News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Hand Sanitizer/Vaccines for illnesses

Started by Salanewt, 20, October, 2009, 03:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

You mean in the US?  Soon we won't have a choice.  Those morons in congress want to try and force us to have health insurance whether we want it or not.  And instead of doing SMART things to keep costs down - like making laws against BS lawsuits against doctors, and allowing insurance to compete across state lines (thus lowering costs via the natural processes of capitalism) - they're doing the OPPOSITE - trying to introduce a government run system.  Isn't that why people come to america when they have a life threatening illness in Canada or Europe?  Because THEY have dumbass-run healthcare?  What reason do we have to believe that the government knows what they're doing?  Do they have a medical licence?  Ha ha... NOPE.  I do NOT WANT my healthcare politicized by dumbass politicians, I'm sorry, just... no.

Salanewt

Hm... Well, I have actually heard more horror stories from in the US than in Canada. I suppose it depends on who you speak to though.

Also, the only reason why we have such long waiting times is because we have so many people who are coming up with imaginary illnesses and symptoms, so they waste the time of both real patients and doctors. Besides, I would rather not pay at all for either the transportation to go or for the cure (if there even is one). In fact, my Nana and Papa(from what I have been told, who are residents of Florida for 6 months) have to be extremely careful when they are down there, and most of their medical stuff is done up here because they simply do not have the money (they are getting older though, to Mrs. 3-4 heart attacks and Mr. toungue removed). By the way, are there any cheap antidotes for Fire Ant venom? My Papa keeps getting bitten when he goes down.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

VENOMOUS ANTS!?!? anyway, it seems that BIG GOVERNMENTS HAVE SMALL BRAINS,and that EVERYONE has dumbass-run healthcare.

Rolina

Yeah, the problem here is that doctors are paranoid that these people will sue them, so they do way too much.  More than they should.  What we need to do is crack down on the BS lawsuits so that doctors can do their jobs correctly without fear of getting sued.  It's a process called "Tort Reform".

As for fire ant venom... yeah, I'm guessing he has an allergic reaction?  If he doesn't, though, it's nothing that generic bug-bite treatment can't fix.  Don't blame us for fire ants, though, they're invading the US via central/south america, so...  Yeah.

Salanewt

I know, and I'm not blaming anyone. Also, he has had an allergic reaction. In fact...

http://thumbp2.mail.vip.sk1.yahoo.com/tn?sid=2712301222&mid=AE3FtEQAAHPuSwq%2FeAOz4kKdXWw&midoffset=1_14019&partid=2&f=452&fid=Inbox

I am posting it as a link, because this is kind of bad looking (and at the time of the image, at least ten days or more had passed since the bite(s)).

Odd thing happened. While he was poisoning an ant hill, he stepped on another one, and...

He should almost be better by now, since this image was sent to me some time in November.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Ouch.  Yeah, nothing you can do about that except rush to the hospital for the antivenom and treatment.  Even in a system with Gov't Run Failcare, they should (I repeat, SHOULD) accept emergency cases...

Salanewt

Yeah, they should accept them, but there is a fine if the money is not paid, right? Well, Papa has been off of his feet for a while, so he should be fine.

Also, funny thing, but not everything is covered by out healthcare system up here. Most things are, but some minor things are not (by minor, I mean mostly unecessary things, or warts on hands, etc.).

Have a nice day.

Other than the useless doctor visits during the summer, I have not been to a doctor in a long time. Also, the pressure to have Hand Sanitzers in school is increasing... Last time I was there, I think I saw like 6-7 bottles in the office alone?

Rolina

What good are hand sanitizers if the kids won't use them?  Having them there is one thing.  Actually getting the kids to use them is another matter entirely.

Salanewt

Well, these are mostly for the staff in the office. One for students to use is available in the Guidance Office.

Have a nice day.