News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun Battle Engine

Started by Infitek, 23, October, 2018, 07:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infitek

Hey guys,

I am currently working on recreating the Golden Sun Battle engine in C++/SFML here is how it looks for now : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZrWpCrNWII

Update : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlu4kosL5EQ&fbclid=IwAR0CMvpzc0_fTeAQ8T-YejG6m_hXXyyzZ-GNkBlJu6d9Q8LXZ4OYxffF9DI

What do you think about it ?
Do you have some suggestions for improvement ?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Good job. It's nice to see people working on Golden Sun projects!

As long as it's been, my mindset is that OpenGS, a never released project that I'm not a dev for, has been discontinued. (It probably hasn't been, but might as well have this mindset.... since it makes more sense than otherwise. So people should probably start doing more projects to replace it completely... as I am not expecting OpenGS to ever be a thing anymore. Hah! Even if it does, that'd be a nice surprise worth having!)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Infitek

42 view and only one reply.
Wow thank you GS community, such a pleasure to put hard work in that Golden Sun project.

I really need motivation to make this, so if you want to see what a C++ golden sun engine would look like please tell me so.

Btw thank you Fox :)

Luna_blade

Apologies! I watched the video earlier and forgot to write here how good it looks!
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Infitek

Thanks Luna_Blade ! 
But the quality is kinda crappy, in game the render is pixel perfect, I'll probablly post another better footage next week  :happy:

Atrius (He/Him)

Yeah, I've found that doubling the resolution of the video before uploading it to YouTube helps with the quality a LOT.

This looks very impressive, if it weren't for the difference of how some of the text is displayed I wouldn't be able to tell the difference from the actual game.  SFML, huh... I'd never heard of that before, I'll have to look into it.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Infitek

Thanks Atrius !
Yeah SFML is a library (like SDL) to help coding videogames and graphical stuff
I did an update, you can now move on the map and fight bosses with the mystics crew

Update : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlu4kosL5EQ&fbclid=IwAR0CMvpzc0_fTeAQ8T-YejG6m_hXXyyzZ-GNkBlJu6d9Q8LXZ4OYxffF9DI

ilikegoldensu

Quote from: Infitek on 10, November, 2018, 02:10:13 PM
Thanks Atrius !
Yeah SFML is a library (like SDL) to help coding videogames and graphical stuff
I did an update, you can now move on the map and fight bosses with the mystics crew

That is a very good recreating ! It looks awesome. I do not know how describe it, sorry, but if there is a actually remake like this, I will definitely willing to play it!
Thanks for bring this amazing stuff here!