News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Average Party Level

Started by Ehic, 12, October, 2009, 07:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ehic

What is your average party level for each boos in the lost age, assuming some side questing and going in "order". I am now trying to figure out what levels to assign psynergy for my edit and this would help greatly.
Here is a list of the bosses courtesy of GameFAQs.
Chestbeater x3
King Scorpion
Briggs and Sea Fighter x2
Aqua Hydra
Serpent
Avimander
Poseidon
Moapa and Knight x2
Agatio and Karst
Flame Dragon x2
Doom Dragon
Star Magician
Sentinel
Valukar
Dullahan

Salanewt

Hm... By the end of the game, my average level is about 30-35 I think (and this is having done a lot). Of course, the last time I played (I have been busy with Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga) I managed to get somewhere in the 70s.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

Chestbeaters should be done at Lvl 7 or 8
King Scorpion should be done at Lvl 10-12
Briggs and Sea Fighters should be done at Lvl 12-14
Doom Dragon can be done as early as 40-45
Dullahan is 50-54 (IIRC), but I do know the earliest for him is 48 (but it does take quite a bit of summoning)

BUT this is off of memory (though Chestbeaters should be correct

Ehic

I looked at boss guide on gamefaqs for levels but I want input from multiple people, especially since I over level when I play.

Rolina

Quote from: ZachChestbeaters should be done at Lvl 7 or 8
King Scorpion should be done at Lvl 10-12
Briggs and Sea Fighters should be done at Lvl 12-14
Doom Dragon can be done as early as 40-45
Dullahan is 50-54 (IIRC), but I do know the earliest for him is 48 (but it does take quite a bit of summoning)

BUT this is off of memory (though Chestbeaters should be correct

Earliest for Dullahan is actually starting level.  I've seen a guy hack the game to give 0 xp after every fight, then take on Dullahan at starting levels.

He won... somehow...  Really good strategy the guy pulled off.

Salanewt

Oh yes, this topic just reminded me of my hacked Amaze... I think that it could be beaten, but it might even be harder than Dullahan. I am thinking of giving it a summon or two as well, but it is pretty good as it is.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

You can beat Doom Dragon with good equipment at level 35, but Dulluhan requires some luck. I did it at level 46, but it was serious summon spam spam spam spam spam XD

Salanewt

True enough, anyway... I wonder if my one enemy idea is usable (or even beatable) yet? I shall post a link to it momentarily.

Have a nice day.

http://forums.goldensunhacking.net/general-golden-sun-f13/your-gsdg-enemy-ideas-t38.htm

The enemy "Salanewt". I am pretty sure that it would be incredibly hard ot beat it.

Have a nice day.

Sajin

Here are the ones I remember:
Chestbeaters -> lvl 7
King Scorpion -> lvl 12-15
Briggs and Sea Fighters ->lvl 13-15
Aqua Hydra ->lvl 20-22
Serpent -> lvl 25-26
Avimander ->around lvl 26-28
Poseidon ->around lvl26-28 as well
Agatio and Karst -> around lvl 30
Doom Dragon -> lvl34-38
Also, these are my lowest levels for beating each boss as I normally overlevel a little.

Ehic

Thank you for the input, this helps me alot.

Sajin

No problem! Ah and keep in mind that those lvls are the LOWEST. I remember the first time I finished TLA I was around lvl45 when I beated Doom Dragon. Also, I may do a run through TLA this week to verify the lvls and put here the lvls to beat the optional bosses.

Salanewt

Hm... I seem to remember that I have made it to Dullahan once or twice when I was around level 25, if this helps (and Teleport is needed to get to Dullahan). However, this might have been an extremely low level for me... Hard to say for now. I think I was also able to beat Agatio and Karst at around level 30-32 (different file).

Have a nice day.

FelixWolf

If i do remember well, when i fought Dullahan i was around level 45-50, but actually the easiest way to beat Dullahan is by having all djinn in summon mode except for those who reduce damage by alot like it is shown in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdMHrSDAT5s 

Spook

I never summon for the superbosses. 3 Ronins and Mia as a Pure Mage with the Iris Robe is the best thing ever.
SHAZAM

dwkjohn

Just a warning, some people are picky on this site when it comes to dredging up the past. as in date: 2009, 2009, 2009, ... !2011! I could care less. I did it when I first came here but I got chewed out bcz of it, so just letting you know. Role usually keeps an eye out for this stuff and controls it with an iron fist.
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

Spook

Oh crap this was bumped, I didn't even notice when I posted. Egh.
SHAZAM

dwkjohn

its ok. as they say. "just don't make a habit of it." so don't worry I've done it before.
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

QuoteJust a warning, some people are picky on this site when it comes to dredging up the past. as in date: 2009, 2009, 2009, ... !2011! I could care less. I did it when I first came here but I got chewed out bcz of it, so just letting you know. Role usually keeps an eye out for this stuff and controls it with an iron fist.
If you expect to help those that are clearly not here (like if they are guests) Then yes... Anyways, you can still post in topics that are old, if you like, just don't expect to get a reaction from people that may not be here. (Though, some of us from 2009, are still here. Charon, Atruis, Salanewt, Jamie (sometimes), Role (it looks like she went inactive for this pass bit, but I have a feeling she'll be back.), etc.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Spook

Wait a minute, I didn't even bump this.
SHAZAM

Aile~♥

I see no problem as long as the topic of discussion itself is not outdated. There is no rule against necroposting in and of itself, it's only when you reply to someone who's no longer here or about an issue that is outdated and no longer presents itself (such as the first version of the editor, for example) that we have an issue with thread bumps.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]