News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Enemy non-normal abilities

Started by Role, 04, November, 2008, 01:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

You know how Sentinel is immune to psynergy?  And how Valukar is able to summon using your djinn?

I've not really noticed anything in the monster editor to denote this.  Is this data that's not been found yet, and if we can use like a checkbox or something to turn in on or off, could we also possibly be able to manipulate it to make an enemy immune to Summons?

I mean, that'd be so awesome.  You like to summon rush?  Well yeah, this guy's laughing at you, because he's immune.

How about similar to Valukar's ability to use your Djinn to summon, we could have a way to manipulate that to where they could use the psynergy available to you.

Hacked in that revive-and-fully-heal-everyone psynergy?  Yeah, he can use it too, now.  Enjoy your endless battle!

I mean, I can think of a lot of ways to make a boss or two that would just DESTROY anyone who doesn't rely on actual skill to win, and if we can find that data and somehow manipulate how it works, that would be AWESOME.

weckar

wouldn't the same go for the ability to heal oneself some have? (dragon in gaia rock)

Atrius (He/Him)

I have no idea where those are right now.  They could be programmed into the game, one of those unknown values, or somewhere else.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

The dragon on Gaia rock just has absurd HP regen.  That's already in the monster editor, at least.

@Atrius:  I look forward to when you find it, then. ^-^  It'll be fun manipulating those.

checkmate

I found that if you go to the memory viewer in visualboy advance and go to offset "020308C8" it will show the enemy (only works in one enemy battles) information (in hex).  I searched around this area after replacing dullahan with sentinel using the GoldenSunTLA_editor (which is awesome).  I made a code that allows sentinel to take damage from psynergy.  Unfortunately I couldn't get the "immune to psynergy" value (01) to work on dullahan when I put him back in (again replacing sentinel back with dullahan in enemy group mode.  For those who are interested the visualboy advance code for "psynergy damages sentinel" is 02030712 00.
   ^          ^
   |           |
address   8 bit value

Hope this helps.

Sentinel taking psynergy damage

NOTE: Please let me know if you get a pop-up on this link or if you can tell me the image code.

I just found the forcefield code for Posiedon.  Again it only seems to work on Poseiodon itself.  The address is 020308b4 the values are once again 00 and 01.  00 turns off the forcefield.  01 resets for forcefield to on if it is off.

MaxiPower

Quote from: checkmate on 11, December, 2008, 06:33:00 PMI found that if you go to the memory viewer in visualboy advance and go to offset "020308C8" it will show the enemy (only works in one enemy battles) information (in hex).  I searched around this area after replacing dullahan with sentinel using the GoldenSunTLA_editor (which is awesome).  I made a code that allows sentinel to take damage from psynergy.  Unfortunately I couldn't get the "immune to psynergy" value (01) to work on dullahan when I put him back in (again replacing sentinel back with dullahan in enemy group mode.  For those who are interested the visualboy advance code for "psynergy damages sentinel" is 02030712 00.
   ^          ^
   |           |
address   8 bit value

Hope this helps.

Sentinel taking psynergy damage

NOTE: Please let me know if you get a pop-up on this link or if you can tell me the image code.

I just found the forcefield code for Posiedon.  Again it only seems to work on Poseiodon itself.  The address is 020308b4 the values are once again 00 and 01.  00 turns off the forcefield.  01 resets for forcefield to on if it is off.
First of welcome to the boards.. and secondary well done on your findings. im not famillier what all of it means but i sounds complicated  im sure your knowledge will be quite the asset with Atrius plans

keep up the good work

checkmate

Thanks for the welcome.  I will continue to try and help.

Atrius (He/Him)

Yes, enemy data is stored in memory starting at 0x020308C8.  If you scroll down you'll find the other enemies in multiple-enemy battles, there's quite a bit of padding between them.

Thanks for the codes, they will probably prove very useful.  If you find any more like them I'd love to hear about it.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

checkmate

Hey Atrius, the only other (notable) code I have forces the user (character that is about to attack) repeatedly until target dies.  The text and first animation work.  The only use I forsee for this is getting party character turns above 2 and enemy attacks above 5.  The Code is 02030870:00.

The other codes I didn't write down were " take 0 damage" (all characters, both party and enemy),  "Issac takes x damage" (glitchy graphics), a code that skews things like battle info order (like Isaac's Sol blade lets out a howl! Meggiddo! And then says x took y damage after all actions have been shown) and "dodge attacks" (enemy only, although they still take weapon unleashes and psynergy damage).

There are two gamefaqs articles on GS2 hacking that I have read that helped me, Atrius.  However, considering what you have done with the editor thus far they may be old news to you.  
   On a sidenote,  I am having a problem altering an enemies defense values. (I've only tried some bosses so far e.g. Poseidon, Sentinel, Dullahan, and Mystery Man) Off the top of my head the editor labels these as enemy numbers 93-95, 213-215, and 210-212 respectively.  Mystery Man's value 344 (I had to check that one)
   Also the checkboxes for movesets seem to set the order of most moves in stone.  However things like "Break" (from what I have read and then tested) will be omitted if there are no stats to debuff.  
   Lastly, I noticed on some (not all) bosses a 24 will be displayed in the ??? box North of ( and a little East) the item reward box.  All the Enemies I have seen with this number in that box are from Golden Sun 1.  (My print screen button is broken so I can't post a picture for anything related to the editor.)  An example of such an enemy is the Kraken (number 340).  
I apologise for being so long winded.  Good luck on the rest of editor, it looks great.