News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Hard Mode a let down

Started by Ehic, 11, October, 2009, 11:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ehic

So I just started hard mode recently, and I'm disappointed. I know that it raises the attack and HP of enemies but the only difference I notice is longer boss battles?

After I clear this I will definately try Zach's patch.

Your opinions on Hard mode?

Zach

Not hard enough, but it's fun when you do challenges like "Solos", "Nekkid", etc.

Aile~♥

[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Zach

I'm sorry, what i meant to say was you could do a Solo with any character multiple times (which is why I said Solos). Sorry if I confused any of you guys XD

Aile~♥

What do you mean by a Solo? Having only 1 character attack, and the rest use the Defend command?

Zach

A solo is when you complete the game by using only 1 character (you have to kill off the other party members for it to be legit)

Ehic

Whats a nekkid game? Original or no equipment?

Aile~♥

Charon

I can imagine that Zach's hard mode is very difficult XD

You can play it without certain normal procedures, such as not using money, playing without equipment/djinn, or hacking it to receive little or no EXP.

Rolina

There's also the Inepts challenge.  I've posted it several times.  Only mandatory djinn are allowed to be obtained, and they MUST be on standby at all times.  NO psynergy, summons, or artifact equipment is allowed unless its mandatory for a battle (such as trident vs Poseidon), after which the artifact equipment MUST be removed.  Only puzzle solving psynergy may be used, and only when mandatory (no optional stuff allowed).

You are restricted to using generic, common equipment due to gameplay reasons (no unleashes allowed), your only healing can be from items, your only means of elemental damage from the attack items like Bramble Seed and the like.  NO, you cannot even use artifact armor, nor can you heal with psynergy outside of battle.

You're NOT an adept.  That's the point of the challenge.  You're only permitted to use field psynergy when you cannot progress without it, meaning if it's an optional dungeon and you need psynergy to get past a certain part, you can't get past it.

Attack, Defend, and Item are the only commands you can use, and attacking isn't broken due to the no-artifact equipment rule.  Artifact items, such as Potions, are okay, so long as they're single-use only type items.  Finally, your goal is to beat the game with as low of a level as possible.  Though it's not a low level challenge, anyone can just level up until it's no longer a challenge anymore, so that defeats the point of this being a challenge.

Zach

oh yeah, don't know how I forgot about that challenge XD

Sajin

Yes, Hard mode wasn't as hard as the name emplies.
I tried finishing hard mode without using any psynergy.It was indeed a challenge,but the problem is that the game loses it's charm without psynergy.
Also, Inept challenge?Looks interesting. I haven't played TLA for some time, maybe I'll try that challenge.

Rolina

A no-psynergy run is easy as hell.  Remember how the attack command is broken?  That means that you're not going to be using a command you weren't going to use in the first place - this is ESPECIALLY true late game.

Sajin

Ops, I meant a no psynergy AND no artifacts challenge. The attack comand isn't that broken whithout (bad spelled?) unleashes.

squizzy44

zach's patch was too hard, i died on the first enemy :(

Salanewt

Well, I would have survived if Purple Felix did not "spill over" into the third scripted battle after Venus Lighthouse.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

Quote from: squizzy44zach's patch was too hard, i died on the first enemy :(
i explained how to get past the first 4 enemies in the description. Use the 4 oil drops I gave you <.<

zman9000

Has anyone worked on making the first GS harder? like you can clear it at like level 17 even if you don't skip any battles and get everything.... thats kinda... really really low.
while 35+ for the lost age. I'm starting to think i need more of a challenge.

if we could get the required level up to like 30 or more... it could be come a challenge.
but before i start another project... has anyone done this yet?   
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Durza

If you want a challenge, try an inept run where all the optional bosses (including Dullahan) must be done. Though Dullahan's actually one of the easiest when you're used to fighting without djinn. Valukar tended to kick some @#$% though.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

zman9000

this is true and really hard in the lost age, but for the first game... i mean you don't really need anything other then swords and psynergy to beat it. Deadbeard is a pushover...
at least for the first game, I know I've mastered it because I know where everything is, every djinn, every sword, and all the little hidden items in all the houses...
I think I like the first game the most, but it might be time to move on... Deadbeard, no djinn... I've basically already did that... ugg
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx