News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Alex Sprites

Started by Foreclosure, 10, June, 2019, 09:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foreclosure

Based on the rear sprites from Alex that I got from a guy in this website, but can't really remember his name... anyways...
I drew the front sprites and I want to share with you guys my work. I hope I'm at least on the right track :/

MaxiPower

Awsome, would love to see him in game. Great work dude.

MaxiPower

I can honestly say that is the coolest thing to come out of these forums in many many years. balance changes and other edits are cool but seeing actual sprites and whatnot implemented is awesome. been a long time since Atrius had Kraden sprites in.

Hope you stick at it man. Love to see what other things you do.

Foreclosure

Thank you kindly, sir.
Whenever I draw new stuff I'm going to post here for help, advice and to let you guys work with it if you want to.
Later!

Edit: So I wanted to use Zylo from shining force as my character. He is a beastman and looks awesome.
I have drawn the standing rear poses. I did not really draw it I just got ripped sprite from TheSpritersResource and started tweaking to try and fit the
Golden Sun battle sprites. I tested it and it seems good up to now. These things take a lot of time, fortunatelly I have got some time to spend on this.

Anyhow, whenever I do anything I will post it here.

Foreclosure

More beastmen drawings: Casting frames

Foreclosure

Attacking frames:

Foreclosure

Alex Casting all frames:

Foreclosure

Would anyone be willing to help me fix these sprites? They are somewhat lacking in details.
Plus, any chance people will be coming up with icons/portraits editor? I have tried to edit icons and portraits through Caledor's tutorial but to no avail, it is just too difficult for me to understand :/
I want to make weapons like Claws, Lances and Scythes, and change some portraits so we can have like lizardmen or harpies as party members :D

blank

Use this sprites if you want.
Didn't find the way to put them to the game

Regards

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Foreclosure: December 2019, I made an update to the icon editor. It's much easier to edit icons now since you got the icon sheets already there, and now the program can insert them into ROM for you as well. Let me know how it goes.
It does not feature portrait editing yet, but hopefully eventually... Portraits are stored in one of the MFT files.  Forgot if they were compressed or not, but shouldn't cause too much difficulty. Main thing is that I'm a bit lazy and may want to do other things first? :shrug:

blank: Those portraits are nice, maybe I'll use them when I test portrait editing. :thinking:
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Foreclosure

Those are some really nice portraits, thanks.
Thanks for the hint, too, Fox. Will check it out right away.
By the way, are you taling about GS magic?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)