News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

GS: TLA Maheo's Path

Started by Foreclosure, 31, May, 2019, 01:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foreclosure

Ok, guys, so I figured out how to finish my patch and I can finally present the official Beta Version!

Changelog:

Felix is now Maheo, a Mayan Indian with moapa's sprites. Revamped stats and classes.

-Isaac's party fully transformed into all proxian antagonists (Saturos = Isaac, Garet  Agatio, Ivan = Karst and Mia = Menardi)
I did a full revamp of the classes and stats. They are all Mars adepts all functional and stuff.

-Piers's sprites changed into Alex's sprites. He will still be Piers storywise, but he now looks like Alex, in battle and in overworld sprites, and I changed his classes and stats to match a mage like Alex.

-Changed Alex's sprites into another person, a woman. She will be still alex storywise though.

- Changed Sheba into Elko, another indian with full sprite sheet and custom classes! He uses Moapa's Knight overworld sprites and some custom battle poses I made myself. Text to match Elko's scripts aren't yet implemented so he will be refered to as a 'she' for now.

-Changed much of the text.

To do things:

-Change ending text.
-Draw some animation frames that are still missing for some characters.
-fix minor bugs.
-Edit text to match new character Elko
- Saturos and Menardi classes are a little glitched. There are some elemental classes they should have access to, but they don't. Will check it out.

It is playable however. Enjoy!

Special thanks to Caledor for I used his rom as base, and for everyone here who helped me finish my patch.

Edit: Fixed many bugs. Patch fully playable up to Mars Lighthouse last dialog. I still have to edit text again since I ditched Doyle for Elko. Will do this until January 2020.

Salanewt

Hey there, welcome!

Going to comment on the text editing thing first: It's very finicky, and it often glitches for basically no reason at all. Getting beyond that stage is often a matter of trial and error.

As for the stats thing, have you tried giving Isaac the same stats that Garet and Jenna have in vanilla? Venus 3 will probably cause issues because of the way these games do classes.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Foreclosure

Thanks for replying, Salanewt. I feel welcome indeed. :)

I have tried editing the stats like you said, but I still get the NPC glitch class, but maybe I wasn't clear enought about my doubts, so I'm going to explain again my issues:

What I want is to change Isaac into Saturos, and so change elemental level from Venus 5 to Mars 5. Then, I went to Squire class series and put the requirements for Mars instead of Venus (5 Mars for Squire, 7 for Knight, etc)

When I test, and put all Saturos djinn on standby, it switches back to NPC class instead of Squire class. Why is this happening?
I tried editing different stats (Mars 54, Venus 1 or Mars 51, Venus 3, etc) and all combinations get the same result.

Salanewt

Have you tried swapping the Mercury and Jupiter stats?

Without going into too much detail (because I'm not sure how to explain), the game uses these values to determine how characters get classes.

And it's great that you feel welcome! :)
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

QuoteThen, I went to Squire class series and put the requirements for Mars instead of Venus (5 Mars for Squire, 7 for Knight, etc)
Did you also update the class type? (Mars isn't the same class type as Venus)

Class type is mostly just elemental priority... (Though, can include item classes that don't check for elemental priority.)
1=Venus
2=Mars
3-5=Venus&Mars but with secondary element
6-10 similar as above but with Jupiter/Mercury & secondary element.

QuoteWithout going into too much detail (because I'm not sure how to explain), the game uses these values to determine how characters get classes.
When multiple elements have the same level, yes... but in this case, with three elements being a level 0, and one not... and we're only working with the base class-line (single element)... it's not really relevant right now. (To have a secondary element, its level must be above 0.  (If you have an element at "9" (0.9) (not "90"/(9.0)) in the party editor, but no Djinn of the same element, that is still level 0.)
He didn't say anything about class type, and to me, that makes the most sense right now for what the problem may be (If he deleted/changed the original Mars classline, which I suspect is the case?), but he'd need to show us what he has for it.

I may try this myself soon.   Not right now, though.  I'm feeling pretty confident, but I know it's always best to double check.   (I have studied the entire function for what assigns your class a long time ago... so I'm not expecting any problems.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Foreclosure

Edit: Thanks to the info Fox posted above plus some empyrical research, I could figure this out.
The first digit in class type corresponds to the adept in question, meaning 2 is Isaac, 3 is Garet and so on.

So the deal is this: Squire Class is type 20 because Isaac is adept 2 and 0 is pure venus class.
So, when I put type 22 to the classes, then it worked like a charm, because Isaac is 2 and Mars is 2.
If u want to put mia base class, say, to Mars, then change it to type 5 (digita correspondent to Mia) and 2 (Mars) and so on.

Idk if you guys could understand it. I will make a little more research and then maybe I will edit this. Thanks Fox!

Now I can finally finish my patch!

Rikku

Does psynergy in this mod scale with mp or is like the normal game ?

And is there any new psyenergy or equipment ?

Congratulations on this mod

Foreclosure

Quote from: Rikku on 12, December, 2019, 03:48:16 PM
Does psynergy in this mod scale with mp or is like the normal game ?

And is there any new psyenergy or equipment ?

Congratulations on this mod

Hello there! Thanks for playing my patch. Yes, Psynergy damage will escalate with PP, not like the normal game.
Yes, there are new equipments since Maheo uses Lances/Spears and Elko use Hatchets/Axes. I updated my patch just so you know.
I ditched Doyle the Beastman's idea for a better idea. Check it out :)

Hayashida

Issue (?) report, Since Aaron doesnt have cool/frost skill lines, he cant use frost, which makes the games stuck when trying to acquire Lemurian's ship.

Or do i need to use/do certain thing to get frost?.

Loving the hack btw :happy:
*Now Playing.....*

Foreclosure

Quote from: Hayashida on 03, September, 2020, 07:55:07 AM
Issue (?) report, Since Aaron doesnt have cool/frost skill lines, he cant use frost, which makes the games stuck when trying to acquire Lemurian's ship.

Or do i need to use/do certain thing to get frost?.

Loving the hack btw :happy:

Hey there... I abandoned this mod like two or three years ago.. I will be honest, I can't remember if this is a glitch, I probably just forgot to add Frost to him. I don't even know if this mod is playable all the way.. if you want, after I'm done with college in november. I can come back to this mod and maybe actually finish it. Until then, I suggest you fix it yourself by addind Frost to Alex's psynergy skillset with the Atrius's Editor.

Thanks for playing this mod and sorry that I couldn't help more.

P.S. I remember main reason for abandoning this patch is because I couldn't make Doyle's sprites work and I'm not a good designer. I tried myb est still couldn't edit a good spritesheet :(

Hayashida

Ah, i see, i'm gonna add frost by myself then. Don't worry about it.

Good luck with your college.  :happy:
*Now Playing.....*