News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Compressed data editing test (Cutscenes, Graphics, e.t.c)

Started by Atrius, 11, October, 2009, 09:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

Cutscene Editing

http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PsABtZYHvMA" width="425" height="350" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" quality="high" scale="exactfit">

I've gotten some basic compression algorithms working, and I decided to test them out on the script data for a map.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Ehic

Wow Atrius! I can't wait till you get this working fully with the editor. The possibilties for this are endless. Also nice Zelda reference.

Zach

Salanewt

Cool! It is nice to see a Zelda reference in Golden Sun (by the way, this is based on the television cartoon series, right?).

I can't wait until we can do stuff like this ourselves (with the editor).

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

Rolina

Oh... my god... You actually use that line for Link's thoughts!  XD

Atrius (He/Him)

Me too, Charon, me too.  It shows progress I only dreamed of achieving when I first started work on the editor.

It seemed fitting, Role, and I believe it answers Zelda's question rather well.  And yes, Salanewt, that line is from the cartoon show.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Sajin

I can´t believe I missed this topic. Wow Atrius, amazing that you were able to tweak around with scripts... I'm more than impressed. From what you show us, I bet that you are able to fully hack GS (in time, of course).

Atrius (He/Him)

Mwa ha ha ha, summon graphics are no longer beyond my grasp.  I did a palette edit, and sprite swap on Flora.

Salanewt

Ooh, very neat! Summon editing, it looks like it is here!

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

It should be noted that all of this is just experimental work I'm doing to figure out the basics of how editing this stuff works.  It more than likely won't be doable in version 0.3 of the editor.

Charon

Quote from: AtriusMwa ha ha ha, summon graphics are no longer beyond my grasp.  I did a palette edit, and sprite swap on Flora.

OMFG Wheat Sword!

...why is Jenna's base HP so low though?

Atrius (He/Him)

Because she's still level 5.  I hacked my way past the beginning of the game, and threw a couple random other people in my party (Including 2 Mia's, though only one appears in battle she gets to attack twice)

Sajin

Very nice Atrius! By the way, from what you said, are summon graphics stored in a different way of other graphics (like enemies for instance)?

MaxiPower

Quote from: Atrius on 31, October, 2009, 05:26:00 PM
Mwa ha ha ha, summon graphics are no longer beyond my grasp.  I did a palette edit, and sprite swap on Flora.

lol no way... need a video

Rolina

Atrius (He/Him)

I just replaced Flora's graphic with him, and recolored her flower petals to a goldish.  The rest of the animation, including her floating around the screen was unchanged.

Just uploaded it, it may take a while for Youtube to process the video before it works.

Rolina

Oh my god... Atrius... you just won the internets with that...  You've SO got to post that over at GameFAQs!

MaxiPower

i cant help but wonder why this took so long to post>? its genious