News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Minor Editor bug (with fix)

Started by Caledor, 05, August, 2018, 02:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caledor

As you all know, Atrius' Golden Sun Editor allows to change innate psynergies in TLA, like Move, Retreat and such.

What some people probably don't know is how it handles that: it completely rewrites the portion of the code that assigns innate psinergies with a new functions that loads them from somewhere else in the rom. This happens the very first time you hit the Save button on the editor, whether you changed innate psynergies or not.

The bug is in that function: while trying to link back to the original code it skips 1 instruction. This causes the text in the game to load at the slowest speed when you start a new game. It is fixed by changing the bytes at 080ADF26 from E011 to E010.

EDIT:
1) this (extremely minor) bug will be fixed for the next version of Reloaded
2) this function is also what breaks an italian rom. The BL's bytes found inside it are hardcoded but the function the BL targets is in another place in the italian rom. This makes the game freeze in a black screen at boot, before the nintendo screen. I can't believe i finally found the cause for that issue. I think it's been a nightmare for at least 7 years now (can't tell when i started modding anymore) on my italian rom.