News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Will Golden Sun 4 ever be released?

Started by shenlong, 28, January, 2018, 10:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shenlong

When will they realize that Golden Sun is a series with extremely high potential. They need to bring it back! Imagine an open world Golden Sun Game? Golden Sun 4 needs to be here!

charon the ferryman

No

1. golden sun the lost age was actually probably where the series should have ended, realistically, considering that Dark Dawn seemed to forget about 90% of the lore that wasn't directly relevant to the plot (most notably the anemos)

2. golden sun dark dawn was a mess that introduced all this extra bs lore that makes no sense and comes out of left field, with absolutely no reference to it in the previous games, even though it's supposed to only take place 30 years later.

3. the story in all the games basically is total generic garbage, which was acceptable in 2001-2003 but not so much in 2018

Like don't get me wrong GS is cool and a big part of my childhood but it really needs a spiritual successor more than a sequel.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Spiritual successor = Basically a remake that isn't a remake? (Much like what happens with Final Fantasy and Mario games?)

I completely agree with you.  Though, I'd be satisfied with a remake of GS1/GS2 that is far more detailed in plot/more complex puzzles/etc. than the originals as well. (If that makes  the developers jobs easier.)

--
As for GS4 being a thing, I have no idea? It could be possible, but maybe not for a long time? Hm....
I am not sure of the next closest thing, but I am pretty interested in seeing where Do7's sequel project goes. (Sequel to TBS/TLA.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Majora

It's easy to doubt a future release during downtime. With Nintendo, no series is really "forgotten", as they are very in tune with bringing IP in to match their current hardware, finding the right software to make good use of their unique products. Metroid was a dead series, until it wasn't; going from being infamously inactive to getting a new 3DS title and a Metroid Prime 4 for Switch announcement in the span of one year. It will come.

Well.... It's Camelot that develops Golden Sun... and Nintendo that publishes the game.
So it may depend mostly on what Camelot wants to do. (Though, I believe Nintendo can invest in Camelot to do it if they want to?)

I have an idea, though... If we would advertise Golden Sun to the public, we could get more people buying GS games, and then with the spike in GS sales that Nintendo sees, that might make them think it's time for another game?! :D Haha! Good idea? (In addition, buy fewer Mario Sports games just to make sure.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

ilikegoldensu

There is a video on Youtube about Goldensun 4 in Switch.
As a fan, I really hope there is 4. I have been waiting for it for a long time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camelot_Software_Planning = CSP has been too busy with sport games...
Tennis, Golf, Tennis, Golf, Tolf, Tenolf, um, did I just slip the tongue? I meant Tennis & Golf...
How am I to expect them to do GS4 right now? I don't think we'll be seeing one anytime soon.(Depending on what the video is about? Just rumors?) There's always a possibility, though.
But if that is the case, sweet! Especially if it were in year 2020. (10 years apart, and the year ends in 0.)

If they are so in love with sport games, then... fine... but let's get an RPG every 5 years, please. Is that fair enough? Hahah.!

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden