Golden Sun Hacking Community
January 17, 2018, 01:13:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Golden Sun: Vale Essentials (Minecraft 1.11.2 Mod)  (Read 411 times)
Majora
Venus Clan

Coins: 0

« on: December 04, 2017, 06:47:54 PM »

(a Golden Sun Minecraft mod for version 1.11.2)

Adds a wide assortment of 3D models and world-building blocks and set dressing from the town of Vale from the Golden Sun series to Minecraft!

DOWNLOAD
(by clicking this link, you promise you'll make a back-up of your world before loading up the mod)
Spoiler for Hidden:

This mod was created using code generated by Pylo's MCreator.
If you wish to create your own Minecraft mod: https://mcreator.pylo.co/

To install, simply extract the contents of the .RAR archive and place the resulting .JAR files in your Minecraft mods folder. Forge is required to run this mod.

Creator's comments...
Version 1.0.2: "This mod is part of the Golden Sun Decor 2.0 family of Golden Sun mods for Minecraft 1.11.2. This is a dual entry in the 2.0 series, containing the sub-mods Golden Sun: Vale Essentials and Golden Sun: Fauna. These two mods were lumped together for several reasons, mainly due to a degree of cross-over in the content they add to Minecraft (you can't have Vale without the trees!). The Vale Essentials sub-mod adds a variety of 3D models, blocks, and set dressing from the town of Vale, allowing for near 1:1 Minecraft recreations of the town as it appears in-game. Some structures are included, such as the Vale Sanctum. The Vale bridge objects are modular in that they are broken out into a front piece, middle piece, and end piece, one set for each compass direction, allowing the user to customize the length of their bridges if they wish. Special blocks such as corner pieces are included as well, with a variety of grass and wall block articulations, allowing for decent transitions from walls to corners to grassy tops.

The Golden Sun: Fauna sub-mod includes a utilitarian variety of trees and plants found in the game with additional plant life planned for a future, more content-dense Fauna mod. Included so far are trees commonly found in Vale and several other GS1 cities such as Bilibin. Garet's sister's garden is included, of course! Between these two mods, users should have roughly all of the tools they need to recreate Vale as it appears in the Golden Sun series, or their own completely new Golden Sun towns! Have fun!"

IMAGES

Spoiler for Hidden:

The mod goes great with Custom NPC mods, such as Noppes' Custom NPCs, which allows custom user-created quests, in-game dialog, essentially everything anyone will ever need.

FEATURES

Venus Djinni Set Mars Djinni Set Jupiter Djinni Set Mercury Djinni Set

Golden Sun: Vale Essentials and Golden Sun: Fauna
add a huge selection of 3D models, structures, and blocks to Minecraft, including:

The Vale Sanctum
Modular Bridges
Vale Grass, Wall, Shade, and Dirt Paths with corner blocks and articulations for all block types
Foliage including flowers, ivy, bushes
Trees, large and small
And more!

PROBLEMS?

If you encounter any problems, post a crash report here so I can take a look at it.
It should be 99.8% stable. I'd be surprised if it caused any issues for anyone other than ID conflicts with other mods, which is unlikely and easily fixed.

CHECK OUT THESE BEAUTS:
Previous Golden Sun Minecraft mods I've created:
Spoiler for Hidden:

COMING SOON...
Spoiler for Hidden:
Fauna, fauna, fauna...

GOLDEN SUN 2.0 MODPACK

Each mod in the Golden Sun 2.0 series of mods for Minecraft 1.11.2 is also available via the below modpack
in case anyone wishes to install them all at once.

The modpack includes:
- Golden Sun Decor 2.0
- Golden Sun Statues
- Golden Sun: Vale Essentials
- Golden Sun Fauna

Click here to download the exclusive
Golden Sun 2.0 modpack:

Spoiler for Hidden:
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 06:49:16 PM by Majora » Logged
View Profile
Majora
Venus Clan

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 02:38:22 AM »

12/10/2017: Updated download link with the following additions:

- Added Vale Essentials Misc creative tab with several new 3D objects and blocks

The update is available as a separate JAR file deliverable. Simply extract the two files from the zip file in the download link and place them in your minecraft/mods folder to install.

