News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Animation Index/Arguments List

Started by Sajin, 10, October, 2009, 08:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajlsunrise33

Does anyone know the offset for the animation images in the ROM (for TLA), I'd appreciate the information. :) :happy:

Rolina

Wrong thread for that.  We're actually making a compilation of all the animations and their respective arguments in this thread.

ajlsunrise33

Well then, do you mind telling me where that thread is?

Salanewt

I'm not sure if we have one, unfortunately. You can probably create one if you want; Atrius might be able to help you when he returns. If there is already one, then there is a chance that Charon/Jamie will combine them anyway.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Salanewt

Ah, a minor update. You know how animation #48 freezes the game? This should always happen, as it doesn't actually have an animation of its own. Something random that I thought I would look into.

Edit: Also...

Impact - #26 and #46 are exactly the same; they share the same offset. Likewise, Impair - #29 and #47, are also the same.

And also, unfortunately, both Reflect and Regenerate are exactly the same as Wish. Not just for how they look, but also the data used.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Well, we are looking at animations and their arguments, not the abilities themselves, Sala.  That's why the naming requirement exists, after all.

Salanewt

That is what I am saying; those animations are exactly the same. The offsets are repeated at each of those locations, meaning that they point to the same data; despite using different numbers.

Rolina

Either way, we should include both in the image gallery to show this.  If we keep one but leave out the other, it'll probably leave some people wondering.  As such, I feel it's better to include both, even if it's redundant.  Heck, I want to eventually expand this to include every argument for every animation, but we all know that'll never get done.  As such, if nothing else, let's just get that list done.

Mion Sonozaki

When you use animation 228 (Breath) on a normal psynergy spell, it turns out it actually has 3 stages like Ply, Cure, and all the other jabber jabber! :O

In other words, for those who want to have a Jupiter healing spell, use this:

Ani 228:
Argument 0 - A tiny amount of purple energy spiral into you
Argument 1 - A big amount of purple energy spiral into you
Argument 2 - A LOT of purple energy spiral into you

Ether (228) functions the same way and uses the same animations. However, the "energy" is different, do keep in mind.

And contrary to the popular belief, Reflect is NOT the same as Wish. Similar, but different. Reflect is smaller. Try and see!

edit: Hrm.. Seems animation 228 (Breath) refuses to target the fourth party member when set to target all. I don't know if there are any ways to fix this, but it was worth noting the behavior.

Rolina

Aye, the reason we're doing this is because of stuff like that.  Keep up the good work.

Rolina

Okay... I've just checked the photobucket, and it looks like there hasn't been much of anything new posted.  I take it you guys were off doing other things?

We should try to get back on this.  If possible, I'd like to see us work on a comprehensive library of animations for when we're done with this.

Misery

How should the animation graphics be captured? Frame-by-frame screenshots in vba? That's a load of work...
Well, since Atrius has ripped som standard psynergy animations already, someone could at least put those up.

Rolina

You know you can record videos in VBA, right?

Misery

I expect that would lead to inconsistency and quality loss.

Aile~♥

Not particularly. VBA videos end up with near-perfect quality and insane filesize.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Go log into the photobucket and see what people have done so far.  That's with the video taking from the VBA, converted into gifs.

Misery

*slaps self for not reading the whole topic*
ok, I was kinda hoping for just the animations themselves without characters and BG, but at least it's consistent

Griever

Ah yes ... seems like no one working on this .. including me >_<
I have a list of animations that I can upload but will have to me later today or tomorrow ... but I have the first 50 animations ready ^_^

Rolina

Cool!  Leave the organization to me - it's the least I can do.  Once we get a good number going, say maybe 100 or so, I'll start up the default animation library.

Also, report anything that crashes the game in your tests!  This is very important!

Griever

Ok I will, though most of them are already listed as crashes game in the editor ...