Golden Sun Hacking Community
December 11, 2018, 12:43:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Animals and Animal Rights  (Read 16654 times)
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »

Yeah. Of course, it would also only be for a serious crime, if they can guarantee it. For example, a bank robbery or a murder: Yes. Several unpaid tickets: No.

Besides, I think that even some of these "innocent" people deserve them too (of course, only the innocent people who are not actually innocent).

Have a nice day.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Sajin
The one who stole your Gold
Venus Clan

Coins: 0

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 10:04:29 AM »

Hmmm...I think we got sidetracked Salanewt, because we're getting to Human rights and not Animal rights...
As far as I know, the Humans rights forbid the use of people as tools/objects, so I doubt about using the worst crazy pedophile serial killer to even test a new suine flu vaccine...Which is a shame, really. If he's gonna die anyway, what's the problem?

Well then, now On-topic:
In my country they just have forbidden the reproduction or aquisition of animals for circus, yay! Finally... Now they just need to forbid the stupid bull-killing-in-the-arena-thing (sorry, I don't know how to translate it to english...).
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 05:08:10 PM »

Well, if it is a name, then you do not have to translate it. Also, I know that by animals, we are staying away from humans, but we can talk about humans every once in a while (as long as it is only slightly). Anyway, now we shall stay away from Homo Sapiens for a while.

If hunting were illegalized, that would be perfect. Yes, people do need meat to survive, but that is why we are raising animals in captivity, and hunting the animals in nature takes away from their natural predators (or better yet, people could decide to become vegans, but fungi is kind of disgusting most of the time (all the time for me, yuck!)). I do like meat, but to think that in a different world, the meat hanging in butcher shops would be human meat.

Even then, don't most people believe in "the right to live"? Technically, every single multicellular creature on earth is a serial killer, especially humans. Like Hand Sanitizer? You are killing millions of bacteria, which are living things. Like meat? Killing something so you can have a good meal? That is what packs of wolves do. Want a pet? Unless it is bred 100% in captivity, and you know that it would never be able to survive in the wild, then you are keeping an animal caged up in your own home (and also, cats are indoor pets, not outdoor! They can be let outside, but their owners should really watch where the cats go).

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Sajin
Venus Clan

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 06:01:52 PM »

I doubt that hunting will be illegal since there are many people that gain profit with it (like tourism for example)...
I understand what you're saying but we kill tons of bacteria and the like but not with a concious of actually wanting to kill them, we simply wash our hands to prevent diseases...It's a lot different from going hunting for plain cruel fun.
If I were to get a pet tough, I wouldn't go buy one. I probably would go to the pound (not intirely sure about the word) and get a dog from there. It's like saving a life, right?
Ah, human meat? >_>  Um... Sweat Drop Well, cannibals say that tastes like pig meat...
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 06:13:35 PM »

Yes, this is all true, and the pound is correct. Yes, even I wash my hands to prevent disease (however, I am fine with this because there are so many people who do not do this, lol).

However, I have noticed that they rarely have anything else besides mammals at the pound. When I got my dog, my mom purchased her because the breed of dog is harder to find (and also because when I saw her, I knew that she would be the one)... And talking about my dog is a bit off topic, that, and she passed away a little while ago, and I do not want to talk about her too much... Wah!

Well, my uncooked skin almost tastes like a combination of plastic and sand. It is a shame that huntin will most likely never be illegalized. However, there are alternatives that are already illegal, and would be good for the economy... And yes, I was at that Marijuana Party of Canada website for too long, lol. However, pollution affects the environment as well, affecting the lives of animals. there are some people who consider the number 7 to be lucky, and there are plants with 7 points on their leaves... I really have to take a look at some of these other political party websites, lol.

Have a nice day.

View Profile WWW
Sajin
Venus Clan

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 06:29:22 PM »

As far as i know I only find dogs and cats at the pound.
Oh, your dog died? I'm sorry for you. I remember when my dog died and it's really sad...
Pollution will be the cause of all living things to die...not only animals but human beings as well due to the greenhouse effect (ice melting which leads to the water level to raise).
And I consider the number 7 as lucky. Don't know why but I do. :p
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2009, 06:41:09 PM »

Yeah... She was our princess (literally, we spoiled her). Anyway, I wonder how all of these people who are adding so much to pollution will feel when they have been flooded? Probably will not be in our lifetime, but apparently (was told by one of my teachers last year), Fiji the country will be comploetely flooded in about 40 years. Not to mention, if the ice melts, then fewer species can survive (because animals are trying to find cooler climates, and insects are already further north than they have been).

Have a nice day.

View Profile WWW
Sajin
Venus Clan

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2009, 06:45:51 PM »

The problem will affect ALL animals. Birds lose their sense of direction, fish die because of the water cooling down and land animals will be forced to enter territories of other species. It will be a total chaos...
I'm not worried about me or our generation but how about the next generation?
Well, let's just hope we still have time to reverse the way that the planet is taking...
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2009, 06:51:47 PM »

Yes, this is unfortunate. Oh well, we might still be able to reverse it, but there are some countries that are doing very little to help (*glares at China*).

