News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Hand Sanitizer/Vaccines for illnesses

Started by Salanewt, 20, October, 2009, 03:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

PETA is retarded. There are parts of the human body that are obviously designed for carnivores (eyes in the front, canines, useless appendix)... but it seems impossible to tell anyone obsessed with "animal rights". Testing on animals is a necessity, but they should be treated well and not be given any punishment besides strictly what they are testing.

I don't think animals should be mistreated for the sake of a better burger, but that's no reason to stop eating meat altogether. I eat meat that was raised on farms using old techniques, so the animals are generally treated better than those that go in your Chicken McNuggets.

Salanewt

Yuck! Chicken McNuggets... Barf!

Anyway, I agree with both of you there. I just wanted to say that before starting an "Animal Rights (to which animals?)" topic.

Anyway, testing things on animals can be fine, but as long as the subjects are only those that are bred domestically (or are found in vast numbers in ther wild), in my opinion.

Then again, killing animals that there are huge populations of isn't a good idea either... Just take a look at the extinction of the Passenger Pidgeon. They used to be one of the most popular birds, and now look. All dead.

Have a nice day.

Oh wait... Yes, some drugs could be tested on animals, but I would prefer it if they would restrict animal only drugs to non-domesticated animals (or rather, restrict the types of drugs on them).

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Quote from: Charon the FerrymanPETA is retarded. There are parts of the human body that are obviously designed for carnivores (eyes in the front, canines, useless appendix)... but it seems impossible to tell anyone obsessed with "animal rights". Testing on animals is a necessity, but they should be treated well and not be given any punishment besides strictly what they are testing.

I don't think animals should be mistreated for the sake of a better burger, but that's no reason to stop eating meat altogether. I eat meat that was raised on farms using old techniques, so the animals are generally treated better than those that go in your Chicken McNuggets.
Not to mention protesting the eating of meat by preforming acts of yuri in the middle of the street.  I dunno about you, but if I were a guy, that'd just make me want to buy some hot dogs and eat it in front of them so that they keep doing it, possibly getting more 'steamy' as they do it...  Stupid PETAphiles...

The funniest thing was when they said that eating meat makes you fat.  That's CARBS, you morons.  You know, which comes from PLANTS.  Plus, what are they whining about?  The torture of living things?  What the hell do you think a Salad was made of?  Vegetables that were grown and raised for the sole purpose of slaughtering them and feasting upon their corpses.  Yes, veggies and fruits had mommies and daddies too.  What do you think flowers are?  They're PLANT GENITALS.  That's right.  Oh, and that water you're drinking right now?  Billions of microbes were ruthlessly slaughtered just so that it was healthy for you to drink.  Yeah, that's right.

Have fun getting your darwin award, freak.

Charon

Honestly, when will they understand that people eating meat is like animals eating meat o.o

Rolina

Salanewt

Yes. Unfortunately, many people in the world think that it is entirely different because humans are supposedly the "top life form", and that they have a choice. This could be true in some ways, but when you get these people who think that meat is murder, then... I don't know.

Honestly, if it weren't for what they teach us in biology (and of the video games that I play), then I would consider us to be a medium life form. The main reasons why we are not the top yet is because of these "food is murder" people, not to mention pollution and garbage. I was kind of hoping for the Coral Reefs to be around forever, but I don't know now...

WOAH! We are off topic (thanks for starting the new topic for this by the way).

Okay, I suppose it has been established that vaccines and hand sanitizers are good for some reasons, but are not allowing the world to evolve and adapt properly (another thing, Bacteria are actually living things, so does that mean that everyone in hospitals and schools are murderers too, just like the meat industries? lol...). Anyway, lets add somethign new to this topic:

Gene Altering (or whatever it is that you want to call it).

I am sure that this will help cure many types of diseases in the future, and I think they have actually cured one or two animals (either monkies or mice, I forget which one) of colour blindness. However, I think they need to be careful, because what might be a good gene for one person might be lethal to someone else.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

We use genetic manipulation for plants and animals already.  If we WANT evolution, the next step is Humans.  Just one problem... that's playing god.  We can either choose to throw medicine out the window, and let God do his job as norm via natural selection, or we can play God ourselves via genetic manipulation, and accept all the risks and potential disasters that come with it.

Charon

I don't support it because it can lead to some serious side effects, but in reality, that's where our breeds of dogs came from. It's really not that big of a deal in my opinion.

Hell, you could consider date sites a form of human genetic engineering XD

Salanewt

Yeah. I think most people want to "play God". I think that a large part of the population fears pain and death, which another reason why most people are sticking with medicines.

If you think of it though, medicine might be needed for some things. For example, if Murder is against your morals, then you would probably choose to give medicine to someone instead of putting them out of their misery (and if you do put them out of their misery, then you will probably face prison anyway, so...).

Oh... "What a wonderful world", lol.

Have a nice day.

Edit: True. However, they get some breeds from genetic slicing, and others from breeding, so... Anyway, breeding is how I got my precious Sammy (who unfortunately passed away little more than a year ago).

Rolina

There's also the "Do I save the brutal dictator's life, or do I save it with medicine?" moral argument.  You'll be saving a life if you save him, rather than dooming a man to death... but that life is responsible for the slaughter of thousands to millions of people.  And you'd be saving that despicable man.

Such moral conundrums plague the practice of medicine, as they help to save the lives of brutal, savage criminals on a regular basis, despite knowing just what they're capable, and that by saving them, they may doom someone else to death later on.

Charon

Not to add the fact that if we defy nature by letting someone born with a genetic disorder that would otherwise kill them live, they will spread this disorder among the population, thus defeating Darwinism. It's cruel, but it could generate a big problem later.

Salanewt

Very true.

It isn't even allowing infected people to live to reproduce that is a part of the major problem (well, it is the worst, but...), trying to keep them alive can be both painful and money consuming (for medications (or for other things, but we have free-ish health care up here (paid through taxes))), not to mention the time...

There is also a chance in extremely rare cases where the disease forms by a mutation, having nothing to do with the parents...

I suppose this is no longer a debate, is it? Oh well, someone might come in that doesn't agree with us.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

It's a general agreement that Moder Medicine is Fsking up the human race, and we're too ethical/moral do to anything about it.

Salanewt

Exactly!

I wonder if we can add anything to this conversation that still has something to do with medicines/health?

Have a nice day.

Kain

Necro-posting.  -takes off his undead outfit-

But I agree about the hand sanitizer things.  I don't use them because like Role said, it weakens the immune system.  Not to mention they smell and I have a hard time breathing with that smell lingering around.  My bro on the other hand uses them constantly.  He's been sick four times since they were installed and I've been fine, only lately suffering from headaches, migraines and body stiffness and this is due to lack of sleep.

Quote from: Salanewt on 23, October, 2009, 09:12:00 AM
Exactly!

I wonder if we can add anything to this conversation that still has something to do with medicines/health?

Have a nice day.

Add to it?  How about this, who goes to the doctor, who doesn't, who uses medication for problems?

I don't go to my doctor.  They're all quacks who don't know what they're doing.  You go in for a physical, you come out with five illnesses you've never even heard of and you have to take special steps to increase your health or they give you botched up medications or they get what's ailing you wrong.

A few weeks ago I had to be rushed in because my throat suddenly tightened and I couldn't breath.  I could breath a small bit, but I'd immediately start coughing and hacking up...I guess mucus.  I couldn't tell.

The nurse asked me what's wrong.  I told her I couldn't breath.  I had to wait twenty minutes before being seen and when I went in, she told the doctor I said I have asthma.  asdfghjkl; (exclamation point)

They solved that problem with a breathing thing.

Two days later I went in after feeling sick the day after my throat tightened.  I was getting tested for the swine flu and they told me:  "We're not sure if it's swine flu, but it's definitely the flu."  ...well what use are you guys?

Just as I was walking back to the waiting room, the nurse near me was talking to another woman and said:  "He doesn't even look sick at all.  He's probably faking it."  Cue me puking up a smelly brown stream of bile on the floor and then later into the wastebasket.  "That doesn't look fake to me." The second nurse said before walking away.  "Oh, and you're going to clean that mess up." the second nurse said before vanishing from view.

So I was quarantined for two weeks, which slightly helped my mood, despite how sick I was feeling.

I go by this rule:  If my bodies immune system can handle it, I'm hardly bothered.  If it can't, well now's a perfect time for my body to find a cure.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Salanewt

And that is a good moral to the story. Before when I was talking, I was forgetting the fact that I might one day need medication, so... I am switching sides of the argument!

Mwahahahahahaha!

Also, wow, waiting 20 minutes when you can't breathe? What kind of maniac medical people do you have near you?

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

Probably Canadian ones... Or US without paying, since in the US if you don't pay it can take several months or even be impossible to get health care.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Hm... Well, we do have idiot medical people up here, but they rarely make you wait if the condition seems life threatening (unless it is not something that will kill you right away (like cancer), or if you will be fine for a while). For example, a heart attack will get you in right away, but a sprained arm will take a while. In fact, I remember a tiny bit of when I broke my leg, and they took care of me in about 10 minutes, which felt like an hour or two to me still, but... Well, there is more to this story, so I will tell it some other time.

Now to make a rant about School... Again (we had ANOTHER fire today, but it was not as bad as the one in June).

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Read:  An emergency will get you in now.  But something that will take a year before it kills you?  You're better off going to the US to get the cure.  Even if you don't have insurance, they'll still take you (you'll just pay full price instead of 20% or whatever the co-pay is here).  I mean, with the debate over universal health care that's going on here, I've been hearing a TON of horror stories from Canada and Europe.

Charon

I'll be honest, our insurance is so screwed up over here. It's really not worth having :p