News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Big Brother Fangame Idea

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 17, July, 2017, 09:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

- There may be some Phoenix Wright references if I can think of any good ones. Phoenix Wright is mostly a novel, and seeing as Big Brother is mostly done in the House, well, yeah. There are some similarities. Court vs. Nomination ceremonies and Evictions.... Except that court is a trial against one person, and Evictions is picking to Evict one or the other. (Or a third if there is a third nominee.)

Event: The Broken Bone (Foot?)
If certain events take place (such as two people being in the game up to a certain point), then one of them could have their foot broken/sent to hospital for surgery. There, they could cast their vote through a phone call. One thing to spice this up a bit, is that the phone call wasn't completely hanged up, and so the voter could here the quantity of votes against each nominated houseguest before it continued with the rest of the votes. (Difference is, the phone voter doesn't get the see the voter order.)

Event: The Talk Show (Or whatever, but this can be an example.)
If a particular houseguest makes it to a certain point, s/he'll start doing talk shows by gathering the people around to interview the nominees.

Event: Storytime
If a particular houseguest makes it to a certain point, there will be a story time routine. Could be an old guy like Kraden.

Event: There could be a series of events that could lead to a house guest self-evicting.  (Probably female, since it often feels like they are twice as emotional than guys.) Self-eviction(s) should occur pretty early in the game, though. Likewise, other forms of evictions like rule-breaking could be considered.

Twist: A voice may talk in the main character's(?) head instructing them what to do for a week. (Stanley Parable reference.) Whether these to-dos are good or bad, who knows?

---

One of my ideas for this game idea (Not saying whether a game will be in the works.) , is that there could be an Achievements system. In a perfect world where you could get a perfect score, it could be to have had a final two with all houseguests, never been voted against, and get all the Jury votes. (And if you can pick a character, to do the same with each.) But realistically, I'm sure that would take an extremely long time to accomplish... Oh, and did I mention this is currently just an idea for now?

--
Implementation idea:
There could be a Trust table with 16x16 numbers = Whatever numbers are set here, the lesser could be voted out by voter. - It may be more complicated, though. (Such things like flip votes, and trying to fool people abut your vote and such.) But in that case, other data could overwrite who's voted out. (e.g. Like what item classes are to GS's class system.) For example... the most trusted of a person could sway one's vote. And the HOH could sway it if one of the top 2-3 trusted of a person... (Only a theory to give an example scenario.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

...?  Wait, what is this for?  I'm genuinely confused.

For me to brainstorm ideas on what a Big Brother (or some variant) game could be like as a video game. ...
Whether or not I ever get into the coding of it is another question altogether.
And likely wouldn't be anytime soon...
-Planning would need to be done.
-Too low of a priority. (at this time, at least.)

But it is still nice to have some reference just in case I magically want to pick up on doing something interesting.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

What, like, the concept of big brother?  So a 1984-esque game?  Isn't that basically the premise we thought Watch Dogs was gonna be?

Well.. umm... yeah... What I had in mind is that there'd be an HOH every in-game week, ~two nominees go up, one goes out the door... so...

1984-esque? I'm not sure what that means....

Watch Dogs? Don't believe I've heard of it....

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Salanewt

I haven't watched the reality TV show so I can't really comment on that, but I think Fox is talking about that while Role is talking about the George Orwell novel.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Oh? So Role's talking about Gov't's spying on people? While I'm talking about the game show itself....? Did I get that correct? As I'm not familiar with the novel. (Though I did find references to it when I googled.)

I've been finding that game show addicting again this year.... wasn't sure if I'd watch much of it or not... but it looks like I will. .... Heh.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Rolina

Quote from: Fox on 19, July, 2017, 10:25:49 PM
Oh? So Role's talking about Gov't's spying on people? While I'm talking about the game show itself....? Did I get that correct? As I'm not familiar with the novel. (Though I did find references to it when I googled.)

I've been finding that game show addicting again this year.... wasn't sure if I'd watch much of it or not... but it looks like I will. .... Heh.
Wait, game show?  Oooh, I forgot about that...  No wonder I was so confused.  

The concept of big brother is that the government is spying on everyone, and to my understanding I think the concept was popularized by the novel 1984.  That's where the show gets its name.

Also, you haven't heard of Watch Dogs?  The Ubisoft game everyone got excited about then suuuuuper let down because it turned out to be a generic revenge plot instead of the fight the system game the previews made it look like?  Was kind of one of the more well known early broken promises of the current console generation.