Golden Sun Hacking Community
May 20, 2018, 09:34:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Golden Sun: Vale Essentials (Minecraft 1.11.2 Mod)  (Read 1490 times)
Majora
Venus Clan

Coins: 0

« on: December 04, 2017, 06:47:54 PM »

(a Golden Sun Minecraft mod for version 1.11.2)

Adds a wide assortment of 3D models and world-building blocks and set dressing from the town of Vale from the Golden Sun series to Minecraft!

DOWNLOAD
(by clicking this link, you promise you'll make a back-up of your world before loading up the mod)

This mod was created using code generated by Pylo's MCreator.
If you wish to create your own Minecraft mod: https://mcreator.pylo.co/

To install, simply extract the contents of the .RAR archive and place the resulting .JAR files in your Minecraft mods folder. Forge is required to run this mod.

Creator's comments...
Version 1.0.2: "This mod is part of the Golden Sun Decor 2.0 family of Golden Sun mods for Minecraft 1.11.2. This is a dual entry in the 2.0 series, containing the sub-mods Golden Sun: Vale Essentials and Golden Sun: Fauna. These two mods were lumped together for several reasons, mainly due to a degree of cross-over in the content they add to Minecraft (you can't have Vale without the trees!). The Vale Essentials sub-mod adds a variety of 3D models, blocks, and set dressing from the town of Vale, allowing for near 1:1 Minecraft recreations of the town as it appears in-game. Some structures are included, such as the Vale Sanctum. The Vale bridge objects are modular in that they are broken out into a front piece, middle piece, and end piece, one set for each compass direction, allowing the user to customize the length of their bridges if they wish. Special blocks such as corner pieces are included as well, with a variety of grass and wall block articulations, allowing for decent transitions from walls to corners to grassy tops.

The Golden Sun: Fauna sub-mod includes a utilitarian variety of trees and plants found in the game with additional plant life planned for a future, more content-dense Fauna mod. Included so far are trees commonly found in Vale and several other GS1 cities such as Bilibin. Garet's sister's garden is included, of course! Between these two mods, users should have roughly all of the tools they need to recreate Vale as it appears in the Golden Sun series, or their own completely new Golden Sun towns! Have fun!"

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler for Hidden:

The mod goes great with Custom NPC mods, such as Noppes' Custom NPCs, which allows custom user-created quests, in-game dialog, essentially everything anyone will ever need.

FEATURES

Venus Djinni Set Mars Djinni Set Jupiter Djinni Set Mercury Djinni Set

Golden Sun: Vale Essentials and Golden Sun: Fauna
add a huge selection of 3D models, structures, and blocks to Minecraft, including:

The Vale Sanctum
Modular Bridges
Vale Grass, Wall, Shade, and Dirt Paths with corner blocks and articulations for all block types
Foliage including flowers, ivy, bushes
Trees, large and small
And more!

PROBLEMS?

If you encounter any problems, post a crash report here so I can take a look at it.
It should be 99.8% stable. I'd be surprised if it caused any issues for anyone other than ID conflicts with other mods, which is unlikely and easily fixed.

CHECK OUT THESE BEAUTS:
Previous Golden Sun Minecraft mods I've created:
Spoiler for Hidden:

COMING SOON...
Spoiler for Hidden:
Fauna, fauna, fauna...

GOLDEN SUN 2.0 MODPACK

Each mod in the Golden Sun 2.0 series of mods for Minecraft 1.11.2 is also available via the below modpack
in case anyone wishes to install them all at once.

The modpack includes:
- Golden Sun Decor 2.0
- Golden Sun Statues
- Golden Sun: Vale Essentials
- Golden Sun Fauna

Click here to download the exclusive
Golden Sun 2.0 modpack:

Spoiler for Hidden:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 12:42:12 AM by Majora » Logged
View Profile
Majora
Venus Clan

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 02:38:22 AM »

12/10/2017: Updated download link with the following additions:

- Added Vale Essentials Misc creative tab with several new 3D objects and blocks

The update is available as a separate JAR file deliverable. Simply extract the two files from the zip file in the download link and place them in your minecraft/mods folder to install.

Working on a small update to add a couple of nice-to-have 3D objects and scenery found in the Vale plaza. The update itself is just about done, just adding a couple of things here and there before uploading it.

