News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Finally here

Started by JackitK, 05, January, 2022, 05:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackitK

Hello,
I've been a lurker on the forums for awhile now (been using a lot of the forms resources like the TLA Editor and the Golden Sun Randomizer generator on a couple projects I've been working on) and been hanging out in the Discord for a few months, thanks to Salanewt, I finally got a working account on here.

The Golden Sun series has had been a part of my life for a vast majority of it, it was a childhood Christmas present back around it's release, and it has drastically shaped my creativity and life ever since. Back around October last year I got the inspiration to look into Golden Sun modding.  I've had inspirations to make an RPG like Golden Sun for basically all my life but struggled actually getting anywhere with it. Minus the times I've explored said ideas and characters in my drawing.  I got to the point where learning how to mod Golden Sun felt like it could at least be a step towards that direction I'd be willing to take.

Biggest project I'm currently working on is a mod of the original (Broken Seal) Golden Sun.  Some people may know it as "Another Sunrise", though I've been bouncing between names for it, currently leaning towards "Alt Sunrise".  It started as a customized "hard mode", where I was going to buff stats the way Lost Age did and remixing the bosses move pool to make it more interesting.  Though the more I worked on it, the more I ended up adding and modifying with it and now it's an entirely remixed version of Golden Sun. Featuring new Djinni, Psynergy, items and more.  I'll be making a topic in the proper forum shortly to properly showcase what I have so far with the mod. Also using that as a place to share it once I'm ready to.  I did make a trailer showcasing a bit of it but I've already gotten and implemented several additional features since releasing that trailer.  So I'm hoping to make an updated video showcasing more about it eventually.  For now, while I get that ready though, I guess there's no harm sharing said trailer here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksfMLlVdIcc
(It's been awhile since I've last been on a forum, so if there's a way to turn a link into a video player, I'll have to figure that out later.)

EmptySet

Welcome from another long-time lurker who has only very recently joined, lol.

These forums can be a bit of a ghost town these days, which I guess is understandable between how old Golden Sun is and the advent of Discord and other such things.  Also, as you may be aware, downloads aren't working on the site right now, so unless that gets fixed you'll have to host your hacks somewhere else and link to them.

Another Sunrise/Alt Sunrise (Personally I slightly prefer Another Sunrise as a name) looks interesting and pretty unique from what I've seen - I'll definitely give it a play once its done.  Despite a decent amount of interest in Golden Sun hacking over the years and the pretty substantial hacking utilities there haven't been many completed romhacks of considerable scale other than Reloaded and I suppose the randomizers if you count those, so its cool to see projects like yours.

JackitK

Quote from: EmptySet on 10, January, 2022, 02:45:35 PM
Welcome from another long-time lurker who has only very recently joined, lol.

These forums can be a bit of a ghost town these days, which I guess is understandable between how old Golden Sun is and the advent of Discord and other such things.  Also, as you may be aware, downloads aren't working on the site right now, so unless that gets fixed you'll have to host your hacks somewhere else and link to them.

Another Sunrise/Alt Sunrise (Personally I slightly prefer Another Sunrise as a name) looks interesting and pretty unique from what I've seen - I'll definitely give it a play once its done.  Despite a decent amount of interest in Golden Sun hacking over the years and the pretty substantial hacking utilities there haven't been many completed romhacks of considerable scale other than Reloaded and I suppose the randomizers if you count those, so its cool to see projects like yours.
Cool to hear.  Main reason I was leaning away from "Another Sunrise" as a name was because I wanted to sound more like a remix rather than a remake.  But as I keep adding more original elements to it, it gives me ideas of other names to call it. But I feel like I already made things more complex than they need to by jumping from Another to Alt so I'm going to try from refraining from calling it one of those until things get more finalized.