News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Little help please!

Started by Foreclosure, 10, July, 2019, 06:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foreclosure

Hello!
I want to start a project, and I need to learn how to do two things (and know if this is possible at all):

1- Can I make NPCs join the party temporarily? Say, let's suppose I want the warrior, Gallahad (you guys remember him? We meet him at Mikasala in TLA) join the party until, idk, the party reaches Alhafra. I suppose this is possible since Atrius made Kraden join Jenna in an old video. If so, could  you guys help me and point me in the right direction?

2 - how can I edit maps?

Thanks!

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

1.)  Sure. With ASM editing.
I'm assuming you'd mean he'd appear in battle?
There are a few complications.  Such as whether you need more than 8 PC slots or not. (As in, stats and stuff take up ram space, you know.)

Complex enough that I probably won't be making any patches on it at this time (SInce I'm basically lazy, and haven't thought of any potentially easy, interesting, and useful solutions out.)... unless it is something rather simple you had in mind.

:idea: I suppose you could make the NPC slots be put where enemies are put. I don't imagine that would be a problem, but anything like stats/etc. won't get saved. - And you'll have to recalculate all his stats from scratch just like enemies. (Either make it so you can't level him, or set his level value somewhere special like story flags.)

2.) gsmagic can edit TLA maps, but it is still a WIP editor. = I end up posting my versions in Discord, and forget to put them here. xP Hah.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

MaxiPower

Would love to see your map edits fox if you wouldn't mind posting them.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Map edits? As in full playable maps?  Nothing to show right now. As the only map edits I've done with my editor were just for testing purposes so far.
I just mentioned that gsmagic featured a WIP map editor, and that I don't keep an updated version of it on GSHC. - Well, I do have a Drive folder for it now days, so..... Tempted to link it in my signature later on. xD Like what I did with my docs.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Foreclosure

Edit: Yet another question.. would it be possible to make the player control only Isaac in TBS and only Felix in TLA (in battle only ofc), and make the other party members act as AI programmed characters?

Like in Persona 3, where you can control the protagonist and the other characters act on their own.

I would like to make a hack like this, for difficulty purposes and also so I could feel like I was not playing alone, if you know what I mean.

Thanks!