News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Element Levels and Classes

Started by thenightsshadow, 16, October, 2009, 06:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenightsshadow

Okay, another error report.

I gave Felix slot #195 and gave him 4 Venus, 2 Mars, and 1 Jupiter for levels.  I gave him a class with 4 Venus, 2 Mars, and 1 Jupiter, with 1 at the top and 3340/0 at the bottom.  Keep in mind all non-base classes were 13/13/13/13 at the time.

It worked.  But as soon as I added Swordsman (E) (Slot #40) to be 4/1/1/2 from 13/13/13/13, Felix's class stopped working.  Changing his number to 3 (Mercury Djinni trigger) and 0/0 didn't do anything either.

I wonder what this is all about.
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Atrius (He/Him)

The way classes are selected is a little odd sometimes, I haven't fully explored it yet.  This issue probably has more to do with the game's mechanics than the Editor.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Also, this isn't an error report.  It has nothing to do with the editor, but rather with the game's code.  This is something that we need to explore so we can fully understand.  When I asked you to write the report over IM, I didn't mean as if it were an error, silly.

I also expected you to explain it a bit more.  Since you won't, I will...

I confirmed this by changing the base elements to Isaac and Felix, and changing the classes accordingly.  Just one teeensy tiny issue... it broke the game.

Despite the fact that they qualified for Squire (Isaac) and ? (Felix), they showed up as NPCs.  I changed various values, such as the character value up top, one of the values at the bottom, and still, nothing.

However, something odd... I could make Isaac become a Dark Mage, something that only Wind/Water adepts could become.  I could also make him a Paladin.  But not a Ninja.  FELIX, on the other hand...

It seems as though when I added 1 Jupiter to Isaac, and 1 Mercury to Felix, all hell broke loose.  This would imply that it's NOT just element level that determines class... there's some other values in there that we just don't understand yet.  After changing the Squire requirements back so that they no longer required a single level of Jupiter, Felix qualified as Squire, yet for some reason, Isaac didn't.

I'll be fiddling with this some more later, to see if I can come to understand how it works.  However, I figure that someone who understands more than just basic programming will actually understand WHY it works that way...