Some quick screenshots, one is vanilla and the others have HD Minecraft shaders enabled (it's crazy seeing Vale in HD!):
Spoiler for Hidden:

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 09:20:27 PM by Majora » Logged
View Profile
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

Coins: 1

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 04:36:19 PM »

beautiful work, really looks great. 
View Profile
Majora
Venus Clan

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 07:44:40 PM »

Awesome, I'm glad you like it!
View Profile
Majora
Venus Clan

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 05:48:17 AM »

4/8/2018: Updated to version 1.0.2 with the following fixes:

- Re-scaled block and model textures for compatibility with Optifine. This fixes an issue where certain textures looked blurry if Optifine was active
- Disabled vanilla Minecraft shading on all custom models. This prevents Minecraft from adding artificial shading to the models, allowing the vibrant colors of Golden Sun to shine
- Disabled ambient occlusion on all models to resolve a bug where Minecraft would add black shadows to model block faces if Smooth Lighting was enabled

Below are a few quick screenshots showing how vibrant, sharp, and awesome the textures are in version 1.0.2:

MORE SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler for Hidden:

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 12:43:39 AM by Majora » Logged
View Profile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
May 09, 2018, 12:35:37 AM
KyleRunner: The "Start In" field is not editable... I'll try making new shortcuts
May 08, 2018, 09:51:08 PM
Fox: If all else fails, you canmake new Shortcuts to do the same thing.
May 08, 2018, 09:49:53 PM
Fox: Export Properties > Shortcut (Tab) > Target / Start In ; Target (for Export) should be: (filename) 0 , and for Import: (filename) 1
May 08, 2018, 08:52:00 PM
KyleRunner: I can't change the path in properties menu...
May 08, 2018, 01:27:19 AM
Fox: You may need to edit something in properties, though... so it uses the exe file in the same directory.
May 08, 2018, 01:24:59 AM
Fox: It is suppose to be a shortcut, yes.
May 03, 2018, 11:48:05 PM
KyleRunner: Fox, the "export" function in your text editor is just a shortcut... Could you please fix it?
May 02, 2018, 09:53:45 PM
KyleRunner: I come here everyday. I'm working on a Portuguese translation, and the people here help me a lot.
May 02, 2018, 08:56:07 AM
Drake baku: My feel as well, I posted a little as well since my return, but silence was all that followed... At least the forum is a great source for data when hacking GS/ GS2, currently looking for something I have read a long time ago cause my PP recovery psy is not working
May 01, 2018, 09:58:04 AM
Fox: I am thinking a lot of this might be because of Discord?
May 01, 2018, 09:56:08 AM
Fox: Yeah, this forum is more dead than ever before.  February and April have 0 new topics. (All other months prior have more.) And March has lowest number of new posts. (It'd be dumb to count the very first month this site was created.)
April 25, 2018, 09:02:13 PM
Fox: Yes. The best tool is a hex editor. Well.... VBA, VBA-SDL-H, no$gba Debugger, GBATEK, and my documentation.... to use these to learn how the code/data works. Best method because it maximizes your editing ability... and then there is my program gsmagic that I was working on. Still in its early stages, though. (Even after year(s).)
April 25, 2018, 04:21:58 PM
Xendrox D: *exept tla editor.
April 25, 2018, 04:21:29 PM
Xendrox D: is there any other tool for hacking gs?
April 23, 2018, 09:26:27 PM
Atrius: Rarely, but not never.
April 23, 2018, 08:01:48 AM
Drake baku: Can it be, the god who created the editor, atrius. I heard you never came back online here anymore
April 20, 2018, 02:46:36 PM
KyleRunner: Atrius!!
April 19, 2018, 11:29:46 PM
Atrius: @Fox, I tried, but for some reason Mario Golf won't boot, and Mario Tennis crashes when you patch out the text compression, and I'm not sure why...  The normal text loading functions in them are basically the same as the ones in the Golden Sun games.
April 16, 2018, 07:44:36 AM
Drake baku: So it took about halve a hour of letting my lap stay off for it to suddenly work again
April 16, 2018, 07:31:28 AM
Drake baku: All of a sudden fox his editor gets errors. When trying to start it, thing worked fine yesterday...

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise