News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun 1 Challenge Pack

Started by JackitK, 25, September, 2023, 09:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackitK

Welcome to the Golden Sun Challenge Run Kit. Need a little spice for your next run of Golden Sun? Then this challenge pack is for you. Initially made for the Golden Sun modding Game Jam, this challenge pack contains a variety of patches that vary from making certain challenge runs easier to set up, to modifications for custom rulesets. You can set up runs where you can't use summons, where you're forced to use only a single element, and more. If you're craving something extra spicy, you can check out my custom-made challenge patch with stronger enemies, customized bosses, and other surprises.

This is an ongoing project that will likely continue to get updates to new challenge runs when I want to take a break from my main projects, so while I have no plan of when they'll be released, I expect to make new versions with additional challenge types going forward.  Below are the currently existing challenge types:
  • Fire Only
  • Water Only
  • No Summons
  • Death Charm mode: For setting up challenge runs with only 1-3 party members

Certain patches can be mixed and match to create custom challenges as well. Such combining Fire only with the Death Charm patch, or doing a No Summon Run with TLA hard mode stats. Even have a no Summon patch of the Dawn of Djinn demo included for people who want more of that ROM Hack and somehow found the base mod too easy.

See the release page to learn more and try it out for yourself.
https://github.com/JackitK/GS-Challenge-Pack/releases

Best part is this challenge pack has constant room for expansion, so you may see more challenge types (and maybe even a couple in TLA) in the far-off future.

javi3

solo queria agradecer todo el esfuerzo que haceis por esta gran saga, mucha gente de mi entorno usa vuestras modificaciones y estan encantadas gracias