News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!

Started by Rolina, 13, October, 2009, 08:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTGreece21

lol sorry about that XD thanks, Atrius.
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Rolina

Removed post has been removed.  I'd yell at me for turning these into essentially spam, but oh right, spam is a GOOD thing in this forum.  It keeps it alive. >_>

Salanewt

Those look great Role. I would try to do something with Flame Edge though, since it lacks some of the detail that Pheonix Rush has (at least a tiny bit more detail, like a thicker outline near one end or something).

Just a question... You used the Black Crystal for the Lunar Rock, right? I like it, but it looks somewhat similar to the Cloak Orb as well. Of course, the fact that it doesn't look exactly the same is nice.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Actually, looks like it was the Cloak Ball.  Forgot the Black Crystal had a stand - other than that, the Black Crystal and Cloak Ball sprites are almost identical.

As for Flame Edge → Phoenix Rush... same can be said for pretty much any of the EPA → Improved EPA in the original games, y'know?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

That Core Stone..... It looks like a modified Magma Ball to me.

Rolina

Nope, I used something else.  I think it was a psynergy.

By the way, the reason that I didn't make a sprite for Mine is that it's getting Burst's old sprite.  Less work that way, and technically the image kinda fits the psynergy, so... yeah.

Hoopa

Well, here's me trying to create something...

I tried making Zero's helmet. What do you think?
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Rolina

Removed

Hoopa

Here's some more helmets.

Not sure, but I think the model is A from advent?
Tried to make Model HX
Megaman's helmet
Model X
2 different versions of Pandora's helmet.

Some things I made today:
A Mettaur Helm
X's Falcon Helmet
X's Falcon Armor
Supposed to be biometal x...
Supposed to be biometal z...

I can't get them to look that great because of the pallete restrictions, but I think I did good... The Biometals though...
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Rolina

removed

Rolina

I've updated the first post of the thread to include many of the new things I've made.  It's not all of them, I still have yet to upload several to photobucket, but it's a good start.

Going to make an image dump of the GSE sprites.  If you want to use them, feel free.  All of them follow the pallete restrictions.

Rolina

I didn't feel like it was necessary to make a new topic just for this, so I'm using this one.  Basically, if you like the elemental bullet set the forum is using now, I've got a few more to choose from if you so desire.

First is the one we're using now, the GSHC-style bullets:

Second is one in the style of TLA, though with minor changes to distinguish between Sol and Venus:

Finally, in the style of dark dawn's bullets:

If you want to use these, throw download the RAR file from the first post.  You'll have to upload them to your own photobucket account to use them, though - we've already got one bullet set, I doubt Charon would be too keen in adding another.

besttp

Rolina

Not yet, we don't have a way to import them yet.  But we should later on.

Rolina

Okay, so I've been working on making a set of DD-style icons, right?  I'm doing it for the templeverse at the moment, so instead of costs it displays the element of the psynergy.  I'm starting off by converting all the current spells, but then I came across Reveal.

Reveal has no DD sprite.  That horrible knockoff in Search took its place... so I've gotta wing this.  I'm gonna put up what I made - if you have suggestions, let me know.  I'm putting this up both here and in the Temple, so whatever ideas you have, let me know so I can get this canon spell looking like it's Reveal.

Edit:  After talks over skype with the ToK (mainly Leaf, though), I finally got it to where I like it.  Reveal option number 13 it is!  Say hello, reveal!

Rolina

For all you spriters out there, I've also managed to nab the psynergy from DD.  Interstingly, there was a alt colored plasma in the code (if my source is to be believed).  I've arranged them, as well as added a few helpful spriting tools (background, scroll icons - did the mercury one myself.)

I'll be putting this up in the first post as well.

Aile~♥

They have a ninja scroll for MERCURY spells? What?

And you're right, there's a little red Plasma down in the corner. What's that about?
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser
And you're right, there's a little red Plasma down in the corner. What's that about?
It's probably a dummied out spell, that it may be.

Quote from: JamietheFlameUserThey have a ninja scroll for MERCURY spells? What?
Mercury DOES get Cloak after all, and that's a really ninja-y spell.

And I know this ain't the place, but I found, if I remembered right, by messing with AR codes, that the Umbra Gear has a shop price. Forgot how much each piece was, and I lost my AR, but it's there. In my copy at least, don't know about yours.

Rolina

You guys can read, right?  Read it again.  It specifically says I made it myself as an aid to people who want to make mercury scroll spells.

Salanewt

True, but the way that you worded it made it sound a bit different than what you explained... At least, I had to read it a few times to make sure that I understood that last sentence.

Either way, nice find! Spriters Resource I assume?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?