News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Community Hack?

Started by Charon the Ferryman, 17, October, 2009, 10:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clara Vita (she/her/hers)

purge
Anemos Alchemist -> Spirit of the Dawn -> Lord Claros Flamestrike -> Clara Vitalia -> Clara Vita

Can you find the point at which I came out as trans? lmfao

Salanewt

I imagine that it should not be too hard once we can use the map editor. I am guessing that it is tile based (like most GB A games), and almost anything that moves on a map is a sprite (even is subtle)?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Matrim

Perhaps we could add something with the ankol ruins and tundaria tower. Nothing much was explained with them and but they were a neat interlude. Perhaps we could have them as like another mini dungeon like thing with them holding two halves of a key in a new area of the tower that can be gotten to by a new psyenergy and have the two key pieces open another new tower that has risen out of the water as the land rises back up.

I wonder how in the heck i've missed this thread until now.

Salanewt

Hard to say. Also, that seems like a good idea, and can even be explained with the story maybe... After the release of Alchemy, changes happened in each of the towers of the lost civilizations, which causes hidden chambers to be revealed?

We could even keep the Sea God's tear as one key, and then give keys to the other two towers (we might as well keep the one tower, so we can have all three of the neat towers). I like your idea.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Quote from: Anemos Alchemist on 30, November, 2009, 01:30:28 AM
I think that it'd be awesome to expand the Lighthouses to be larger.  I mean, in Venus, you basically did three puzzles, moved three blocks, and ran around in moving sand.  Then, you jumped down a slide thing onto a platform that took you to the Aerie.  Jupiter Lighthouse, however, was a LIGHTHOUSE.  If we could make all the lighthouses like Jupiter...

I would be happy to contribute to this, if someone would teach me how to make the maps...

- Alchemist
I actually really love that idea.  Expanding the lighthouses (and the rocks, for that matter!  Yes, even Air's Rock.) I think would be a great idea.

To tell you the truth, I actually plan in my own personal hack to have two different paths for each elemental rock.  Which path you take depends on which psynergy you use in certain areas.  For example, I plan to make Bolt castable outside of battle (with an animation similar to the lightning strikes you'd find in the Jupiter lighthouse after putting the spires in the right spot).  When you get up to the first large whirlwind stone, casting whirlwind will clear the way so that you can climb the mountain.  However, using Bolt there will trigger a sequence that allows you to traverse a much more extensive interior.  Similarly with Gaia Rock, Growth allows you to climb the outside, Quake (which now acts like tremor outside of battle) allows you access to the interior.  Of course, both will be changed quite a bit, but that's the overall goal.  Different paths for different psynergies, and which psynergy you have depends on which team you currently control.  Eventually, when the two teams join forces, you can go back to optional places in the rocks that require the use of both psynergies to get extra goodies (like when you go back to the cave leading to Imil after you learn reveal).

Honestly, I cannot wait until the map editor comes out... I've heard a lot of good ideas from everyone in this regard.