Golden Sun Hacking Community
June 24, 2017, 06:59:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Golden Sun fangame to end all fangames (hopefully)  (Read 691 times)
Eon713
Jupiter Clan

Ivan better join my party

Novice Member

Coins: 6

I am: Doing better than previously

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 04:44:48 PM »

Yeah I thought of that too, but that would actually be a good thing because that means that there's a pretty good chance of them being in the process of making a new golden sun game, ie. AM2R vs. Metroid: Samus Returns

Awaiting a good signature
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 9

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 11:43:52 AM »

For the mystic element, I was trying to give each element a spiritual type subelement, I admit it isn't the best of categorizations. To be fair, as far as I know, mars is the only element that uses it's patron animal in standard psynergy.

And as for healing, I gave it divinity because mercury healing is by far the best and deserves its own category. Also I thought I could give it themed psynergy, like a prayer to call down a smiting on your enemies.
So what will you do about the limiting factor that places mercury under?  Wouldn't an entire sub-element dedicated to a single type of spell, while those types could be freely placed in other sub-categories in other elements, lock down Mercury to 3 sub-elements +healing, while the other elements get free reign with 4 full subelements?

View Profile WWW
Eon713
Jupiter Clan

Novice Member

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 01:35:45 PM »

If I wasn't clear enough, I said that divinity/mercury would be getting new spells that do more than heal

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2017, 11:55:18 PM »

My apologies, must have misread it.  I see it now.

How do you plan to implement the fundaments exactly?  How does one become capable of casting Sol or Luna spells?  Or are they not aligned to spells themselves, but to general traits of spells?

View Profile WWW
Eon713
Jupiter Clan

Novice Member

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 04:54:58 AM »

Something like that, most spells don't have a fundament, but those that do have effects that vastly differ from the norm.

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 10:51:13 PM »

So... both of the things I asked?  How does that work?

View Profile WWW
Eon713
Jupiter Clan

Novice Member

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 03:38:27 PM »

Sorry, I should have been more clear. There are neutral spells, sol spells, and luna spells. But they are all primarily an element.
Examples:
Mars-Neutral: Pyroclast
Venus-Luna: Vertigo (debuff)
Mercury-Sol: Shining (high damage, low AoE)

View Profile
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 02:25:42 PM
Seto Kaiba: you know I miss how SMF is almost dead now because having 1pt text to hide my true feels was perhaps the best part of web 2.0
Yesterday at 04:19:13 AM
Fox: Alright. Sounds good.  I agree it does seem a bit silly.  Sounds more of an April Fools type of thing. (Maybe having an ability for people to change their names limitless times specifically on April Fools is an idea.)
Yesterday at 04:09:25 AM
Kain: Sala asked me about the name, I thought it was silly but agreed he could have it only for a week.  Tomorrow his name goes back to Salanewt.
Yesterday at 03:29:10 AM
Fox: And yay! Atrius is back! Thanks for the reply. Somehow I didn't notice the recuriveness before.
Yesterday at 03:25:29 AM
Fox: @ridiculous name for a week =  Hm? So, how many characters would you say should be the maximum to have a name "permanently"... or better yet... How many characters can a name have on registration?
Yesterday at 01:00:50 AM
Atrius: @Javi3, Lo siento, ya no tengo tiempo.
June 22, 2017, 08:57:37 PM
Fox: @conundrum = Think about 8/16/32 bit aligned address, and what that means... Etc.
June 22, 2017, 08:55:23 PM
Fox: @Space manager thought for gsmagic = What a conundrum... Whelp... I'll just do whatever.... Probably would waste more time thinking about preventing bugs than coding anyway. :P
June 21, 2017, 09:30:34 AM
Fox: Because he quit a long time ago and has other priorities?
June 21, 2017, 08:35:54 AM
javi3: Atrius, por que no sigues con el editor de golden sun?
June 20, 2017, 10:52:48 AM
Fox: It feels like the safest bet is to do Atrius's repointering system, and have something that organizes the tables done a bit separate... er... Well, it's something to think about.
June 20, 2017, 08:53:41 AM
Fox: HOWEVER... I can see other problems that might cause..... (Even with just the pointer in the MFT)  Meh. It's like you actually need a program to apply patches to do it appropriately.
June 20, 2017, 08:46:38 AM
Fox: ... So... What am I thinking? You ask? That the patches the point data after MFT, should have had pointers in the MFT themselves.... In that case, I can see a possibility of everything working smoothly even if space is needed to the very end of the ROM.
June 20, 2017, 08:37:22 AM
Fox: It's basically that everthink from the point of  editing, to the closest free space to the last entry's address would get repointed forward/backwards depending on space needed... and if space is mapped after patches are added, then that could mean the patches are also repointed. (:o)
June 20, 2017, 08:29:03 AM
Fox: Well, I mean if I map the space out the same way Atrius did it.
June 20, 2017, 08:26:41 AM
Fox: I have a hunch... when I add Map Palette editing the way I'm thinking about... it will cause all patches that repoint to after the MFT to break.... Especially if Atrius's editor wasn't used beforehand. Etc.
June 20, 2017, 07:27:17 AM
Fox: Hmmm... Let's see... regardless of method, I think I still do want to take some of Atrius's Space Manager code... Hmm.....
June 20, 2017, 07:07:27 AM
Fox: say*
June 20, 2017, 07:07:19 AM
Fox: I'd go so far as to see.. even if you are trying to be accurate, there could still be inaccuracies... However, that one was just an example where it was clearly intentional.
June 20, 2017, 07:04:03 AM
Fox: Like*

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise