News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

First Impressions: Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Started by Berthenk, 29, July, 2010, 07:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Yeah, overworld sprites are easy to make compared to the battle ones. Same with battle weapons.

Samantha was very flat (while also showing the problems with making them as sprites), but she was my starter. Basically, something to allow me to create a Dummy body to fill in with more detail, and then to replicate arms (poorly) and legs. That could give me the feeling of making battle sprites, but it is quite time consuming. It also proved that it is virtually impossible to create a good Dummy body to fill in with detail, or else it will look too pixelated. In fact, this is also the same reason why I was talking about the "white clothes" with her.

Also, thanks for the compliment on Link!  We could give him a Cane/Rod, considering he has had a few now in his games (Cane of Somaria, Cane of Byrna, as well as the Fire and Ice Rods, one in Twilight Princess, another in Spirit Tracks, and the Rod of Seasons). There may or may not have been a cane in one of the first two Zelda games though.

I was also working on a small enemy sprite, but those are almost as hard (and the reason for the small size was for practice again, long after Samantha's failed attempt).

And from these three tests, only one has so far been successful (because my Python remains unfinished). It seems like Dark Dawn will not require that the polygons have frozen frames, so perhaps it will be possible to use polygons in The Lost Age (it would use more of the game's space, but it could be entertaining). Otherwise, the ability to replace the polygon frames with sprites.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?