News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Add profile addition for Discord handle

Started by charon the ferryman, 31, March, 2018, 07:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charon the ferryman

Since most of us are on discord, I think it might be a good idea to have a new profile field for discord name, so we can tell who is who better.

It should be a single line text field that is displayed on a profile. I don't think it needs to be linked, it's just something that can be used to correlate a poster's identity to their discord identity. Might be a good idea to have it visible next to posts as well possibly.

If you need help setting it up, Kain, let me know and I should be able to walk you through it.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

I second this!

AIM: (AOL, that's like dialup of the past. Why do we want to be reminded?)
MSN: (Now Skype - Skype has adware, and a horrible interface.)
YIM: (Yahoo is famous for being hacked? But not that good either.)

Although, thinking about it more, I think we should change how this stuff works.
So like... one example:  A Discord slot, and then a single "Custom" slot for preferred contact? (Get rid of the four current ICQ/AIM/MSN/YIM labels. Assuming they're used even less commonly, and also not worth advertising.)

Maybe some smileys: (Brackets or colons.)
[DIS] or [DCD]
[ICQ]
[AIM]
[MSN]
[YIM]
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Atrius (He/Him)

Done

It would be nice if you could customize the social media accounts that show up on your profile, but they're kind of hard-coded in so it would take a lot of work.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

charon the ferryman

Thanks, Atrius!!

Edit: can't find it under the profile, is it hidden?

I see the place to insert the Discord name.
I do not see a Discord column here, though: http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?action=mlist

@roger = The website on your profile gives an Error in the title bar.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

charon the ferryman

Thanks, Fox

Yeah I'm aware it's down, I haven't been able to pay for the fees to keep it up. Unemployment sucks.

You are welcome!

Aw. Mind if I ask what the fees are?
Maybe we could get a few guys to pitch in and help.

Good news over here is that I am currently employed. (After being unemployed for so long.)
Still though... Chances are, it is more than I'm willing to afford. (e.g. I need to build bank. - Reach certain values, and never go under them sort of thing.)

If you check out (eg; https://www.google.com/search?ei=OHjBWpjxLs645gLq277wDQ&q=us+unemployment+rate+by+year&oq=employment+rate&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i71k1l8.0.0.0.8632.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.UqqSwb6gwO0 ), hopefully that raises at least *some* hope... unless you are choosing to be self-employed via your Colors Chromatics project? Hm?
The statistic I'd be much more interested in is what percentage of people actually enjoy their jobs? :D
Including the percentage of people in career-based jobs? (Ones that aren't dead-end and low-paying.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden