News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Thoughts on Alex vs. The Wise One?

Started by Fionordequester, 05, September, 2017, 07:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fionordequester

I can see why others might've been disappointed, if they'd been looking forward to the time Alex finally showed his hand...but I thought that ending was PERFECT for him.  I mean, Alex was cool and all...but he spent basically two entire games freeloading off of what everyone else did.  He...

--------------------
1) Has Saturos and Menardi do most of his dirty work for him, never even bothering to help them with their fights against Isaac and co.

2) Abandons Felix and co. the moment he realizes that they can't do everything for him.

3) He attempts to steal Piers's ship; then runs away the moment Piers gets back

4) He later threatens Felix and co. to hurry up and light the lighthouses...except, he can't actually do it himself. Instad, he has Agatio and Karst drop everything they're doing to sail AAALLLL the way to Champa; all because he can't do his own bullying.

5) Tells Agatio and Karst that he'll back them up against Isaac and co...then turns tail the moment the two parties actually meet.

6) Never attempts to help anyone light Mars Lighthouse.
--------------------

IMO, the ending is perfect for him.  The guy goes out exactly the same way he came in; TALKING a big game while doing absolutely nothing.

And what really made it perfect (and hilarious)?  The Wise One dropkicks him out of the ending while doing the EXACT same thing to Alex that Alex had been doing to everything else; speaking very politely to Alex while insulting him at the same time.  And somehow, the Wise One does it without even being that mean about it.

I personally LOVED the scene; but I can see how it might've rubbed others the wrong way.. What do you all think?