Golden Sun Hacking Community
October 17, 2017, 10:05:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Dawn: weird menu glitch  (Read 251 times)

New User

Coins: 0

« on: June 07, 2017, 01:15:26 AM »

After getting the leather cap from Karis I was just tapping the screen randomly while checking Matthew's base stats. Except, when I exited the status screen, the character select part, I ended up in a battle with a dim dragon. After dying I just ended back at Isaac's house. Here is a link to what images I could get: http://imgur.com/a/qAZV4.
Does anyone have an idea how this happened?

Edit: Just happened again, before talking to Karis, when I closed the menu after equipping the padded gloves. It seems to happen randomly when closing the menu.

Edit 2: Seems to also happen when selecting a menu option. I pressed 'A' on the logbook option and I got sent into another dim dragon battle. Might be happening more often for me since it's being played from a flashcard on a 3ds.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 07:55:48 AM by gapwanderer » Logged
View Profile
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 02:20:35 AM »

That's cool.

Not sure... unless some code got loaded over top of old code or something.... if you can replicate it and explain how it can be replicated, I might could look into it, though.

Would have been nice to know where you would have been if you had successfully defeated that enemy.  At least to see if this could be useful for the speed-running community or not. (Most likely would have returned to where you were?)

@Isaac's house = Might be based on what is stored as map and door number for when you're defeated... which was probably set way before the glitch.. so might not be related to the glitch.  I'm assuming you got the Leather Cap before Patcher's Place? - Yep. Since it's just Matthew there.

--
I noticed some glitching through emulating on Desmume.. (Not sure if same happens on real handheld.)

Such as when you enter battle and see the PC table on the top screen... there can be an awful palette that's used. (Makes it look ugly.) - I suspect it is the same palette as the screen that shows djinn and has a background for the elements. But I did not verify. - Although, this is pretty rare glitch, so I'm not sure how it is replicated.)

Also, there are places you can get stuck in the collision... (See attachment, although, not sure if you need to pause or not.)

(I use to have the screens above/below, until I realized side-by-side is probably better when zoomed in. :P)

* i39^cimgpsh_orig.png (109.41 KB, 513x265 - viewed 27 times.)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 02:43:54 AM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...
*Cross my fingers and hope we have Big Brother All-Stars next year... with Paulie & Cody Califorie(sp?)... and Vanessa & Tiffany Rousso.... Would be fun? :P Especially if one of the boys got evicted early since there's usually some all-guy alliance in there, right?
View Profile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 09:57:26 AM
AZVRE: Im pretty okay, what about you?
Yesterday at 01:17:14 AM
Fox: I think the nine is doing a cirno on me, though... Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
Yesterday at 01:12:20 AM
Fox: onesixtwo*
Yesterday at 01:12:00 AM
Fox: Okay... Meanwhile... ah... 162 being a number that has made itself known to me.... I look at the relationships of the numbers.... 162  1+6+2 = 9 ; onesizetwo = alphabetical order = 9 characters ; Distance apart analysis: os = 4 = 1[6][2] , st = 1 = [1]6[2] , ot = 5 = [1][6]2 ; ost = original sound track?
October 15, 2017, 06:31:17 PM
AZVRE: ah okay :D i thought i caused some trouble
October 14, 2017, 07:49:16 AM
Fox: Oh i know... You were messing with yours, and the description says mine. It's kind of a funny bug. :P
October 13, 2017, 08:18:31 PM
AZVRE: I did not edit your profile tho. Just to erase that confusion ^^"
October 12, 2017, 04:49:56 AM
Fox: e.g. this art = http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/Themes/Jupiter/images/catbg.gif (etc.)
October 12, 2017, 04:48:58 AM
Fox: I have a question: Where did the art for the headers come from? (Like the backgrounds to each of these things... "Affiliates", etc... Asking just incase it inspires me to do something... but if Charon made it, then that's cool too.
October 11, 2017, 04:23:02 AM
FoxWas thinking about having something for the editor anniversary, but I believe I had to change my mind....
October 10, 2017, 12:58:36 PM
Fox: That's alright. ;       @AZVRE's profile: "Current Activity:  Editing the profile of Fox." ...Eh... That looks weird.
October 07, 2017, 11:45:16 PM
Atrius: Sorry about that, the auto bot detection is still working, but it also requires an admin to visit the site regularly.
October 04, 2017, 04:17:40 AM
Fox: Yeah, it does bring a small amount of activity. Not good quality activity, but it's still activity, nonetheless.  Now if we can get them to randomly post pictures and vdeios!
October 04, 2017, 02:10:48 AM
Majora: If nothing else, I like how they're copying the content of real posts at random. Interesting to see how they adapt to seem more authentic
October 03, 2017, 08:29:38 PM
Fox: medico6601 = Most likely another bot. :(
September 26, 2017, 03:32:24 PM
Fox: by ten* Excuse me.
September 26, 2017, 03:32:12 PM
Fox: Oh yes... Also multiply all levels by two. (So actually, an adept will have levels of 54, 3, 2, and 1, rather than 5, 0, 0, 0.... if going by those.)
September 26, 2017, 03:29:07 PM
Fox: ...I mean the theory also saves space on the Status Screen.
September 26, 2017, 03:26:11 PM
Fox: Random/fun concept theory: What if we got rid of ePow/eRest, and just made eLevel do everything. :P (A process of cleaning stuff up... Though, could make things less versatile. - Like, if a Djinni add 1 eLevel = Okay, that's understood... by why specifically +5 on the ePow/eRes (Rhetorical))
September 23, 2017, 04:42:08 AM
Fox: Oh nevermind, it does... but I swear I saw that a minute ago.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise