News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!

Started by Rolina, 13, October, 2009, 08:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Griever

Rolina

You know, looking at this, it's kind of jarring how few spells mercury has...  Let's have a goal to get roughly even spellcounts per element in our hacks, guys!

Rolina

Hey, guys, I'm thinking of redoing a lot of the existing/canon sprites, such as the healing ones, to try and imitate their DD counterparts, or at least differentiate some of them, such as the healing ones.  What are your thoughts on the idea?

Griever

Sounds like a nice idea, how about you do one of the icons and post the old and new icons for us to see? that should help you decide whether its actually worth it or not.

Rolina

Aye, that's the idea.  If some others like the idea, I'll give it a shot.  The only real problem is, well, hard to make 16x16 14x14 really show up...

Kide

I think you're probably going to do this either way, but... well, at least you have my support, even if I don't have any real plans for hacks right now.

But, of course, it would be nice to see those.

zman9000

How have I not seen this topic before? Also good work Role.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

@Kide:  Actually, if nobody wanted them, I'd not have wasted my time with it.  That's why I asked first.

Rolina

Anyone need item sprites?  Because BAM

There they are.

Griever

Awesomeness ... Cool icons.

Are these the DD ones or are they the DD counterpart of the first two GS?

Nice work.

Rolina

These are Dark Dawn Icons for items and equipment.

zman9000

wow nice. how did you get those? did you rip them from the game?
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

I got them from the internet. I cleaned them up and tried to organize them somewhat decently.  And then posted them.  But the basis?  Five seconds and google, I'm not kidding.

Rolina

- Frost
- Tundra
- Glacier

- Cold Shard
- Frost Spike
- Ice Dagger

Fun note - DD icons seem to exist within a 24x24 grid - or at least, the art part of them do.  In all likelyhood, they're actually 32x32 and layered on top of that background, but for the sake of saving space, my DD icons will be 24x24, adhering to the art limit rather than the likely sprite size.  This will change if we ever get DD editing (ha, fat chance).  Alternatively, if requested, I could provide the full size sprites with background if y'all would prefer that.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Rolina on 12, April, 2015, 12:17:05 AM
- Frost
- Tundra
- Glacier

- Cold Shard
- Frost Spike
- Ice Dagger

Fun note - DD icons seem to exist within a 24x24 grid - or at least, the art part of them do.  In all likelyhood, they're actually 32x32 and layered on top of that background, but for the sake of saving space, my DD icons will be 24x24, adhering to the art limit rather than the likely sprite size.  This will change if we ever get DD editing (ha, fat chance).  Alternatively, if requested, I could provide the full size sprites with background if y'all would prefer that.

Those Icons are smexy, reminds me of how pretty GS DD was.

Rolina

New spells:

- Tyrfing
- Meltdown

DD Spells:

- Spell Boost (Boost casting for single target by 25% for 4 turns)
- Spell Seeker (Boost casting for single target by 50% for 4 turns)

- Sear (dispel beneficial effects in a large area centered around the target)

- Ignite (Enchant:  Flame on target ally for 4 turns)

- Flame (Mars, Flame Aspect, Advanced Tier 1)
- Flame Arc (Mars, Flame Aspect, Advanced Tier 2)
- Flame Spiral (Mars, Flame Aspect, Advanced Tier 3)

MaxiPower

more cool icons role. the spiral one is awsome, never fail to impress with these