News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Graphical glitch in Lamakan

Started by Plexa, 02, September, 2017, 12:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plexa

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/171607528

Never seen this before! Posting here in the off chance there's something interesting going on.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Oh cool...

I'm not sure what it is... but I guess I can look at the functions that are for the thermometer.... since it had a glitch between using Reveal and getting the djinni.

I'm not sure if this is one of those frame-perfect glitches?

02000472 = 16-bit value that ssays how much it is filled.
02009054 = For event id 0x15 tiles (Thumb code)
02009638 = .... executes every frame, and is what picks the dialogue set to use. (I do not expect the glitch to be here, so moving on....)

Quote25% filled:
Garet: "Agh... This desert is much hotter than I ever imagined..."
Ivan: "Just walking around here saps every ounce of my strength."
Mia: "I can't stop sweating... I wish I'd brought a change of clothes..."

50% filled:
Garet: "I'm so thirsty... Water! I need some water!"
Ivan: "I can't keep my cool when it's this hot..."
Mia: "Ew... My clothes are drenched in sweat! This is gross!"

75% filled:
Garet: "Aghh! I can't stand it! My feet are burning!"
Ivan: "I can't stand another minute of this! Where's an oasis?"
Mia: "If we don't find an oasis soon, I'm gonna shrivel up and blow away!"

Have you been able to replicate the glitch?
If not... then it could have probably also helped if you made a savestate... like on the textbox glitch, so I could look at the data.... Hm... Otherwise, I'll keep looking.

Also not sure if this is one of those glitches where the battle undoes it or not.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Plexa

So this was done on console so no save states or anything like that. Pretty sure this is frame perfect or close to. I know that reveal doesn't immediately restore full vision once the effect ends, and there is a 'slow' fade from black into the usual screen (that is usually very laggy) that still allows you to move. My guess is that I moved during the fade out and triggered the text box which prevent the rest of the fade from happening.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Oh.  Would have been cool if there was an easy way to dump RAM from console... oh well.
Frame perfect sounds likely because the glitch is hard to make sense of.

Hm... I suppose it might be possible that it could be that you were going into Reveal at the same time a dialogue was suppose to pop up. Since I don't think those dialogues will pop up in Reveal mode.
I only say into, b/c of messed up thermometer graphics... but otherwise, I dunno... into or out of?

However, I have not yet replicated the glitch, so.... this is more just theory until then.

02030182 = The set of messages to use (1-3) ... Non-zero to make one appear... ; Value does nothing/doesn't reset when menus are open... hm... but exiting a menu (Even if by using reveal..) will make the dialgoue pop up first, followed by Reveal being used... Huh... ; Both those observations did not result in any glitching as of yet.

Actually wait, that value (02030182) might actually works the same for all maps.... (As in, not dialogue-specific.) ... possibly used to automatically call function(s) with event type 6 in the event list. (With the same id matching number?)

@0200A62C:

00000006 02010001 02008C6D
00000006 02010002 02008C6D
00000006 02010003 02008C6D

Somehow Reveal turns on flag 0x201... hmmm... and that turns off outside of Reveal...

Which makes me think there is an Event for Reveal. Hm... Yep!

@0200A614:
50009085 FFFF0000 0200888D = When entering Reveal
40009085 FFFF0000 020084E5 = When leaving Reveal
^Bold is ability/psynergy id. ; (For Event Type 5.)

---
I guess I'm stuck? Meanwhile... I learn that the oasis/djinni that appear, may be based on map. (So Retreat Glitch could change that some. - As in, other tiles get edited? Will need to test, though.) Probably not of any use, though.... Imagine if something like that ever helped with going OOBs... )
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Plexa

Yeah I played around trying to replicate it today and, like you, I haven't been successful. I do think that collecting Smog is important to the glitch because the lag once you leave reveal after that is very significant.