News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun TLA Maniac Mode Patch

Started by Zach, 04, October, 2009, 06:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Handschuh

Is it possible to reupload the Hack? I'm unable to find any working Downloadlinks anymore :sad:

Misery

It isn't in the downloads section...
The hack maker doesn't seem to be very active here, but try sending him a PM about it.

Zach

Quote from: Handschuh on 30, May, 2012, 06:18:21 PM
Is it possible to reupload the Hack? I'm unable to find any working Downloadlinks anymore :sad:

I'll have it back up soon

Quote from: Misery on 30, May, 2012, 07:13:03 PM
It isn't in the downloads section...
The hack maker doesn't seem to be very active here, but try sending him a PM about it.

That's because I never submitted it to the downloads section. I want it to be complete or halfway complete when I do. Sorry about my inactivity, hacking and forums become very boring after awhile smh  :Sweat:

Handschuh

Reuploading would be very nice, indeed.

I have a Question, I just finished GS1 and (to be perfectly honest I didnt think you would go online soon), so I just wrote my Goldpassword in a normal GS2 Rom (since Emulator didn't want to link my data) with a Savestat which includes "Clear Data"...

So, can I use this Savestat? -> I'm currently at the Screen where I'm choosing the difficulty (Hard/Easy/Normal) -> with your hack I should choose Normal, right?

So, well, thanks for uploading  =)

edit:
It'd be also nice if you give more precise information about the class changes :)

(I was quite fond of  at least two Healers... Had Isaac Dragoon (One Djinn used made him learn revive and singleheal instead of teamheal), Ivan White Mage(Teamheal), Garet Samurai and Mia Ranger :) )

Zach

Quote from: Handschuh on 06, June, 2012, 06:32:20 PM
Reuploading would be very nice, indeed.

I have a Question, I just finished GS1 and (to be perfectly honest I didnt think you would go online soon), so I just wrote my Goldpassword in a normal GS2 Rom (since Emulator didn't want to link my data) with a Savestat which includes "Clear Data"...

So, can I use this Savestat? -> I'm currently at the Screen where I'm choosing the difficulty (Hard/Easy/Normal) -> with your hack I should choose Normal, right?

So, well, thanks for uploading  =)

edit:
It'd be also nice if you give more precise information about the class changes :)

(I was quite fond of  at least two Healers... Had Isaac Dragoon (One Djinn used made him learn revive and singleheal instead of teamheal), Ivan White Mage(Teamheal), Garet Samurai and Mia Ranger :) )

All of the changes made are listed in the notepads that come with the download

Zach

UPDATE: Maniac Mode Patch 1.2

CHANGES
~The party is back to their original base classes
~Several classes have new names (including all base classes)
~New psnergyies

NOTE: Due to my decision to revert back to the old base classes, the difficulty in the beginning of the game has been lowered due to the fact that they all have psynergy with a range of 3 or greater, however; JENNA IS STILL REQUIRED TO USE OIL DROPS TO CONTINUE THROUGH THE 1ST 4 BATTLES. Enjoy ppls

Handschuh

Seems to work great...
In battles I have sometimes the glitch that the "Red Pointer" which is usually spinning before the Text in the black area under the Battlescreen is jumped upwards -> left of my 3 comrades Stats on top of the screen and I cant read the following text since it wont be shown :(... just klicking through

However, if the battle drags on after a few messages it fixes itself

Zach

Quote from: Handschuh on 11, June, 2012, 04:04:32 AM
Seems to work great...
In battles I have sometimes the glitch that the "Red Pointer" which is usually spinning before the Text in the black area under the Battlescreen is jumped upwards -> left of my 3 comrades Stats on top of the screen and I cant read the following text since it wont be shown :(... just klicking through

However, if the battle drags on after a few messages it fixes itself
Weird, I didn't encounter that glitch o_O

Zach

Aile~♥

Don't use the same animation on more than one Psynergy, dude! Also, I know a way to make the Searing Fire series a distance attack, since it doesn't appear to actually be an EPA. You overwrote Unleashes with that series, didn't you? Well, don't. Instead, overwrite blank spell slots.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Zach

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 15, June, 2012, 10:38:58 AM
Don't use the same animation on more than one Psynergy, dude!

I'm aware. I was disappointed when I saw that there were only 1 animation for Fire V2 series, Mind series, and Strike series but since I liked them so much, I thought it wouldn't really matter if they were the same.

Also, I know a way to make the Searing Fire series a distance attack, since it doesn't appear to actually be an EPA.

How?

You overwrote Unleashes with that series, didn't you? Well, don't. Instead, overwrite blank spell slots.

Actually, I didn't; I looked up the desired unleash, got the animation number for it, and put it in the blank spell slots between venus and mercury and between I think Mars and Jupiter

Aile~♥

Odd. Normally when I do that, for most moves it results in it being a distance attack. I know for certain that it works with Crucible Fire, Cyclone Slash, Bad Omen, Sarcophagus, the Glower Staff unleash (whose name I forget), Terra Strike, and probably a number of others.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Misery

You can actually change what type of attack every psynergy should be - close range, long range, and more - although it requires using a hex editor. Every psynergy in the game is assigned a single byte that determines what type of attack it is. More info in this topic. Results may vary with different animations, so it might be a good idea to experiment.

Of course, Jamie's way of overwriting an existing psynergy that uses the type you want saves some time. Most unused slots probably use 00, which is standard ranged psynergy, but it could vary depending on where they are in the list.

Zach

Bad news, my laptop (which had my hack up there) got the dreaded blue screen of death so now I have to send it in so it can be restored to factory default settings. So I'm pretty much losing my hack (again smh). If anyone has downloaded the most recent patch, could they please reupload the zip folder and patch and send it to me? Thanks in advance

Rolina

...You do know you can do that from home, right?

Salanewt

Sorry Zach, but I can't find it on my computer right now. There could be a small chance that I have deleted it to clear up some computer space.

Role: Perhaps, but that would only work if his other computers have any copies. I took a look at the latest url that he posted, and it would seem that the download isn't there anymore.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

I don't think I have it either, and I kind of doubt that I downloaded it in the first place? (Not sure... but if I ever did (for an older version), I probably lost it... As we have had computer problems in the past as well where we had to restore everything.) I actually wanted to wait for Map Editing before I test too many patches. Anyway, good luck on finding someone who may have a patch for you.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)