News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Ability Effects 48 and 52

Started by Salanewt, 28, September, 2017, 01:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Okay, so these two effects are only assigned to one ability each:

48 is assigned to Sidestep; the effect comes right after two damage reducing effects (one for 50% and the other for 90%) in the effect list, while the ability is just before Total Defense (which uses the 90% reduction) and Stand Ready (50% reduction). Like Total Defense and Stand Ready, Sidestep is also a non-elemental ability that is single target, uses the utility formula, and can only be used by the user on themselves.

52 is assigned to Crazy Voice, which is a PP damaging move used exclusively by Harridan. This ability is right between two other sound-based abilities that dabble in turn reduction (one inflicts stun, the other is a guaranteed 1-turn stun). The effect for this is also right beside the 1-turn stun effect in the ability effect list, and the ability shares some similarities with the other two sound-based abilities it is grouped with.

We have tried to figure out what these effects are, but haven't had any luck et. Research so far hasn't turned up any concrete evidence of them even being referenced or checked for in the second game's code, let alone actually doing anything. It is therefore likely that these two effects are variants of other effects (Sidestep of 50/90% damage reduction, Crazy Voice of stun/1-turn stun) that were planned for the first game but not programmed, and then carried over to the second game while also unfinished. This would make them similar to Charm/Confuse and Reflect.

We haven't confirmed 100% that they don't do anything, but I make this post simply because there has been no evidence to support otherwise yet and the arguments above might explain why.

Have a good day. :P
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

What enemy (if any) has sidestep? If nothing has it, I wonder if it might be related to miss chance of standard attacks? (Or, possibly, was intended to cause the user to automatically dodge all standard attacks during the round in which it is used.)

As for Crazy Voice... nope, I got nothin'.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]