Also, it looks like we might have to start a conversation for the Environment, since we could go on forever. I have also noticed that, although it is barely noticable, the Environment and Animal Rights are closely linked, but they both have areas that make them seem completely unrelated to each other.

Have a nice day.

View Profile WWW
Sajin
Venus Clan

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2009, 06:56:02 PM »

Enviroment issues pretty much affect all other things (humans, animals, future, the world, etc).
And China isn't even moving a single finger to help the enviroment. Damn those coal mines.  Fury
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2009, 06:59:41 PM »

Yes. This is unfortunate. Oh well, I suppose there has to be at least one country that is almost making things worse. However, there are some other countries that are barely helping as well. I would say that China is helping out the least amount. I wonder who is trying to save the environment the most?

Have a nice day.

View Profile WWW
Sajin
Venus Clan

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2009, 07:02:18 PM »

It's harder to know who is doing something than the ones who are not doing anything at all...
But I guess maybe Japan? They had idea of the Kioto Protocol,right?
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2009, 07:05:37 PM »

True. Also, for the past little while, it seems that they have been making things that could help the environment.

Ooh, I have an idea for the environment, before I start talking about animals in laboratories again. How about we try to make cars powered on Hemp? Surely, it is possible. We just need to get both the politicians and the scientists in favour of the idea.

Okay then... It turns out that there is a major problem with sharks. There are poachers who are fishing them out of the water, cutting their fins off, and then dumping them back in the oceans. It is one thing to take a shark to eat all of it, but why dump its useless body into the water to die? I hate people who only kill things for parts of their bodies. After all, everything has a use.

Have a nice day.

View Profile WWW
Sajin
Venus Clan

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2009, 07:12:20 PM »

Yes, I guess Japan actually knows what are we/they dealing with...
Car on hemp? Well, it woud not pollute much but it would make people high while they drive, so it's kind of risky... lol

They could make shark soup or shark beef, why not? But no, they just drop the corpse back to the ocean... Fury But the same happens ,for example, to elepahnts: poachers only want their ivory (is the word correct?)... Stupid poachers.
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2009, 07:21:47 PM »

Oh yeah, I never thougth about that! Unless they use the actual Hemp, instead of the leaf, since there are parts of Hemp plants that do not make people high (it would be like smoking a rope).

Your English is very good, ivory is correct. Also, this happens to almost every species. Other animals like Dolphins and turtles also get caught in fishing nets.

Have a nice day.

View Profile WWW
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
December 09, 2018, 07:43:31 PM
Fox: A banana for you, a banana for me, let's all open a banana and enjoy!
December 08, 2018, 09:48:52 PM
Drake baku: ba... ba.... bana.... bana.... banana.... nanananananananana..... and now back to doing normal, kinda
December 07, 2018, 05:43:02 PM
Luna_blade: Hey I forgot the christmas theme
November 29, 2018, 09:01:09 AM
zman9000: ded
November 19, 2018, 11:05:28 AM
Drake baku: Good day to ya all
October 30, 2018, 09:45:58 PM
Atrius: There used to be where I got the battle sprites for Kraden, but that site doesn't exist any more.
October 26, 2018, 01:31:40 PM
Infitek: Do you know if there any custom Alex battle sprites available on the internet ?
October 26, 2018, 01:31:01 PM
Infitek: Hey everyone
October 13, 2018, 03:23:06 AM
Salanewt: Updated it to provide more info that I forgot to mention.
October 13, 2018, 03:16:48 AM
Salanewt: I'm still trying to iron out IQ 2 but I'm pretty sure it's entirely random targeting.
October 13, 2018, 03:16:29 AM
Salanewt: Oh yeah, I posted some more info about enemy IQ.
October 12, 2018, 09:51:27 PM
FoxThe HTML5 project is too small to count
October 12, 2018, 06:19:48 AM
Luna_blade: there is jjppof's html5 project...
October 12, 2018, 06:19:17 AM
Luna_blade: Though Momo rings a bell it seems I came here after you left
October 11, 2018, 12:49:41 AM
Fox: (If that makes sense.)
October 11, 2018, 12:48:33 AM
Fox: Yeah, I guess so.  More just saying that's a good place to get answers to GS related questions at the moment.
October 11, 2018, 12:42:28 AM
Crystal Sonata: I did before, but I guess I could try it again
October 11, 2018, 12:41:32 AM
Fox: Not much at the moment. This forum seems pretty quiet. Perhaps you'd be interested in joining the Discord for GSHC that seems to have more activity?
October 10, 2018, 11:16:53 PM
Crystal Sonata: Any projects going on? I need a distraction from the daily grind and I'm interested in hacking GS again.
October 10, 2018, 10:02:53 PM
Fox: Thanks, and good to see you too!

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise