News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

What would our avatars be in a GS game?

Started by Rolina, 20, October, 2009, 03:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

I still say no.  Anywho, GET BACK ON TOPIC, PEOPLE!

I MEAN IT.

Salanewt

Very good. It looks like if we form a team to get these off of topic-ers back in line, then everything will be fine.

So... Comparing the location of "Developer's Settlement" to the current map of Weyard, where might it be?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

That's something we'll find out later.  I know that I wanna try something, but I'm not sure if we can pull it off.  Basically, breaking the fourth wall with be somewhat of a joke.  But who does it depends on who you TALK TO first...

For example, talk to one guy, and he may go:  "Oh, geez, they're here!  Okay, everyone, remember not to break the fourth wall!"

Everyone but Role: *sweatdrop*
Role: *TWITCH*

Guy: Oh shi--
Role (at same time): Time to die! <3

*Role takes guy, drags him upstairs, a scream occurs, she shows up, does the <3 emote, and returns to her original position.*

HOWEVER - should you talk to someone else, say, Atrius, then that guy would say something different:

Main & Atrius:  *have an emote conversation - mind reading atrius after this reveal that he's fluent in Silent Protagonist*
If you talk to that guy from earlier, he'll say something else, like:  "Wait, what just happened?  Did they just have a conversation without even talking?"

Basically, there's a different script for each person, which one triggers depends on who you talk to first in that building.

HOWEVER... by mind reading them before talking to them (and thus triggering a script), they'll have a little conversation asking you about the game.

For example, mind reading Atrius before talking to anyone will get you:

"So, how do you like the game so far?  I'm the one who programmed the tools that made it, so I hope the end result was satisfactory"

Or something like that.

Atrius (He/Him)

There's a section specifically for flags that reset each time you enter an area if that's what you want.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Salanewt

Er... Shouldn't we think of more ideas as to who everyone else should be (for their avatars)?

Have a nice day.
:MercuryDjinni: :MercurySet:

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Hey what about me,maybe some sort of red-haired ninja.Or is he a samurai or some katana wielding punk dude.
And btw I know it's Crono from Chrono Trigger.

suzumebachi

Quote from: Role on 20, October, 2009, 07:22:00 PM
I figured as a programmers joke we'd have a small "Village of the Programmers", where all the programmers live, and where I do unspeakable acts of violence against anyone who DARES break the fourth wall out loud. <3

That would be like that Pokemon place where you see a bunch of random programming staff... most of them just say something like, "I'm the programmer!" or "I made your sprite" or something....XD

I would look like a random purple-haired Jupiter Adept. *nod*

Salanewt

Both of those would make sense, for your avatars. Actually, it would make sense for it to be like the Pokemon Creator's hotel, except that out Golden Sun avatars will hopefully have a larger vocabulary (look better, and be in an actual town, not just one building, where everyone shares the same room), right?

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Quote from: suzumebachi on 07, November, 2009, 10:28:16 PM
Quote from: Role on 20, October, 2009, 07:22:00 PM
I figured as a programmers joke we'd have a small "Village of the Programmers", where all the programmers live, and where I do unspeakable acts of violence against anyone who DARES break the fourth wall out loud. <3

That would be like that Pokemon place where you see a bunch of random programming staff... most of them just say something like, "I'm the programmer!" or "I made your sprite" or something....XD

I would look like a random purple-haired Jupiter Adept. *nod*
It's exactly like that, actually, just one major difference - they won't actually say it.  You've gotta mind read them to find out.  Talking to them will trigger a different scene, depending on who you talked to, and will change what they say and think.  It'll reset each time you leave, though.

Salanewt

Hm... We should make it so some of the programmers do not say it, but others do (I mean, not all of them should think about the hack, or else it will be like they have the same minds).

Also... A basic letter-map idea of the town in which we live in!

_______________|w|___________________|w|_______________
|                 |                     |           |             |                  |
|                  \                    |           |             |                  |
|                   |                    \ d /\    /             /                   |
|                   /                           |_|

To be continued...

Currently, 'w' means "Whirlwind Bush".

Have a nice day.

Edit: might be better to drawn out ideas for this place in paint programs (and the reason why I am putting this post here is because it relates to Programtopia).

Rolina

Well, remember that conversation suggestion?  The one where they slip up and break the fourth wall, and I do unspeakable things to them in the back room?  That should imply that they're under threat to at least pretend to be in character when talked too.  The joke is that something always happens to make everyone break character, unless you mind read them before talking to them, after which they reveal who they are and what role they had in making the game.

Salanewt

I remember this, yes, but I had forgotten one or two of the details. When I make one or two PhotoSuite drawing that give my ideas for Programtopia, I will definitely label when the character will go to be beated up for talking about that they should not. However, I think we should make the village a tiny bit of a maze (not much of one though). By doing this, you can see another joke appearance of some characters in other areas? For example, lets say that when you first come to Programtopia (lacking a better name right now), you only have Douse and Frost. You can use Douse on pits, and Frost on them to make tall steppingstones to hop onto the roof of another building. You can enter the attic to see another character appearance, but you can only enter and leave through the same door. Later on, lets say that you get Whirlwind or Gale. You can use it on the Whirlwind Bushes to get into a locked house through the back door (basically, make more funny cutscenes available that also reset with the main one (when you leave and enter the town)).

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Progra...whut?  I'll stick with just plain old Hidden Village.  And no, it's not a maze.  It's straighforward and simple, a house with some cattle or something outside.  Heck, look at pokemon, they just had a simple generic hotel.  they've ALWAYS just had a simple generic hotel, nothing fancy or mazelike.

All the programmer avatars would be around a big table, as if they were celebrating or having a party or something (after all, we'd just finished making the game, once we get to that point).  But there won't be anything special about the place.  Put more effort into OTHER areas, places that matter or that have something with sidequesting in mind, but not for this.  Simple is best.

Matrim

I agree with you Role. Though i have yet to figure out who/what i'd be.....

Rolina

Remember, we're not going to just put in every forum member.  We will be putting in those who contribute to the actual game, and are perfectly fine with having only their screen name, and NOT their real name, listed in the credits.  After all, we don't want to bring fame to ourselves, since we're using Camelot's product as a base.  Leave the real names to them, we'll be happy with just our screen names.

Salanewt

I know that it is a hidden village, I was just giving it a name for referencing it in the future. Also, after having spent some time thinking about it, I also agree that it should be simple now (but it should be more than just entering the town for a funny cutscene (like, maybe 3 houses, plus... Er... A puddle that you can fill, but it can not help you with anything?)).

Have a nice day.

Rolina

How about The Hidden Village (of the programmers)?  It'd be an unnamed village, known only as 'the hidden village' in game.  I figure that THV would be a perfectly fine cutscene.

Also, you won't be seeing any scenes upon coming to town.  But, upon talking to the various programmer avatars (TALKING TO, not mind reading), a different scene will happen, depending on which one you talk to.  Examples include the "Atrius speaks Silent Protagonist", "XYZ breaks the fourth wall", and this one...

:Felix: - "talks" to Salanewt
:Felix: -  :!: :Sweat:
Role - Ah, don't worry about him, he won't bite.  ISN'T THAT RIGHT?!
Salanewt -  :Sweat:

Mind reading Salanewt afterwards - Jeez, Role, at least give me a chance to speak...
Role - No, I'd rather not.
Salanewt - Wait, what?  How did you know what I was thinking?!
Role - I AM a Jupiter Adept after all.

Role -  :happy:
Salanewt -  :sad:

Talking to other people will reveal that they think I was a little too harsh on you.  Mind Reading me will reveal that I throughly enjoy teasing you, and don't care if the others think I'm too harsh.

Charon

Honestly, I think that if we were to have a little hidden village with us in it, we should use ingame sprites for ourselves.