News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Small Status Update

Started by Salanewt, 28, September, 2019, 10:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Hey everyone!

Long story short, Kain gave me GM privileges but I was able to escalate my own privileges for some reason and then he allowed me to grant myself admin powers for a bit to do things.

So I did things.

Board Changes:
- I deleted Calendar Events (I had actually renamed it from "Calandar Events" a few days or so ago);
- I moved all of the posts from Debates and Voting Polls to Open Discussion, and then deleted those two boards;
- I did the same for RP Talk into Forum Games;
- Tech, Gaming, and Entertainment is now a child board to Open Discussion;
- The category "The Editor" is now "Golden Sun Resources," where you can find a new channel just for gsmagic and related discussion (the other two boards were renamed, but currently fulfill their original purpose);
 - Fox/Teawater is presently a moderator of that board, as he made the program and is the one working on it. As a friendly reminder on his behalf, it is open source.
- In "General Hacking," I deleted Storyboard Ideas, made Assets & Discussion, and moved Sound Studio, The Canvas, and Coding there;
- I locked permissions for the Clan Stuff boards and archived them as a child board under Forum Games for those who still want to read them over.

Misc. Forum Changes:
- The Downloads page is slightly better organized, now featuring a category for Dark Dawn stuff and having non-patch files being moved to their respective sections. I will be keeping a close eye on it to move stuff that is misplaced when needed, but I have no intention of "punishing" anyone who gets it wrong so don't fret it so much;
- I also increased the "item per page" totals for the following:
  - Downloads, from 20 per page to 40;
  - Topics (in boards), from 20 per page to 25;
  - Posts (in topics), from 15 to 20.

So if it feels like there are fewer pages than normal in certain topics or areas of the forum, this is why.

What I'd like to do, but either need more time, willpower, or knowledge of how to do the thing:
- Remove the dud badges from the shop (Tinypic thumbnails that are huge). I couldn't find shop settings anywhere;
- Make certain themes a little narrower, as they can be a pain in the butt to read when you have a wide screen like I do (I'd make duplicates and keep the originals around though);
- Better distinguish the Misc. GS Hacking and Project List boards. The way I see it, only one of these needs to have personal projects while the former could be better used for informational posts, guides, and other things like that. I'd have to spend some time scanning the board and moving stuff over though, and I'm not sure I am up to it at the time of me making this post.

This isn't a feedback post, but if you'd like to give feedback and suggestions then you can use the Feedback board as always, PM either myself or Kain, or hit us up on the Discord because I am most likely to see messages and requests on there.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?