News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Need custom Sprites and Avatars

Started by MaxiPower, 13, December, 2009, 08:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxiPower

Hey folks, yay i was browsing the Creative Works Gallery and well im impressded at the talent in the areas of sprites, now im in a prediciment in that my Golden Sun Chronicles project. The thing is i need sprites + avatars for characters in my story and im at the stage were i cannot progress the story.

This is a dire situation

I can make pathways, and anything scenic. Hell, I have even made my own city

But i cant sprite for the life of me, so im turing to you for help

Can anyone help me? even if its contribute a single character

heres an example of one Atrius has made

If you dont know what my project is and are intrested then theres the first of 16 episodes thats made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMQ0X35zw0Y

Salanewt

Oh wow, that map looks nice. It is a bit barren, but it will look really good once more detail is added. Anyway, I can probably help with sprites soon, since I just remembered that I was going to make some Prism Mages for Role, as well as some Dinox sprites. I tried it at first, but it is really hard to make multiple character sprites of the same character in multiple directions (I tried making custom diagonal sprites for Yoshi (not Golden Sun), and it is hard for pretty much any game style). However, I will need to give it a shot sooner or later (maybe either tomorrow or Tuesday).

I hope you don't mind if I copy the map, since it will make it easier to design the types of characters that you woul dexpect to live here. Also, just so I do not go for anything random, what type did you have in mind (Lycan, Native, Shaman, etc?)?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

MaxiPower

Thankyou dude, erm the style of the story and graphics wise is just Golden Sun, that city (storywise) is below Weyard thats why its like a mountain and gritty thingy.

hmm could you try your hand at making one similar to the one Atrius has made (like same clothing however a tad older and . If Atrius gives me permission to use his one then thats one major character out of the way. and it ties into the next episode perfectly

a bit of information on the character so that you can brainstorm.

Fire aligned - Soldier - late 30s - Captain of a unit in an army - dangerous

thanks again salanewt

Salanewt

You are welcome. Do you want any specialized characters that would live there, but not be main characters (like the simple characters with insignificant things to say), or are you going to use generic sprites that already exist?

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

MaxiPower

The sprite Atrius made and the one i requested are gonna be on a bunch of airships, thats about to invade Weyard, If you can do several guys but just different heads in the same suit that would be suffice..... for now lol

oh and if it saves time only front, back, and sides are needed not diagonal (well unless you want to do that for future refrence of having sprites)

Its a video fanfiction so the sprits wont be moving but just standing still, if you get me :).

btw that city having been shown in an ealier video of my story prob wont be in the story again, it was just an example of what i could do

Salanewt

I see. Well, I can certainly work on this. And, considering that this is for your fanfic, then I suppose palettes are unlimited? I can get working on it soon.

Have a nice day.

MaxiPower

Yes no restrictions on Pallete colours

Salanewt

Okay, good. I might try to stick to Golden Sun's palette anyway, just in case they are community hack worthy.

So basically, sprites similar to the ones Atrius provided, but with darker outfits and slightly different heads (which, if for different characters, will vary more greatly than uniform)? I can work on this some time today... Maybe even now.

Have a nice day.