Working on a small update to add a couple of nice-to-have 3D objects and scenery found in the Vale plaza. The update itself is just about done, just adding a couple of things here and there before uploading it.

Some quick screenshots, one is vanilla and the others have HD Minecraft shaders enabled (it's crazy seeing Vale in HD!):
Spoiler for Hidden:

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 09:20:27 PM by Majora » Logged
View Profile
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

Coins: 1

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 04:36:19 PM »

beautiful work, really looks great. 
View Profile
Majora
Venus Clan

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 07:44:40 PM »

Awesome, I'm glad you like it!
View Profile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 08:44:56 PM
Fox: I must say... life can be complicated..... when you have question(s) (via email) ... and it seems like they sort of get ignored. :D ; Fun, (And sometimes, a person may respond, and completely not answer the question.... so like... 3-person conversation.) Hahahaha!!
January 15, 2018, 07:26:16 PM
Fox: (path) 1 text=(address) char=(address) free=(address) ; << Well, closer to this... but yeah... even if I do choose to have defaults in the code, I could still use this method for overrides.
January 15, 2018, 07:24:28 PM
Fox: So like (path) 0 text=(address) char=(address) len=(number) ; (path) 1 free=(address) ; Or something. But that's just a quick example.
January 15, 2018, 06:59:14 PM
Fox: Hopefully. I was wanting to make it so you could put in the addresses/etc. as one of the arguments in the path. Hm?
January 15, 2018, 03:37:07 PM
KyleRunner: Nice! I hope you'll add compatibility with others games (GS1, Mario Golf and Tennis) soon.
January 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Fox: Okay. Posted (in Downloads section) an initial cutdown version for now, for my text compressor. Basically to separate the code from my Editor for anyone who wants to mess with it. It only supports GS2, because I still didn't add the addresses/etc. for the other games.
January 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
Fox: Okay! Going to need to think how I want it to work. Initial thoughts is maybe have a number of arguments in the filepath thing. And have a number of shortcuts (files) to be used as examples. Assuming there are no problems.
January 14, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
KyleRunner: Well... I'm used to editing text ina a text editor, so... yes! Thanks in advance!
January 13, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Fox: (Text editor = Text Document like notepad.)
January 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Fox: Would you prefer during the text editing in a text editor? (Like what gstoolkit lets you do?) I could probably make a separate tool or something to compress it.
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
KyleRunner: Ok. Once I finish my Lost Age translation, I'll try a Mario Golf one. Thanks. (But I'll need help).
January 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Fox: If you want to make it "permanent" (part of a hack), then you'd edit code in the ROM that writes to this location of the IDs you'd want to change. (You can find these locations by using a breakpoint debugger like SDL-H or no$gba.)
January 13, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Fox: Reload/switch = Recommended to be done through Debug mode/warp menu, ofcourse... since doors seem to appear as if they were disabled? ; 03001238:01 and B+Start to get to warp menu.
January 13, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Fox: @Kyle Runner = It might be, but you'd have to use the correct addresses for Mario Golf, rather than for GS2 as I have it right now. ; @raijinken = Yes. 02000454 = ID of leader. (Change this and reload/switch room you are in, enjoy.)
January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
raijinken: Hey guys, is it possible to somehow change the lead character on the map? Was wondering. I remember there was a cheat to use Jenna, but what if I wanted Isaac, or Piers?
January 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, Fox *
January 13, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, is your text editor compatible with Mario Golf (GBA)?
January 11, 2018, 08:33:13 PM
Fox: But if it isn't an oversight, I still can't imagine it being that useful.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
Fox: part, ofcourse.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:15 PM
Fox: 0200274C = Hmm... Stuff happens here when you use Cyclone around bushes. (These cause tile replacements, and setting event 0 to those tiles.) - And I guess this kept here so it can be scanned after battle. (To re-update the map.) So here is my fun thought (assuming if it is even possible, or even convenient if so.) ... Are there any events from other maps that could be disabled do to using Cyclone on bushes + Retreat glitch? I'll need to do some testing to make sure this isn't an oversight on my

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise