Golden Sun Hacking Community
January 19, 2018, 11:03:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Self RPG  (Read 2694 times)
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« on: October 14, 2009, 08:15:00 PM »

I suppose I could start the first RPG in here...

Okay, you basically play as yourself, but you can use a sprite of a character to represent you if you wish. You can use psynergy, but they have to be utilities/healing/non battle. You can have battle only psynergies as well, but you have to explain how these could be used outside of battle.

You can only control your own character and youir djinn. You are allowed to introduce "NPC" characters, but this means that everyone can control them, so... Don't choose someone from a video game who is, for example, a serial killer, but they decided to help you on your quest... I can see what might happen with you and the serial killer.

Salanewt: Jupiter + Mercury.

Okay... I have:

Djinni:
:Azure
:Pebble

This RPG takes place in Weyard, about one year after Mars Lighthouse was lit. The world of Weyard, due to the last lighthouse being lit, is still recovering. However, there are still some individuals who are against them being lit (or are against things that happened to help them be lit).

As more people start playing, the story itself will be more apparent.

I hope you all like this.

Have a nice day.

Sorry for the doubt post, but I do not want to put my first story post with the introduction post.

Edit: I forgot about one or two things... You can have your starting location ANYWHERE in WEYARD. You can use sprites from other game series to represent yourself, but you have to be yourself from Weyard, please remember this.

Also, you can have up to 10 Djinn of any types. They do not influence your psynergy in any way, nor can they use any. However, you can have them if you wish for NPCs that nobody else can control.

Edit 2: Okay then, I have modified the rules a bit. There is now no limit to how many Utilities you can have, but nobody can use Teleport!

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »

Once again, sorry for the double post, but I would not mind starting the story in a separate post from the minor rules (just to help start the train of exciting, random events).

In the furthest corners of the North, there is a traveler journeying in the Frozen Desert to the east of the mountains near Prox.

Salanewt: It seems to be getting colder. Azure! Pebble! Do you know where we are?

: I think we are getting close...

Salanewt: You think so?

: Yes, I think she is right. We are getting close to the Magnetic Enhancement.

Salanewt: Excellent! With the Magnetic Enhancement, we will be able to use the power of Magnet to scale the ruined cliffs to the south of Tundaria. It is there that we shall find...

Suddenly, Salanewt and co. hear a strange crackling noise nearby...

Salanewt: I think we are getting close to the Magnetic Enhancement.

I would say so. It looks like some of our money is leaving your pocket.

Salanewt: Oh yes, you are correct.

After a few minutes of walking, Salanewt reaches the tiny Shrine of Polarity.

Salanewt: Very good. I now have in my grasp the Magnetic Enhancement. With it and Magnet, we will be able to help keep everlasting peace... However, we will have to wait a long time for this to happen. Now, what do I do... Lets see...

From Salanewt's hand emenates a soft glow, and then a ring of static.

Have you enchanted Magnet now?

Salanewt: Yes, I think I have. However, by enchanting my Magnet with this, everyone with Magnet will have the same upgrade. However, for the cave south of Tundaria to be found, we must travel back into the past. We do not know how to do this, and when Alchemy was released, the last person who knew died. Anyway, lets get back to Prox and do some research.

Good idea!

Can we eat when we get there?

Salanewt: Of course you can.

Have a nice day.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 05:17:43 AM »

You made a topic and it did not get the attention it deserved... so I shall be Player #2.

Weyard: In a court near Vault.

Mentor: Welcome. It is your first trial here in Weyard, is it not?

Charley: Yes.

Mentor: Okay, this is a murder trial, are you sure you can handle this.

Charley: I feel confident, I am defending my friend who killed a cow.

Mentor: He killed a cow? I think you are thinking of the wrong murder. A person died here, and he is being charged of murdering this person.

Charley: Oh, well.. how inconvenient, I really don't think he killed anyone. Especially not him. Can you give me the details?

Bailiff: It is time.

Charley: (Aw man. How am I going to defend him without knowing the details of the murder. Oh well... let's see what happens.)

--- Inside Courtroom ---

Judge: We are on trial for the defendant Andrew Cook.

Judge: Is the defense ready?

Charley: Yes, your honor.

Judge: Is the pros... Where is the prosecution?

Charley: ... ?

Judge: If the prosecution doesn't come, the defense has already won.

Susan: Sorry I'm late. *cough* The prosecution is ready, your honor.. *cough*

Judge: Okay... Will you start with your statement?

Susan: Yes, *cough*cough* The victim was found laying on the ground by a dead cow. *cough* He had a stab wound on the chest. *cough* He died by loss of blood. *cough* Here's the autopsy. *cough*  ... I'm not feeling so well your honor...

Charley: (What? A dead cow? That sounds familiar.)

(I'm making this up as I go along.. so I might have to think on this one.)

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile
Alnylthyria
The Incomprehensible Aeons

Novice Member

Coins: 0

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 08:48:35 AM »

--Ankhol Ruins--

[The ruins are quiet and peaceful. It seems for all purposes an ordinary day. Nothing is ordinary. In a shadowy corner of the ruins, lightning crackles in a spiral as a young, male human with blue hair and golden eyes materializes, wearing naught but a crimson toga.]

Alnylthyria: Where am I!? One moment I'm rending the fabric of reality and the next I end up in some dinky little human body! What gives!? Aagh! *accidentally triggers Force, knocking over a pillar* Huh, I still have some power. Not much, but it will have to do.

???: Aah! *narrowly avoids being crushed by a pillar* Another Adept here?

Alnylthyria: What? Who said that?

???: Me! *a Mars Djinni pops out from behind the crushed pillar*

Alnylthyria: What are you?

???: What kind of Adept doesn't know about Djinn?

Alnylthyria: Adept? Djinn? Please explain.

???: How can you not know what Adepts are!? Please tell me you realize you just used Psynergy.

Alnylthyria: ...

???: You're HOPELESS!

Alnylthyria: Why don't you just explain to me where and what I am?

???: I guess I can do that.

[One standard Djinni tutorial speech later...]

Alnylthyria: And your name is?

???: Prominence!

Alnylthyria: And you say that Adepts increase their power by traveling with you guys?

Prominence: Yep!

Alnylthyria: And you guys enjoy traveling with Adepts?

Prominence: Definitely! *hops on Alnylthyria's shoulder* Now you can use Mars Psynergy!

Alnylthyria: Alright, what do I do?

Prominence: Focus. Reach into your inner flames and pull them out, let them shine upon this darkened cave!

Alnylthyria: *performs Volcano, lifting the patch of sand he stands on*

Prominence: Watch out! You're about to hit the roof!

Alnylthyria: Aah! *breaks through the roof with Force as he and Prominence are forcefully expelled from the ruins, crashing just outside Champa*

Prominence: We're in luck! A town! With any hope they won't be overcome with xenophobia and want to kill you!

Alnylthyria: Ahaha- Wait, were you serious?

Prominence: No comment.
View Profile

oh come on thats awesome

Novice Member

Coins: 0

I am: typing in a box

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 05:01:25 AM »

Huzzah my first RPG so dont be surprised if this sucks
Character will go by Layle(not my user name if that ok)
OUTSIDE AMENOS SANCTUM
Teacher(NPC) "good you have now mastered hover my pupil"
Layle "really!?"
Teacher "And now I have a surprise for you"*jupiter djinni pops out of teacher*
Layle "No Way!! A djinni but teacher i cant possibly accept it"
Teacher nods"you've earned it"
Layle "whats your name"
Djinni "cloud"
Layle "nice to meet you"
Cloud "Likewise"
That night While Layle slept he kept hearing a voice telling him to go in the sanctum
and in the night a pendant around his neck that had been a family heirloom startes to glow
The next day Layle and Cloud would venture to jupiter lighthouse to guard it from those who would blackout the beacon but things would not go so smoothly...

Isaac WHY!!!!!!...
                               Felix ...ummmm because
View Profile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
January 17, 2018, 04:07:51 PM
KyleRunner: :D
January 16, 2018, 08:44:56 PM
Fox: I must say... life can be complicated..... when you have question(s) (via email) ... and it seems like they sort of get ignored. :D ; Fun, (And sometimes, a person may respond, and completely not answer the question.... so like... 3-person conversation.) Hahahaha!!
January 15, 2018, 07:26:16 PM
Fox: (path) 1 text=(address) char=(address) free=(address) ; << Well, closer to this... but yeah... even if I do choose to have defaults in the code, I could still use this method for overrides.
January 15, 2018, 07:24:28 PM
Fox: So like (path) 0 text=(address) char=(address) len=(number) ; (path) 1 free=(address) ; Or something. But that's just a quick example.
January 15, 2018, 06:59:14 PM
Fox: Hopefully. I was wanting to make it so you could put in the addresses/etc. as one of the arguments in the path. Hm?
January 15, 2018, 03:37:07 PM
KyleRunner: Nice! I hope you'll add compatibility with others games (GS1, Mario Golf and Tennis) soon.
January 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Fox: Okay. Posted (in Downloads section) an initial cutdown version for now, for my text compressor. Basically to separate the code from my Editor for anyone who wants to mess with it. It only supports GS2, because I still didn't add the addresses/etc. for the other games.
January 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
Fox: Okay! Going to need to think how I want it to work. Initial thoughts is maybe have a number of arguments in the filepath thing. And have a number of shortcuts (files) to be used as examples. Assuming there are no problems.
January 14, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
KyleRunner: Well... I'm used to editing text ina a text editor, so... yes! Thanks in advance!
January 13, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Fox: (Text editor = Text Document like notepad.)
January 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Fox: Would you prefer during the text editing in a text editor? (Like what gstoolkit lets you do?) I could probably make a separate tool or something to compress it.
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
KyleRunner: Ok. Once I finish my Lost Age translation, I'll try a Mario Golf one. Thanks. (But I'll need help).
January 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Fox: If you want to make it "permanent" (part of a hack), then you'd edit code in the ROM that writes to this location of the IDs you'd want to change. (You can find these locations by using a breakpoint debugger like SDL-H or no$gba.)
January 13, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Fox: Reload/switch = Recommended to be done through Debug mode/warp menu, ofcourse... since doors seem to appear as if they were disabled? ; 03001238:01 and B+Start to get to warp menu.
January 13, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Fox: @Kyle Runner = It might be, but you'd have to use the correct addresses for Mario Golf, rather than for GS2 as I have it right now. ; @raijinken = Yes. 02000454 = ID of leader. (Change this and reload/switch room you are in, enjoy.)
January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
raijinken: Hey guys, is it possible to somehow change the lead character on the map? Was wondering. I remember there was a cheat to use Jenna, but what if I wanted Isaac, or Piers?
January 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, Fox *
January 13, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, is your text editor compatible with Mario Golf (GBA)?
January 11, 2018, 08:33:13 PM
Fox: But if it isn't an oversight, I still can't imagine it being that useful.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
Fox: part, ofcourse.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise