News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun TBS/TLA "Anniversary mods"

Started by JackitK, 25, August, 2023, 10:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackitK

These Anniversary mods are side projects that basically take the Quality of Life features from Dawn of Djinn and implement them in a mod closer to the original games. Allowing you to experience features like early game fast-travel while still experiencing the classic enemies and abilities from the original games.

The Broken Seal (Golden Sun 1)
 :Isaac:  :Garet:  :Ivan:  :Mia:

This mod comes of one of two patches. One that plays the prologue like normal and one that skips the Djinn tutorial and everything up to right before leaving Vale. ('GSTBS_QoL_Prolouge' and 'GSTBS_QoL_NoProlouge' respectively)

As for features included in both patches, this follows the way Retreat and Avoid works in the Golden Sun Randomizer; allowing you to use Retreat for fast-travel and Avoid not being tied to level, as well as being able to be toggled on and off at free will.  Other quality of life features include having zero PP versions of all utility skills available regardless of class and being able to sell and rebuy Psynergy items.

You can access either of these patches through this link:
https://github.com/JackitK/GoldenSun-QOL/releases/tag/v1.0.2

The Lost Age (Golden Sun 2)
 :Felix:  :Jenna:  :Sheba:  :Piers:
Also I realized I never made a post on the forums for the "Golden Sun: TLA 20th Anniversary Edition" mod back when I released it, so this feels like the perfect time to share that as well.

This mod does not have toggle Avoid or fast travel Retreat. To make up for this, you are given Teleport and Avoid by default at the start of the game. Also includes as many other Utility Psynergy as possible without sequence breaking the game and fun new items replace the chest that would normally give you access to these Psynergy. See the included Read-me for full details.
(Technically Teleport early does open up access to optional dungeons earlier than you're supposed to have access to them, but considering how brutal those fights would be, it's not the end of the world.)

Beyond that, all the features are very similar to the adjustments made in the Broken Seal version. You can sell and rebuy any of your Psynergy items; Utility Psynergy outside of Retreat and Avoid cost 0 PP to use; You have access to certain Utility Psynergy regardless of class; etc.

Plus there is a "Leader Music" version of the patch that allows you to pick your battle theme based on which character leads the party, thanks to fellow members in the community.

Download link to patches available on Github:
https://github.com/JackitK/Golden-Sun-Lost-Age-20th-Anniversary/releases/tag/1.2

Here's a video trailer of the Lost Age Anniversary Release as well...

Disclaimer:
These Quality-of-Life versions for GS1 should be fully compatible with the Lost Age Anniversary edition, along with passwords created by the vanilla version of Golden Sun as well.  Passwords created with Dawn of Djinn are not compatible with Dawn of Djinn

JackitK

The Golden Sun QOL Trailer has really been popping off on Youtube. So, I've been working on a few updates to both that and the Lost Age Anniversary mod. Possibly with even more major update in the future.

The most recent version of Golden Sun QOL includes:
- Optional QOL patches to add.
- A hotfix that prevents selling items that are used in The Lost Age.
- Fixed the Avoid toggle so that it'll actually say "Avoid now off" instead of garbage text.

The most recent version of Lost Age Anniversary includes:
- Update to include Sun Charm for people who may transfer save data from Golden Sun QOL.
- A new "summonless" version to use.  This patch plays like the original anniversary edition, but all summons are removed. Using them results in you doing nothing besides gaining an elemental boost. Only recommended for people looking for a challenge.
- Fix Isaac's party to include certain field Psynergy as advertised (at least in a non-transfer file)
- Fixed grammar that I missed in the initial release.