies.
So what will you do about the limiting factor that places mercury under?  Wouldn't an entire sub-element dedicated to a single type of spell, while those types could be freely placed in other sub-categories in other elements, lock down Mercury to 3 sub-elements +healing, while the other elements get free reign with 4 full subelements?

View Profile WWW
Eon713
Jupiter Clan

Novice Member

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 01:35:45 PM »

If I wasn't clear enough, I said that divinity/mercury would be getting new spells that do more than heal

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2017, 11:55:18 PM »

My apologies, must have misread it.  I see it now.

How do you plan to implement the fundaments exactly?  How does one become capable of casting Sol or Luna spells?  Or are they not aligned to spells themselves, but to general traits of spells?

View Profile WWW
Eon713
Jupiter Clan

Novice Member

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 04:54:58 AM »

Something like that, most spells don't have a fundament, but those that do have effects that vastly differ from the norm.

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 10:51:13 PM »

So... both of the things I asked?  How does that work?

View Profile WWW
Eon713
Jupiter Clan

Novice Member

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 03:38:27 PM »

Sorry, I should have been more clear. There are neutral spells, sol spells, and luna spells. But they are all primarily an element.
Examples:
Mars-Neutral: Pyroclast
Venus-Luna: Vertigo (debuff)
Mercury-Sol: Shining (high damage, low AoE)

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2017, 06:13:55 PM »

How will you integrate Neutral, Sol, and Luna into the class system?  What would dictate a class focusing on Neutral spells over Sol or Luna spells?  Do you have a kind of systematic approach to it, or do you go for the "gut feeling" sort of approach?

View Profile WWW
Eon713
Jupiter Clan

Novice Member

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2017, 07:30:54 PM »

A bit of a mix honestly, I much prefer systematic things as they are hard to mess up, but the original Golden Sun Classes tend to be "gut-feeling".
Most spells are neutral, an adept would most likely only have around six total "alligned" spells at hand.

What I've done so far is go with my gut, and then look at it objectively to find whether it has too much going for it or too little.

By the way, I had a read of your Golden Sun Signatures, is that still a thing? Also, I saw a mention of a class design guide that included the differences between dual symbiotic, neutral, and opposite. Is that something I can access or was it never made? It would really help.

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2017, 10:31:25 PM »

Nah, between full time work and part time school, I don't really have the time I used to to work on those things.  Sorry.  Could you link to where the design guide mention was?  Odds are it's pretty old, and I might have a very different approach now...

View Profile WWW
Eon713
Jupiter Clan

Novice Member

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2017, 10:47:38 PM »

No need to be sorry, you good.

http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2122.msg38030#msg38030
Under "Where to begin"
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 12:52:47 AM by Eon713 » Logged

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2017, 10:18:32 AM »

Ah, you're referring to tri-element classes. Hmm...  Might be able to help you there then.  Do you have Microsoft Excel?  If not, do you at least have Open Office Calc?

View Profile WWW
Eon713
Jupiter Clan

Novice Member

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2017, 11:02:45 AM »

I have excel

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2017, 01:39:47 AM »

Cool.  Do you have discord as well?  If you join the GSHC discord channel, I can transfer the file easy for ya.  Keep in mind it's an incomplete version - I'm still working on typing out a lot of stuff, and it's going to be getting quite a bit of tweaking here and there - but the core functionality that you might be interested in - the character creation and class system - you should find useful at least.  Keep in mind though that this is very much my approach to things, so I think you'll find it useful perhaps as a reference to understand my perspective on things, but depending on how you want to do things it may not be the best tool for you.  It's all up to how you want to do things in the end.

View Profile WWW
Eon713
Jupiter Clan

Novice Member

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2017, 01:07:49 PM »

Yeah i have a discord

View Profile
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Today at 12:18:56 PM
Fox: Welcome back!
Today at 09:12:43 AM
Luna_blade: back from vacation
Yesterday at 02:29:26 AM
Fox: That moment when you realize that there is a lot of chatting going on on Discord, that there is no point in trying to keep up. :P  Hm....
August 16, 2017, 04:50:22 AM
Fox: (Then again, just because posting is disabled, doesn't necessarily mean the buttons would be removed as well.)
August 16, 2017, 04:48:55 AM
Fox: (I mean, buttons I would expect to be similar to that.... rather than those specifically since I recall posting there to be disabled.)
August 16, 2017, 04:33:02 AM
Fox: Yeah... I like to think of it as a page loaded with ads. And it's not just the forum home page either... check the sub-forums/topics themselves. == New Topic/Reply/etc. buttons were affected.
August 15, 2017, 07:04:30 PM
Salanewt: Lol, nice. :P
August 15, 2017, 06:33:02 PM
Foxhttp://z9.invisionfree.com/Golden_Sun_Hacking/index.php? == Hahaha! GSHC Classic looks funny now that Photobucket killed the images. :P Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
August 14, 2017, 07:12:02 PM
Salanewt: So yeah, I'm typing up a non-academic essay on why GS2 was rushed; expect that sometime soon!
August 07, 2017, 05:53:11 AM
Fox: But anyway, such a hack mod is simply an idea, and I do not have any current plans to work on it at this time, so.....
August 07, 2017, 05:51:46 AM
Fox: Okay, cool. I think my idea works best without an ability to swap PCs (OR to just simply make that use it the PC's turn.) Hmmm... And with that, I question if a turn list is even needed with my approach. (Outside of maybe 1 entry, if that shortens the modifications.)
August 07, 2017, 05:13:26 AM
Salanewt: To be honest I've been thinking of expanding the battle turn section and also adding code for PCs to have more than two turns in the AI overhaul, but I probably won't allow anyone to have more than four.
August 06, 2017, 12:22:17 AM
Fox: Oh, and if that approach was taken = Would like to also have it so you select the spell to use when it is actually your turn rather than at round start.
August 06, 2017, 12:12:37 AM
Fox: Would take a lot of balancing, but I can see an adept being very slow, and yet very powerful.
August 06, 2017, 12:06:11 AM
Fox: And bosses can have an Agility that is above half of the maximum possible Agility. Mwahaha.
August 06, 2017, 12:04:14 AM
Fox: Hmm... What if Agility could be recodded to allow for multiple turns per round? Obvious, calculations could be made in a way that depending on your Agility, you could like get a different number of turns each round. (eg. 1 turn this round, 2 the next, 1 turn again.) Obviously, To ensure 2 turns all the time, you should have at least double the opponent's agility,.... erm...something. So... you/or enmy could be so fast, the opponent can't even make a move, unless turns are capped.
August 05, 2017, 08:48:42 PM
Fox: ( That keeps search engines from indexing them... :) )
August 05, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
Fox: Also, it's not 100% public if Guests can't see them. (They can't), but who cares about Guests anyway. =P
August 05, 2017, 08:20:28 PM
Fox: @Clan forums: Mars clan has the most posts, and Venus clan has the most topics. So umm having 1k+ posts makes Mars.... interesting?
August 05, 2017, 08:16:43 PM
Fox: /and they're *

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise