News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Summon Type Psynergy

Started by Zach, 24, October, 2009, 01:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach

You know how when you summon rush on a boss, you always do rapable damage? Well it seems that even Psynergy can cause rapable damage to bosses when set to Summon type o.O. Found this out by accident in the Link Arena.

Video: Golden Sun TLA: Summon type moves are boss killers
Video #2: Golden Sun TLA: Summon Test

Sajin

Whoa, nearly 2000 damage? Nice. I wonder where did it get the HP % damage modifier, since it isn't supposed to be a summon...

Zach

That's what I wonder too. Also, earlier in the match, it did 2068 damage, and I was just blown away o.O. Too bad I didn't record that part <.<. The weird thing is, is that it's base is only 80 o.O and I looked at the summon bases and they're: 30 (first level), 60 (second level), 120 (third level), and 240 (fourth level) and yet it did somewhere inbetween 3rd and 4th level damage o.O

Salanewt

Oh neat, that is strange.

I wonder... Does the change appear noticable when you convert, say, Douse into a summon?

Oh yeah, it turns out that I missed a summon or two when I typed that list a while back.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

Idk, but I'm going to go try that now

Atrius (He/Him)

If I remember correctly, I think the multiplier is based on the level difference between yourself and your target.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Zach

we both were level 37 so there's no different o.O

EDIT: My Summon test was a fail, so the huge damage probably came from the psynergy's ID tag since Star Mine is an original summon

Charon

Base Damage = Summon Base + [Target's Max HP * 3 * Djinn Used / 100]

Zach

Rolina

Odd... if that works with psynergy, then WHY didn't it work when I changed Coatlique into an attack-type summon?  It just acted like base damage...

Salanewt

Perhaps because Coatlique only heals, it doesn't damage the foes.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

:heart: :irate:

...You CAN change that, you know.  With the editor.  Just like how they changed psynergy into summons.

Zach

Quote from: RoleOdd... if that works with psynergy, then WHY didn't it work when I changed Coatlique into an attack-type summon?  It just acted like base damage...

It only worked with Star Mine. The other psynergies (Sabre Dance, Astral Blast, Wing Flutter, and Punji Trap) failed and did base damage, so it may be either a. in the psynergy's ID Tag (if they have one) or b. something we can't understand with the current editor (and may have to hack to figure out the answer)

Salanewt

Quote from: Role

...You CAN change that, you know. With the editor. Just like how they changed psynergy into summons.

I know this. I was just thinking that if it is initially a healing summon, then perhaps there is a second value that affects how powerful it is... Or something like that. Not too sure about Golden Sun's data.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

It's possible that the HP damage is determined by something not yet included in the editor, just somewhere in the game's code.

Aile~♥

I have also noticed that it seems only monster skill summons can work like that, for example making Judgment be a Psynergy or unleash removes its HP% damage effect. I didn't test it myself, I merely noticed that in some hacking videos where people did that sort of nonsense.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

I'm fairly certain that the Summon vs Base Damage bit only refers to the AoE's diminishing effect... the HP% damage is totally separate and unrelated.

I've noticed, for example, that Shurriken doesn't have a diminishing area like Base Damage does.  There's also the more extreme Base Damage (Diminishing).  Summon seems to be in between the two in power.

Ehic

Shuriken doesn't diminish because its an EPA that uses multiplier, but has 3 targets instead of two.

I think that Summon diminishing is less than psynergy (both types)

Aile~♥

Summon diminishing is, surprisingly, actually GREATER than Psynergy.

Rolina

There's two types of Psynergy diminishing.  Standard, and (Diminishing).  The (Diminishing) is only applied to breath attacks, from what I can tell.  It's more extreme than summoning...

And yes, I was pointing out that Added Damage and Multiplier AoE attacks don't appear to suffer from diminishing, Ehic.

Aile~♥

There are some other moves that don't as well, namely ones with "target all enemies". These abilities (like Raging Flood and Watery Grave) seem to do equal damage to every target.

And what about Star Magician? Does Mine Ball do less damage to farther-out targets? I don't remember, which is why I'm asking.

Ehic

My bad, thank you for correcting me.