News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

You are beautiful

Started by Salanewt, 15, June, 2017, 03:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Here is a motivational message for you!

Feel free to discuss how you keep yourself motivated in life, because I know I can be awful with it sometimes! :P

Yours truly, Dendrophiliafish_the_skull_licker_xxXXDx101XyeahbabyyeahxxXXxx_2_the_Mounties_strikeagainxXX5
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

* Rolina sighs

What I'd give to find a GS community that shared my sensibilities and tastes...

leaf

My favorite part is how the name field cuts off not even halfway through the name
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Salanewt

I know, right? That's the best part of this name, even if I can't see the full thing in every page.

Rolina: Well, maybe my name will help motivate you a bit!

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Great.  I get to pick between the place with a strange sense of humor, the place that hurt me personally, the place that was ungrateful, the place that embraces the meme culture I distaste, and the place that's run by guy who are never here but should be run by the guys who have senses of humor I still have trouble with.  And reddit.  I guess that's a choice too or something...

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Hmm... Well, to think of it one way... Do you prefer Charon naming us all silly things that we have little control over (for April Fools)... Or Salanewt using a crazy long name? ...

"Dendrophiliafish_the_skull_licker_xx" = Based on the width of the cells... Seems to be true  for Posts and PMs... but Profile Comments will display the rest (like the Cbox.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

I'm not answering that.  I'll get yelled at and you know it.

Good choice.  I myself think it is interesting that we have people who are willing to do something. The alternative is having nothing, which is even more messed up.

As for admins: Guys... I suppose... It feels like it should (not judging by acceptance of it.) be me, Salanewt, and the OpenGS guy (If he really does do a thing/become the #1 choice for GS content.... it'd do what Atrius's fan-game maker thingy was likely intended to do, but probably way better.).... for some reason. ... However, neither Atrius, Kain, nor the OpenGS guy is that active here.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

It even feels like Kain is annoyed by being bothered by stuff going on here.  I wonder if he'd even be upset if Adminship got transferred to you guys?  If anything I think he might be happy it's not interrupting his gaming time.

It does feels that way a little bit, doesn't it?

I wonder the same.  I think it would be fair if he's the one to decide that, though... (Although, Atrius does technically own the site/ as in... actually paying for it.... Without him, we wouldn't even be here.... so I can't say??)

--
Switch on adminship to us:  I'd be surprise if that was done. But if it is, then cool beans... I have a lot of things I'd like to try to do. Or at least think/consider. (Ideas could change, or maybe not.)
-Username changes (once per 2 week period, can switch back at anytime.)
-Clan joining.
-Revitalize the badge system/ add more. / Maybe even do a weekly sales program. (10% discount? If I change the value of money.)
-Would be cool to have special events again... (If I can think of any?) And have badges for them. One idea is that each user can have an opt-in feature. If they are not opt-in by the time the event starts, they can't claim the badge. (Or I dunno...) ... So like, one example is when opt-in, then that is basically giving us permission to change you name specifically for the event when deemed necessary. Although, it might would be an auto-opt-in thing, where you have to manually opt-out.
-I have my doubts, but should people be able to require a coin purchase for others to download their own hacks? (One idea is to also require that same coin purchase for the author of the patch requiring it... as to sort of deter people from doing it. There could even be a set maximum for the price.)
-Make it so users can get coins without needing others to give it to them. (So the above makes more sense. ... As in, keeping every patch easily obtainable.)

-Bring back Rep system . (Well, only the upping posts part, I think.) , Alternatives include a Like system where you see who liked your post.

-I also would like to add the documentation to the website itself, if ever possible... but anyway...

Ofcourse, if worst comes to worst, the main thing is that we just need an admin who is open to making such arrangements so we can have things like that.

Quick question is... does Kain even have code access???

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Salanewt

My apologies, but I feel like you two may be going off topic a bit. Especially because this discussion isn't as beautiful as you lovely people. :)

I found a Forbes article about inspirational quotes but it wouldn't let me actually view it, or else I would link it here. I'm trying to find motivational stuff to think about over the next few days or so and this is unfortunate!

Huh. Are we? This topic seems too vague for me.  I would think this site is beautiful, and very motivational to GS hacking, so why not discuss it? :P

And sounds good that you found the Forbes article. Not sure if it is because of your ad-blocker? Or if the page really is messed up? (Most likely the latter.)

---
Oh yeah! It just occurred to me!
Want something (maybe/maybe not) inspirational?
Watch Big Brother (U.S.)
It's coming on for the summer! Aren't they beautiful?! If you had All Access or a way to see the feeds... You can watch them in bed and stuff... (Black/white in pitch dark, though....) I remember seeing them once in a previous year... (Don't worry, I believe they sleep with their clothes on, or at least, that's as far as I know.) ... but now days, I figure it is a huge waste of time.
(For those who don't know, Big Brother is a 24/7 game show lasting nearly 100 days. Usually less, I think... The whole thing is just a social game where you eliminate 1~2 people a week... similar to Survivor.)

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-19-live-feeds-houseguests-cast-reveal/ = Hope you're excited to meet the new cast. (Literally Today = Monday.)  (And no, I don't have All Access... But I do like to look at updates on fansites from time to time. If I'm into it/probably not always.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Rolina

This topic has a topic?  I thought it was just about wagging that giant di- name around and showboating.  And won't you get yelled at for minimodding?  Or am I the only one who gets yelled at about wanting topics to stay on topic?

^Same! - This topic (like the chatbox) looked like a random chat for discussing random things...  think of it like what a drunk person would do.... (not saying anyone's drunk, of course. Esp. since I kind of doubt it?).... type of vague.  (And if we did take the topic to mean Insprational Quotes... then I would assume it be a duplicate... OR wait, do we even have a duplicate... I feel like there was something, but I don't remember.
Edit again: Here's one: http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=773.0
A topic named "Motivation", sweet. http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=402.0)

He could... but no admin is here to do any yelling... (w/o a user report anyway = Which is the assumption right now/not sure about later?) so.... o.O Well, at least he apologized in advance, as well... so ummm.... ouch.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Rolina

Besides, the first post makes it abundantly clear what the topic is actually about.
Quote from: Dendrophiliafish_the_skull_licker_xxXXDx101XyeahbabyyeahxxXX on 15, June, 2017, 03:00:58 AM
Here is a motivational message for you!

Feel free to discuss how you keep yourself motivated in life, because I know I can be awful with it sometimes! :P

Yours truly, Dendrophiliafish_the_skull_licker_xxXXDx101XyeahbabyyeahxxXXxx_2_the_Mounties_strikeagainxXX5
It's not about the motivational message, it's about him bragging about the name.  The rest of the conversation stemmed from that in a natural flow.  Me lamenting that this is what my life has become, where I am trapped with a bunch of people who some think that's somehow funny or acceptable, but doomed to be the villain and treated as such if I dare try and say he should have a normal screen name. 

Then there was talking about the name again.

Then more discussions about about "why is this/meme culture/absurdist humor even a thing?", etc.  Never really was about motivation, nor was that the intent given the first post.  Maybe he just wanted the conversation to go in a different direction?

I get the feeling that you're mostly right... definitely feels like the reason for why the topic was posted in the first place, anyway....  but I'm guessing he then needed to figure out a better topic then just the name by itself, and that's where the dummy-motivational stuff comes into play.... (So it looks less spammy, but unfortunately, it still looks spammy. And thus I label this a random chat.)

Well.. Funny or not, I like to at least try to be optimistic... and it is his name...  We're all a bunch of crazy people.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Lord Wolfram

What about Prox news? I remember that was a fun thing here.
Good to see you all around here, I'll make a report in news section then.

Salanewt

Name/topic stuff: Oh no, I hate minimodding; I just don't want my beautiful topic to get locked!

Wolfram: Hey there, welcome back!

Lord Wolfram

Rolina