News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Name Changing...

Started by Salanewt, 18, March, 2020, 08:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

You should be able to do it yourselves now. Check your profile settings; I have admin privileges and am on mobile so I don't feel like verifying where it is myself.

I also tweaked the standard time/date format. It is now DD/MM/YYYY, given that our userbase is more international these days and the MM/DD/YYYY isn't super prevalent in most of the world. Most people who are used to the latter should pick up on it pretty quickly at least.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Cool. Is this name changing without limits? (No time stamp or saving old names?) (Asking to make sure and since there is nothing suggesting any limitation.)

MM/DD/YYYY is the one I've grown up with, but because I'm in the U.S. (Is that the only country that does it? No idea.) ... So others feel a bit.... weird. However, they do make more sense.
YYYY/MM/DD ... or maybe YYYY-MM-DD [TIME].... might make the most sense given how number system works (as well as sorting?), but is probably not common. (But the format might be less confusing to remind people not to confuse MM/DD/YYYY and DD/MM/YYYY with each other.)

I just checked.... the dates are not displaying properly.
Quoteon % D, February, 2020, 09:07:33 PM
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

marvin

Yup. Name changing seems to work.

Ditto to YYYY-MM-DD [TIME].

Yeah, and the time could be in military format? :shrug:

Someone needs to fix post editing. (The quick edit method, not the Modify link.) Maybe it only happens on editing new posts, I dunno. So it might not matter.
Basically it gives you a small height, and you have to scroll down to get to the Save button... but this problem doesn't always happen.. such as when you've already edited your post/etc.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Atrius (He/Him)

Everyone can set their own date/time preference under their look and layout options in their profile.

Also is someone here's name intentionally "Searchbot" right now?  I'm about 99% sure registered members can't accidentally get labeled as searchbots, but I was messing with the code related to them recently so I just want to make sure.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

"Everyone" = Is that true for guests as well? So main thing is to figure out how Guests should see it.
And you are correct about that being a user setting. A fairly nice setting to have, although I'd probably just stick to whatever is forum default most of the time. :shrug:

@Searchbot name = Probably? I'd guess he's Marvin...?  And many of us are on Discord talking about the forum.
I can't change my name to Searchbot since someone is using it.
I can't change my name to Guest, since it is a reserved name.
:thinking:
I thought about using a misspelling of a name. But.... I'll go with Daddy Poi for now. :D An old GS reference.
(And my avatar basically gives me away.)

I see you changing your name to Salanewt. = It won't let me do that. Maybe it would with a hidden character?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

marvin

Yes, I temporarily changed my name to Searchbot.

Salanewt

Hey, so; just a reminder, please don't impersonate anyone. I know that Teawater was doing it to highlight that possibility, but I don't want there to be problems in the future and will be fine with reverting this change if any arise.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

That is true.
Probably something that should be resolved at some point either way.
Even without name changes, one could likely create new account(s) with impersonating names.
Since most people haven't been abusing it that way, I figure it wouldn't be a huge problem.
However, name changing could make it an open invitation. / Harder to monitor.
I will take a guess most people won't actually abuse it for such.
And if it is abused for such, it should only be limited to April Fools, the day where it would make the most sense.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Salanewt

Lol, well we'll wait and see what comes of it. Worst case scenario, we'll simply remove it again; however, I trust that people won't abuse it.

Edit: Added a small disclaimer to the rules page to not impersonate staff (in bad faith). We'll play it by ear if people want to pretend to be each other, since anyone abusing that to cause harm will be caught by the Respect rule anyway.