News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Holiday

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 31, October, 2009, 07:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which holiday do you like best?

New Years Day. (Jan 1)
2 (22.2%)
Valentine's Day.
0 (0%)
April Fools.
0 (0%)
Easter
1 (11.1%)
Independence Day. (4th of July.)
0 (0%)
Halloween.
0 (0%)
Thanksgiving.
1 (11.1%)
Christmas.
5 (55.6%)
Hanukkah.
0 (0%)
Kwanzaa.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Well since today is a holiday. (Halloween.) I had a thought to post this poll up. I hope your selection is listed in the poll. :)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Okay, I put mine up. However, in Canada, we have Canada Day instead of Independence Day, and wel also have Victoria Day (plus a different Thanks Giving, etc.).

So I chose (two of which are not exactly "holidays"):

April Fools,
Easter,
Halloween,
Christmas.

The top of these four for me is Christmas.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Frog

I put down Easter and Christmas as that's when you get stuff!
Plus everyones just really happy around christmas.

Other than New years, valentines day and april fools i don't celebrate any of those holidays as they're all american/religious.
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Salanewt

Yeah, we sort of celebrate Halloween and April Fools, but they are not true holidays for us. By the way, Frog, where did you say you were from again?

Have a nice day.

For me, Easter because you get time off, and Christmas because of family and gifts (and prett recently, I get Florida during Christmas).

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Well... I found out you could only have 10 items max in a poll, so thoseare the one's I came up with. And by holiday, I mean days that  are usual known to be more special then an ordinary day.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

True enough.

To be honest though, I would have added an "Other" option, because there is one other one that I might have voted for.

Have a nice day.

Edit: I voted again, for Christmas this time. However, what happened to the ability to vote for more than one?

Rolina

Well, since we're just doing US holidays...

Thanksgiving.  A holiday all about cooking and eating food?  I'M IN! :heart:

Atrius (He/Him)

Yes thanksgiving is a good one.  And I'm actually going to be home with my family for that one.

Although... I will get the chance to spend Christmas in the town named North Pole, that could be fun.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Probably.

Also, I find that the spacing for holidays can be off, so I am kind of thankful for having had my Thanks Giving already (that, and my Nana and Papa are in Florida for a bit now). I will be with them for christmass luckily  :happy:.

Oh, can we also use this topic for a Holiday discussion, not just a poll?

Have a nice day.

I noticed this is 2009, but I'm still posting my reply. Better late than never.

Sure, Salanewt.

New Years Day- Already passed.
Valentine's Day- Already passed.
April Fools- Already passed.
Easter- Already Passed.

Independence Day- Not passed.

Will anybody watch any fireworks on July 4th?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

dwkjohn

definitely! I always buy one of the really big $200 ones. they are freaking awesome. my neighbors buy the little crappy fun ones.

,--.!,
    ___/   -*-
,d0888b.  '|`
0088MM
`9MMP'
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

Rolina

Quote from: charleysdrpepper on 14, June, 2011, 10:01:55 PM
I noticed this is 2009, but I'm still posting my reply. Better late than never.

Sure, Salanewt.

New Years Day- Already passed.
Valentine's Day- Already passed.
April Fools- Already passed.
Easter- Already Passed.

Independence Day- Not passed.

Will anybody watch any fireworks on July 4th?
Nope.  We've got a very bad drought this year.  It was bad enough that they just plain called off all fireworks activities, even the ones held over lakes.  Way too risky.

Salanewt

We celebrate Canada Day on July 1st, but not Independence Day on the 4th. We still get to watch fireworks, luckily.

Have a Happy Canada Day Eve! By the way, I do not think we celebrate Canada Day. We might as well call 4th of July, U.S. Day as well. It's less letters to type than Independence Day.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Rolina

United States of America Day
Independence Day

Nope, if we use the proper way to say the name of our country (as a holiday would), it's actually longer.

Salanewt

Yay, our country's birthday is tomorrow! Thanks for the recognition!

To celebrate, I think I will have a fire tomorrow evening. We might watch some fireworks, but I will have to see if I am feeling better tomorrow.

The proper way, yes, but I meant the abbreviated way, obviously.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden