News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Bloodlines - Legacy of the Lost Dragoon

Started by MaxiPower, 08, March, 2019, 03:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxiPower

So a long time ago I was making that Golden Sun fan fiction "Golden Sun Chronicles".  At one point I had art commissioned and then became inspired to write my own story.

it took many paths, first I began writing, then I tried RPG maker, but i returned to writing and am proud that I have something to actually show off in regards to a physical book, only 110 pages or so, first 8 chapters of a 23 total so it has some to go but i have the story nailed down now.

Character on right is work in progress, detail on hands and sword need finished.

First Draft

Andris 169 by

facebook project page if anyone is interested. https://www.facebook.com/LegacyOfTheLostDragoon

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Ew. Photobucket... and that nasty watermark. (Heheh. )   (Clearly, I don't trust them. Would rather choose something more like imgur... but that's just me.)

Anyway, this looks like a neat project you are working on.  Glad to see that Golden Sun is still getting some love! :)   (I assume that this is still Golden Sun based?)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

MaxiPower

nah its strictly a novel now. tried my hands at rpg maker few years ago and got about 30 mins of gameplay bit it waa too much work for one person.

30 minutes of gameplay? Could have released a demo. (Even if project would be discontinued.)

I don't know much about the story/etc. so couldn't say if I could be a second person. (Maybe not(?), but you never know.)

And keeping it to a novel is fine. - Not sure if you'll be posting the story for us to read, though? (Unless I missed it.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

MaxiPower

https://youtu.be/KP4mKQ5GMyI

this is oudated but close enough to were i gave up. it was slightly more polished and lasted an extra scene.

ill write up a synopsis later or ya could could chevk out the fb page sbove. itd 3.20 am just fading atm lol

https://www.facebook.com/LegacyOfTheLostDragoon/

Luna_blade

Well wow.  :heart:
This is all pretty amazing stuff.
Your art looks very good and I am a bit curious whats inside the book.

I wonder though, what is your big plan? You want to publish a game with these ideas?
I don't know your position but this seems advanced enough to go to a studio with.
Otherwise I would have at least gone with this to a more active social hub.

As long as you stay independent I could help with some things as long as they take little time. I became pretty alright in starting projects and organizing stuff. I am not much of a help with RPGMaker as I never got around learning much of it.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Well, a game is what he wanted to do, but he discontinued that... and said it was strictly a novel. (As in what was said a couple posts up.)

But I wouldn't be surprised if after the book is finished and after we've all settled down for a bit, that it could eventually be attempted by a small group.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 10:52:54 AM by Fox »

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

MaxiPower

Quote from: Luna_blade on 10, March, 2019, 07:08:17 AM
Well wow.  :heart:
This is all pretty amazing stuff.
Your art looks very good and I am a bit curious whats inside the book.

I wonder though, what is your big plan? You want to publish a game with these ideas?
I don't know your position but this seems advanced enough to go to a studio with.
Otherwise I would have at least gone with this to a more active social hub.

As long as you stay independent I could help with some things as long as they take little time. I became pretty alright in starting projects and organizing stuff. I am not much of a help with RPGMaker as I never got around learning much of it.

Yea It is strictly a novel tho might have supplementary book with all the character art as there will be about a dozen or so drawings hopefully by the end and then including sketches and other concept art. Id have more character artwork but they are rather expensive. They are great for advertising as they are eye catchy and if anything else they will make great posters. forgive me, i can never get that imjur to work. when embedding. Do you have any suggestions were to share the project to garner attendtion. I was on reddit. This is were it all began tho. <3

Quote from: Fox on 10, March, 2019, 10:36:56 AM
Well, a game is what he wanted to do, but he discontinued that... and said it was strictly a novel. (As in what was said a couple posts up.)

But I wouldn't be surprised if after the book is finished and after we've all settled down for a bit, that it could eventually be attempted by a small group.

Id love to make a game, tho if i had to decide now what it would be then severe changes would have to be made as what makes a game good and what makes say a book or film good are different things tho but yea when this project is done, id love to do other things like maybe a board game.

Salanewt

Oh hey, you're alive! Cool to hear about the book; I like the character designs!
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

MaxiPower

Garcia finished, Darius reuploaded to make more crimson.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler] [spoiler]
[/spoiler]

You can't embed with imgur?

Let me test. (Random image.)

[spoiler][/spoiler]

^ Testing your image now. ... but on imgur. (With photobucket watermark.)

Looks fine for me?

Hmmm.....

Not sure if it is to do with your comp or location/etc. It is strange, though...

--

As for places to advertise...
Other than Facebook, Youtube, Reddit, GSHC

.... I don't know.  Maybe put up an eBook on amazon. (Not sure how that's done.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

MaxiPower

Ah got it now, I was clicking embed and trying to use the url it generate but there was another button for forums.

Warning, really big images, even bigger than before. I didnt make bigger but for some reason they look even bigger. though this is the true resoloution of the images, photobucket must reduce quality

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Cool. That's good to hear.
Now you know why I like imgur. They don't mess with your stuff much./You get what you put in. + A small url.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

MaxiPower

First look at Galiron Galati, General of the Knight's of Cilbaen, and retainers to the King in the West. Needs some work. getting bigger sword and final detail added.

Went back with photobucket as imjur was too big lol.

MaxiPower

Original post updated with a bunch more characters

MaxiPower

Updated with another character Andris Galati.

Next character gonna be named after the Weyard Continent... Indra, and down the line her brother will be drawn up Angara.