News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

What would our avatars be in a GS game?

Started by Rolina, 20, October, 2009, 03:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Well, given that we're all working on a community hack, it only makes sense that, if nothing else than for the lulz, we come up with our GS Avatars - that is to say, sprite representations of ourselves.  Here's what I've got so far:

Atrius - The link sprite.
Salanewt - An overworld version of the Dinox sprite.  No, you're NOT getting Yoshi (no other-game cameos not already present!), but the Dinox sprite is close, so...
Charon - A cloaked hooded figure with the dimly lit silhouette of a girl's face inside for the face portrait.
Me - The Disgaea Mage, in GS sprite form.

I'll come up with others when I can think of them, but at the moment, they're the only ones that really stand out.  Because of Salanewt's love for Yoshi, I just had give him the closest sprite possible.  How fitting for our mascot!  For Atrius, he's always had that TWF Link sprite, so I figured we'd let him use the unused elf/Link sprite in GS for his avatar, easy.  Perhaps we could have an ongoing joke that he's able to "Speak Silent Protagonist", having a emote conversation with the silent lead (if we do one, and if we put ourselves in), for the lulz.  Charon I figured we'd base off of GS's Charon, though, since she's a ferryWOMAN, her face sprite, if you look close enough, should clearly be female.  I figure I'm good with the disgaea mage.  I've been using it for my avatar in who knows how many forums for a while now...

I guess I should mention, though, that it's not gonna be an exact GS representation of the Disgaea mage... but it will look similar.  Basically, as if I were cosplaying as the mage - after all, I have to enforce the no-other-game-cameos rule even on myself...

What does everyone else choose for their GS sprite-self?

Salanewt

Um... I appreciate the thought of making me the closest thing to Yoshi without making me so, but I don't like the Dinox sprite as much... Anyway, what if we were to change what I look like to a person wearing a dark grey cloak with a red scarf? This is based on a sprite that I found in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga's hidden data. Please?I do not want to look like an enemy, even though I do appreciate the thought.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Aww, come on!  You'd make an awesome mascot-type character!  I even came up with a witty line so as to not let the PCs be scared of you!

Drick

Something with a black fidora :P
Best hat ever.

Imagine, someday we might be able to just make our own to import into the rom.

Also, I'm sure it would be fun for all of us to make an appearance in a community hack :P

Maybe we could even add someone as a boss lol

Salanewt

Well, okay Role. I can be a Dinox sprite, but could you please have a slight palette change? Perhaps something with blue.

By the way, thanks for the mascot.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Ehic

As close as possible to a duck. I think I saw a chicken in the game so that would work.

Rolina

I figured as a programmers joke we'd have a small "Village of the Programmers", where all the programmers live, and where I do unspeakable acts of violence against anyone who DARES break the fourth wall out loud. <3

Atrius (He/Him)

That is a hilarious idea, Role, the village would need to be well hidden though.

Quote from: DrickImagine, someday we might be able to just make our own to import into the rom.

Oh, but I already can, and I intend to support the project.

I'm all for me being the Link sprite, but... My avatar is a TWF Link sprite?  Mind me asking what the TWF stands for?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Two Weapon Fighting.  It's a DnD Feat.

Quote from: By the way, thanks for the mascot.

No problem.  You ARE the most Pet-like person here, after all...
The only other option would be ducky-boy, but you fit the part better.

Salanewt

Thanks.

Wait, I'm like a pet? I suppose that could be true, looking at it from a certain angle.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Of course you are.  A Yoshi-like pet, inside, and some random chicken dood outside...  My trigger happy self inside with Atrius, Charon, and POSSIBLY Drick, if he contributes.

However, if you don't contribute to the game itself, you won't show up in the programmer's joke! <3

Salanewt

Oh no, don't worry. I am definitely planning on helping out. I would like to work with at least half of the enemies in the game, if not all (but I do not know who will be working with them, or if anyone has been chosen).

Besides, I think a few undead monsters NEED some form or variant of Cloak.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Cloak will NOT BE USABLE IN BATTLE.  EVER.  I will NOT change my position on this.  If we make cloak a battle psy that works like Haze (or whatever djinn was the hide-y one), then it'll get really broken, really fast.

Salanewt

That is true. However, what if we were to make a new psynergy that was enemy only, and give it to like three or four types of enemies? I know that I can not change your mind on Cloak, but if we could have one that enemies can use and not players, then surely it would not make the game broken, right?

There will be enemy only psynergies, right?

Have a nice day.

Rolina

NO.  I'm guessing you mean stuff like the will heads... If anything, give them an enemy non-standard ability that gives them a constant 50% chance to negate 50% of damage.  You know, being ghost like and all.

Charon

Well, Cloak would be pointless in battle most of the time considering that you're often fighting in broad daylight or well lit areas... AND IT ONLY WORKS IN SHADOWS

Probably it could prevent you from receiving damage, but on the same coin, you can't move, because if you did, your "cloak" would disappear as you would need to move out of the shadows.

Salanewt

Makes sense, but I was actually taking about enemies like Ghost (and MAYBE Amaze, although I would probably not do that). Anyway, I was not talking about making it so they could use it every turn (like Doom Dragon does with Cruel Ruin), but I suppose if we have come to a consensus that it is not a good idea, then...

Just out of curiosity, what do you have against Cloak for enemy only use?

Have a nice day.

Edit: By the way, it would not be in broad daylight.

Rolina

I have something against that "hide away" thing, period.

Ehic

We could make a usable item with the cloak effect and give it to a boss to prevent summon rushing. Not droppable though. Since it's an item the boss would have limited use of it.

Salanewt

Okay then. Anyway, we are kind of getting out of topic here.

So, who else still needs to post an idea for what their cameo sprite would look like?

Have a nice day.