News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

problems with gstoolkit

Started by cotton rat, 13, February, 2021, 03:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cotton rat

hello! i think i need some help. sorry please if this question sounds stupid or if i wrote something wrong c:"

i tried to use gstoolkit for my gs:tla translation and i find a problem with it. some text windows disappear in patched rom(for example - jenna starts dialogue at venus lighthouse with phrase sounds like "are you sure we should be leaving like this?" but in patched rom she starts with her next phrase). this thing also shifts next phrases, like if this "first-second" was a real first phrase. it happens with patched but unredacted rom too. and i also don't know what i can do here.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

is that the one where one of the lines start with a #? (Where # would be read as a comment character when it shouldn't be.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

MaxiPower

gstoolkit only work for GS1. I shamelessly used that application more than anyone else back in the day i'd hazard to guess.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Pretty much... and then Atrius made the one for GS2, and likely didn't test it.
If there are still problems after fixing the issue with the comment character (#), let me know. (If it still doesn't work, I will also want to ask what localization you are using? e.g. (U) version?)

Line 5060 in Atrius editor (appears blank)
The same line (#13C4) in gstoolkit appears as: #{00}

Quote from: Bold should not start with comment character.#13C3 Lucky Medals{00}
Lucky Medals{00}
#13C4 #{00}
#{00}
#13C5 {1A}{01}: Toss{00}
{1A}{01}: Toss{00}
#13C6 {1A}{02}: Quit{00}
{1A}{02}: Quit{00}
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)