News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Disable music during battle?

Started by snacks, 14, January, 2021, 05:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snacks

Hello! I'm new here!

I was wondering if there is a way I can disable the music during battle. I'm trying to edit a video of a battle and I'd like to place my own music over it, but keep the sound effects from the game. Is there any way I can go about figuring this out, or does anyone have a solution already? I'm new to the whole hacking thing, so any help is appreciated!

Thank you in advance! :D

Dyrati

Welcome!!!

Also, you're in luck!  The game's battle music is stored at an address in memory, as a 2-byte value.  To disable the battle music, you can lock the value at address 0x0200042E to 17 (0x0011 in hex).  You can also choose other battle themes by picking other values.  (note: that doesn't work mid battle, it works when you enter a battle.)

Different emulators will have different ways of doing that.

• VBA: Cheats > View Cheat List > CodeBreaker.  In the Code section type in: 8200042E 0011
  • mGBA: Tools > Cheats. In the box on the right type in: 8200042E 0011.  Click Add CodeBreaker
  • BizHawk: Tools > Cheats.  Fill in the fields as follows:
        Address: 0200042E, Value: 0011, Domain: System Bus, Size: 2 Byte, Display as: Hex

The 8 at the start of 8200042E just means "write 2 bytes at this address".  For GS2, use address 0200044E.

snacks

Interesting! I'll try it out in a bit!

snacks

Quote from: Dyrati on 17, January, 2021, 01:51:17 PM
Welcome!!!

Also, you're in luck!  The game's battle music is stored at an address in memory, as a 2-byte value.  To disable the battle music, you can lock the value at address 0x0200042E to 17 (0x0011 in hex).  You can also choose other battle themes by picking other values.  (note: that doesn't work mid battle, it works when you enter a battle.)

Different emulators will have different ways of doing that.

• VBA: Cheats > View Cheat List > CodeBreaker.  In the Code section type in: 8200042E 0011
  • mGBA: Tools > Cheats. In the box on the right type in: 8200042E 0011.  Click Add CodeBreaker
  • BizHawk: Tools > Cheats.  Fill in the fields as follows:
        Address: 0200042E, Value: 0011, Domain: System Bus, Size: 2 Byte, Display as: Hex

The 8 at the start of 8200042E just means "write 2 bytes at this address".  For GS2, use address 0200044E.

So I just tried out your solution and it worked perfectly!!! I was successfully able to do it on VBA and Bizhawk! I don't have mGBA but I'm curious to try it just to see your solution in action! Thank you so much!!! :D I was also able to play different songs and sounds from the game which lead to some interesting and funny battles.

Thank you again! :happy: