News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun TLA Maniac Mode Patch

Started by Zach, 04, October, 2009, 06:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach

Due to me changing the psynergy formula for your basic psynergies (formula was needed since I didn't have any ideas on how to go about power and PP), I had to do an (soon to be complete) overhaul of this patch, so I'm going to postpone this update to sometime between Friday and Sunday (luckily I don't have practice this week and I have 5 extra hours of free time (-1 for homework and chores) ). If I released it today, you would have 5 revised classes (the only ones that could actually win in some battles early on), the remaining (edited) classes would be lob-sided, and you would've face mostly impossible battles (including the scripted battles (script #3 WAS impossible)

Zach

The patch has been updated (Version 1.1)

Changes
--------

~Jamie's version of the Tamer class has been implemented. All credit goes to him (however I did make a few some tweaks to adjust to the hack's difficulty)

~New psynergy formula (which is what delayed this process <.<)
~Harder enemies due to the adding of the psynergy formula
~Very few psynergies now have secondary effects
~Lot of class tweaks done (only ones needs to be done are Flame User, Mariner, and Tamer)
~More unused enemies added

If you have any problems let me know

Zach

The patch has been updated (Version 1.2)

Changes
--------
~All enemies (up to Briggs) have been revised (due to the addition of the psynergy formula forcing me to do so <.<). Because of that, the beginning up to Briggs is now playable and is no longer impossible

~The fight with Briggs will be a great challenge and some level grinding may be neccessary. It's also normal if you feel the urge to punch your computer screen or pull your hair out because of him :D. Also, I recommend this setup:
Felix (Defender) -> Fog, Sour
Jenna (Tamer) -> Cannon, Breath (set), Blitz (set)
Sheba (Magician) -> Echo (set), Iron

Summon Atalanta (might inflict Seal), use Iron, summon Ramses (might do damage multiplied by 1, 2, or 3), ~filler. Keep a healthy supply of Antidotes and Elixirs. Make sure you also have some Water of Life (it can be done without it, but it's nice to have "insurance")

Briggs and henchmen poses a challenge because they can AND will lower your Attack & Defense, halve your agility, inflict sleep & poison, and may cause double-triple damage with certain moves O_O. Enjoy ^-^

~More unused/GS1 enemies have been added
~Classes received another boost

That's about all I can remember atm. If I remember anything else I will post it. Enjoy ^-^

EDIT: It seems like I'm out of ideas for classes. Classes that I need to change are all Tri-Elemental class series, Hermit class series, and all item required class series (excluding the Tamer class series). It would be nice if anyone would like to contribute some ideas. Please and thank you :D

i_am_isaac

Your patch caught my interest maybe I should try it. :Isaac:
Tsk... college life is nice...

Zach

yes you should, but word of warning: after the fight with Briggs the difficulty shifts. This is due to the fact that I'm re-balancing the patch (had to take a little difficulty off due to TOO many complaints about the difficulty <.<). Make sure you follow the tips on the front page.

Zach

With the release of Editor Version 0.3, there's a strong possibility that I'll start a new hack altogether. However, I'm still tempted to continue working on this patch (and lessen the difficulty :D) and probably make some changes. I'm only doing it if you guys want me to

Salanewt

I would like to see you work more on it, if you feel like it. However, I would only focus on the hack that you want to do the most. Oh, and now that the new class separating patch is available, there are even more possibilities (provided that you are ready to duplicate almost all of the other classes).

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

Quote from: Salanewt on 01, November, 2010, 08:45:18 PM
I would like to see you work more on it, if you feel like it. However, I would only focus on the hack that you want to do the most. Oh, and now that the new class separating patch is available, there are even more possibilities (provided that you are ready to duplicate almost all of the other classes).

Have a nice day.
That's the thing, IDK where to go with this. Luckily for me, I wrote down just about ALL the changes I made, BUT I don't really have any ideas on how to go about this <.<. I probably will continue this (especially since I can't think of anything for a brand New hack besides making a story around Karst and Agatio + Alex, but even still I would screw that story up <.< lol)

Salanewt

Ah, I see. Of course, how many other games do you like? You might be able to make a hack with some of those characters if you really wanted a new hack. Of course, a difficulty hack would be nice to start with, and then you can use that for balancing your hack.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

Quote from: Salanewt on 01, November, 2010, 09:06:05 PM
Ah, I see. Of course, how many other games do you like? You might be able to make a hack with some of those characters if you really wanted a new hack. Of course, a difficulty hack would be nice to start with, and then you can use that for balancing your hack.

Have a nice day.
Alot :D But, I don't know the 1st thing when it comes to sprites :/

Salanewt

Depending on the type of sprites needed (and how many), I could make a few if you want. Of course, I tend to take my time with sprites, so it depends on how quickly you need them.

Have a nice day.

Zach

Cool and thanks. I probably won't need any at the moment and thanks again :D

Salanewt

You are welcome. Also, you can give me a holler if you need any other help.

Have a nice day.

Zach

Zach

Update: After thinking about this for awhile, I've decided to resume work on this, BUT I'm going to have to edit from the beginning of the game since I have to edit all of the opponent's Defense stat

EDIT: Next update will come.......either at the King Scorpion or afterwards when you fight Briggs (probably at Briggs). IDK when this'll happen, but it will

Griever

I think you posted the wrong patch >< nothing changed when i applied it ... Ruffians at the beginning of the game didn't have 2 turns and can be beaten with 1 fume spell.

Rockisftw

O_o merely looked at the notes for like 5 minutes [skimming] and I saw how much work went into this. Going to be amazing to play, if I can ever get VBA to play it right. For some reason even after patching it still only plays the normal TLA :um: :um: :um:
If one is to gain something, they must take it from someone else.
Such is the end effect of the Law of Equivilent Exchange. In the end, each breath you take is one you are taking from another person.
So, how does that make you feel when someone dies of deprivation?

If white people are white due to living in a climate with moderate sun and snow, and black people are black due to the large amounts of melanin in their skin caused by living under the taxing sun, why are asians [slanty eyed and yellow]?
Veryy intresting once I looked this up, it came up with "due to harsh conditions involving strong sunlight, strong winds [therefore, dust being kicked up]. It makes sense if you think about it, but thats the reason? Haha, trolololol.

Griever

Yah that happens to me too ... i think he uploaded the wrong patch ><

Zach

Darn, I'll try again: GSTLA Maniac Mode Patch Version 1.2

EDIT: The problem has been fixed and the patch will work now :)

Zach

Class Fix: Patch re-uploaded to add the Growth series to Sheba's Diviner and Shaman class so that you may get some Djinn that were previously unavailable due to the later addition of Growth. GSTLA Maniac Mode Patch Version 1.21