News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

The Golden Sun fangame to end all fangames (hopefully)

Started by Eon713, 06, June, 2017, 12:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

So... both of the things I asked?  How does that work?

Eon713

Sorry, I should have been more clear. There are neutral spells, sol spells, and luna spells. But they are all primarily an element.
Examples:
Mars-Neutral: Pyroclast
Venus-Luna: Vertigo (debuff)
Mercury-Sol: Shining (high damage, low AoE)
Awaiting a good signature

Rolina

How will you integrate Neutral, Sol, and Luna into the class system?  What would dictate a class focusing on Neutral spells over Sol or Luna spells?  Do you have a kind of systematic approach to it, or do you go for the "gut feeling" sort of approach?

Eon713

A bit of a mix honestly, I much prefer systematic things as they are hard to mess up, but the original Golden Sun Classes tend to be "gut-feeling".
Most spells are neutral, an adept would most likely only have around six total "alligned" spells at hand.

What I've done so far is go with my gut, and then look at it objectively to find whether it has too much going for it or too little.

By the way, I had a read of your Golden Sun Signatures, is that still a thing? Also, I saw a mention of a class design guide that included the differences between dual symbiotic, neutral, and opposite. Is that something I can access or was it never made? It would really help.

Rolina

Nah, between full time work and part time school, I don't really have the time I used to to work on those things.  Sorry.  Could you link to where the design guide mention was?  Odds are it's pretty old, and I might have a very different approach now...

Eon713

No need to be sorry, you good.

http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2122.msg38030#msg38030
Under "Where to begin"

Rolina

Ah, you're referring to tri-element classes. Hmm...  Might be able to help you there then.  Do you have Microsoft Excel?  If not, do you at least have Open Office Calc?

Eon713

Rolina

Cool.  Do you have discord as well?  If you join the GSHC discord channel, I can transfer the file easy for ya.  Keep in mind it's an incomplete version - I'm still working on typing out a lot of stuff, and it's going to be getting quite a bit of tweaking here and there - but the core functionality that you might be interested in - the character creation and class system - you should find useful at least.  Keep in mind though that this is very much my approach to things, so I think you'll find it useful perhaps as a reference to understand my perspective on things, but depending on how you want to do things it may not be the best tool for you.  It's all up to how you want to do things in the end.

Eon713

Rolina

https://discord.gg/kn78BEK

This is the discord for the GSHC - join it and I can share the xlsx with you.  It's too big to attach here sadly, but it's not over the discord transfer threshold.

Eon713

Gage

A lot of interesting concepts here. Keep it up would be interested to see of these implemented into a hack.