Golden Sun Hacking Community
January 17, 2018, 07:02:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Animals and Animal Rights  (Read 13405 times)
Sajin
The one who stole your Gold
Venus Clan

Coins: 0

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2009, 09:27:58 AM »

Thank you! I try to type as well as I can so that my posts aren't confusing.
I think they should just create cars that run on solar power...There are already some and perhaps is better than a Hemp-powered-car. :p lol
If I'm not mistaken, some fishing nets are forbidden now, due to being too small for young fish to escape. But dolphind and turtles and some other big ocean creatures will still be caught in those nets...
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2009, 06:33:03 PM »

True. Apparently though, in Australia, they are using nets that allow platypuses to surface for air, so they do not drown. This would be a good idea for the oceans as well, so they can just collect the fish that they want with a different net.

Have a nice day.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Sajin
Venus Clan

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2009, 08:19:19 AM »

Wow, really? Now that's something usefull to be invented. If they can create nets that make it possible for platypuses to breathe than I bet they can easily modify that net into a "Dolphin saving net". Although the problem is someone actually investing in that idea...
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2009, 12:45:01 PM »

Well, if I had enough money, I would definitely do this. In fact, I would probably also invest in Solar cars, or even cars with miniature windmills on it, so the windmills also power up the vehicles. Of course, Solar power and a back-up electric battery would be required, but I would still work for a way to manage it. This was, pollution can eventually be decreased, so the environment is not effected as much, and then the animals are healthier, as well as plants and animals.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Sajin
Venus Clan

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2009, 12:51:03 PM »

I would invest too, but it seems that noone actually cares for stuff like this...
All those lunatically rich people that spend money on worthless junk would do better if they invest on solar powered cars and other things that actually help the planet. Or at least some animals (like the special disgned nets).
Oh, and cars with miniature windmills? Seems a good idea,where did you get that?
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2009, 01:18:44 PM »

I forget. I had it a while ago... Around the same time that I thought of boots with a small amount of air and metal in them, so you could attempt to walk on water with better bouancy. I never got around to making them though... Perhaps that can be one of my little projects coming up soon.

There are people who care for animals, but most of them do not seem to have enough money to spend for investing in things that could help (even if they do have a lot of money, they somehow don't have enough...).

Have a nice day.

View Profile WWW
Sajin
Venus Clan

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2009, 10:31:53 AM »

There are people who care for animals, but most of them do not seem to have enough money to spend for investing in things that could help (even if they do have a lot of money, they somehow don't have enough...).

Have a nice day.

"God gives nuts to those who don't have teeth." :p it's a saying,although it's literally translated from my language.
Investing in new things isn't cheap... But it's worth it. Or atleast to those who care about animals/the planet.
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2009, 04:50:25 PM »

That is logical.

Well, one day, I am sure that everyone will realize how important it is to keep animals alive, but it is sad to think that it might be too late by the time everyone else has this epiphany.

Have a nice day.

View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2009, 05:02:42 PM »

...How important it is that we steer Natural Selection in the direction we think it should go?

I'm going to walk over here and laugh as y'all set everything up for the next MEE.

View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2009, 05:05:10 PM »

???

I still do not consider cars natural, or guns, knives, drugs, or any manufactured product that can do any harm. They may be made from natural resources, but they themselves are not straight from the environment.

Have a nice day.

View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2009, 05:08:50 PM »

...What the hell are you talking about?

Well, one day, I am sure that everyone will realize how important it is to keep animals alive, but it is sad to think that it might be too late by the time everyone else has this epiphany.

Keeping animals alive?  Really?  I don't think that's your call, boya.  When the time comes for the next Mass Extinction Event (MEE), it's all adapt or die.  If you spent all your resources saving all the fscking whales and lame-arse polar bears, then when the time comes, we're fscked ourselves.  There's nothing we can do, because we lack the resources necessary for how human adaptation has evolved.  Thus, unable to adapt to the sudden events brought about by the MME, we become one of the 99% of Ex-species.

SCREW THE ANIMALS, I'll choose the survival of my species over those lesser life forms I prefer to call LUNCH.

View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2009, 05:18:06 PM »

To be honest, I would rather risk the life of a human who I do not know than that of an animal. They have done very little, and we are destroying the planet.

Besides, the population of humans used to be in the millions... Now we are in the billions! Besides, adapting to the "next MEE" could be caused by humans or by nature, it is hard to say.

Also, when you say "Screw the animals", you can't forget that WE ARE in the animal kingdom, in the phylum Chordata, Order Mammalia. So, when you say "Screw the animals", you are practically saying to screw humans too, lol. I know that you mean the lower life forms, but we need ot keep them alive because they are what keeps our food chains around.

Besides, if there were no more fish, or no more deer, there would be people who lose jobs. If no more dogs or cats, then there would be none available for training for the blind, or to help fight crime (drug sniffers). What a sad life that would be, if humans were the only members of the animal kingdom left. There would be no lunch unless you become a cannibal.

Have a nice day.

View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2009, 06:09:42 PM »

How cute, your argument against me is "but but... you're an animal too!"

NO.  I'm a Race.  There are Animals, which rely primarily on instinct, and are backed up by rational thought...
Then there are Races, which rely primarily on rational thought, and are backed up by instinct.

Basically, an animal's driving force is instinctual.
A Race's driving force is more 'rational', something requiring more complex thought processes.

There's a point, Sala, where a species transcends from an animal species to a race species.  Humans are beyond that point, Sala.  We are ruled by Rational (and sometimes Irrational) thought, and our instincts are VERY OFTEN overruled by those logical thought processes.  Logic and reason trump our survival instincts all the time.  It's what sets us apart - instinct we can just set aside.  Other animals are bound by it.

You can see other primates, which are close to the line.  Chimpanzees in particular are VERY close to crossing the line from animal to race.  When they will is probably several millennia in the future... IF WE LEAVE THEM THE HELL ALONE.  If we try to keep them as chimpanzees, and blame any mutations on human interference, then we're PREVENTING THEIR PROPER EVOLUTION.  We have been meddling too much.  Save the animals?  THAT WILL KILL THEM IN THE LONG RUN.  Adapt or die.  That is the way of natural selection.  The weak genes die out, and the strong ones survive.  If an animal is about to go extinct, it had WEAK GENES.  If it lived, the genes were strong.  By preserving weak animals, we preserve weak genes, an this totally screws up the process of natural selection.

SCREW THE ANIMALS.  Forget them, they can survive on their own (or if they can't, they didn't deserve to).  BILLIONS of years of evolution went into making them lean, mean, survival machines after all!  And those processes are still trying to work properly! If we don't interfere and meddle, if we don't say "save the wales" or "think of the polar bears", then they can properly sort out weak vs strong genes.  But if we actively try to preserve them, we SCREW EVERYTHING UP.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 06:12:12 PM by Role » Logged

View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2009, 08:00:18 PM »

Well, the animals can survive on their own, but human activity which harms them isn't excactly letting the animals help themselves.

Technically, there are even sub-races in species, so humans as a race... I prefer to call them a species.

Besides, I never said to go out of your way to save them (well, maybe I did), but it is better to avoid doing things to harm them to help them. Some of the things that you say do make sense, but they are paired up with other points that do not mix well together. I agree that keeping them in zoos or in labs to prevent them from going extinct is incorrect, but keeping them alive helps them survive. I barely mind if an animal goes extinct (I would rather see a live specimin first), but I do not agree with humans speeding things up. Killing and testing on animals is not good, but to kill to survive? Sure, why not. However, I would only do so if I were forced to.

In the ideal world, we as humans would be pets, and dogs as our owners.

Have a nice day.

View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2009, 08:23:18 PM »

Species refers to organisms as a whole.
Animals refers to organisms in the Kingdom Animalia that override reason with instinct.
Races refers to organisms in the Kingdom Animalia that override instinct with reason.

Humans are a species, yes, but we've evolved past simple animals.  Our sentience and complex thought patterns are what proves that we are beyond common animals.

Humans are predators.  If it harms them, it's probably because we're going to consume them (one way or another).  You know, top of the food chain and all.  Also, that testing thing?  That falls under KILL TO SURVIVE for our species.  We're trying to create medicines to cure illness.  But, if we don't test them first, those medicine may kill us instead.  This is REASON hard at work.  However, reason is a fickle mistress.  While reason has allowed us to thrive and bend the world to our will, it has also confused us into thinking that this is OUR planet, rather than we being our planet's species.  This isn't our planet.  We're just this era's primary renters, but Earth kinda owns it, and without warning, we can be given the boot.  However, in our confusion in thinking that this planet is ours, we also foolishly think that the stuff that happens on it is caused by us.  Is a species dying out?  Natural Selection be damned, we're at fault and have to save it!  Polar Bears?  SWIMMING?!  Nevermind that their numbers are on the rise, we're killing them off!  Summer is hot?  Crap, global warming!  Winter is cold?  Crap, climate change!

Doods, seriously.  Chill.  Do you honestly think that our meager 20000 years of human knowledge can trump 5 BILLION years of natural selection?  Really?

Okay, fine, I admit, if we nuke the freaking hell out of everything, we may have fscked up beyond reason, and caused the MEE ourselves.  But that doesn't mean that what we're doing now is fscking everything up.  Climate change is coming?  Don't try to fight it.  Adapt or die.  You didn't kill the polar bears.  Hell, the polar bears seem to love this weather, since THEIR NUMBERS ARE ON THE RISE.  Data doesn't like, peeps.  Listen to the data, not that hypocritical dumbass Gore.  Meat is bad for you and makes you fat?  Well, for starters, we're OMNIVOROUS.  We need a balance of meats, veggies, fruits, etc...  Not eating meat messes up your body chemistry and is actually UNHEALTHY for you if you don't compensate with vitamins and something.  And it's CARBS that make you fat, not Meat.  You know... PLANTS.

Animals have the right to be in my stomach, worn on my back, and drugged until the companies are absolutely sure that the Excedrin I take for headaches won't kill me instead of the headache I took it for.  Oh, and they have the right to struggle to survive, as they have done for BILLIONS OF YEARS.

*reads the humans are subservient to dogs bit*

Oh.  OOOOH.  Now I get it.  You're a PETAphile.  Ewwww.  Shoo shoo, get away from me you sick furry freak.   Take you and your crazy vegan FAIL the heck away from me.  I'll eat deer babies in front of you.  I mean it.  Back, back, foul beast, or Bambi gets it!

View Profile WWW
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 08:44:56 PM
Fox: I must say... life can be complicated..... when you have question(s) (via email) ... and it seems like they sort of get ignored. :D ; Fun, (And sometimes, a person may respond, and completely not answer the question.... so like... 3-person conversation.) Hahahaha!!
January 15, 2018, 07:26:16 PM
Fox: (path) 1 text=(address) char=(address) free=(address) ; << Well, closer to this... but yeah... even if I do choose to have defaults in the code, I could still use this method for overrides.
January 15, 2018, 07:24:28 PM
Fox: So like (path) 0 text=(address) char=(address) len=(number) ; (path) 1 free=(address) ; Or something. But that's just a quick example.
January 15, 2018, 06:59:14 PM
Fox: Hopefully. I was wanting to make it so you could put in the addresses/etc. as one of the arguments in the path. Hm?
January 15, 2018, 03:37:07 PM
KyleRunner: Nice! I hope you'll add compatibility with others games (GS1, Mario Golf and Tennis) soon.
January 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Fox: Okay. Posted (in Downloads section) an initial cutdown version for now, for my text compressor. Basically to separate the code from my Editor for anyone who wants to mess with it. It only supports GS2, because I still didn't add the addresses/etc. for the other games.
January 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
Fox: Okay! Going to need to think how I want it to work. Initial thoughts is maybe have a number of arguments in the filepath thing. And have a number of shortcuts (files) to be used as examples. Assuming there are no problems.
January 14, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
KyleRunner: Well... I'm used to editing text ina a text editor, so... yes! Thanks in advance!
January 13, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Fox: (Text editor = Text Document like notepad.)
January 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Fox: Would you prefer during the text editing in a text editor? (Like what gstoolkit lets you do?) I could probably make a separate tool or something to compress it.
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
KyleRunner: Ok. Once I finish my Lost Age translation, I'll try a Mario Golf one. Thanks. (But I'll need help).
January 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Fox: If you want to make it "permanent" (part of a hack), then you'd edit code in the ROM that writes to this location of the IDs you'd want to change. (You can find these locations by using a breakpoint debugger like SDL-H or no$gba.)
January 13, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Fox: Reload/switch = Recommended to be done through Debug mode/warp menu, ofcourse... since doors seem to appear as if they were disabled? ; 03001238:01 and B+Start to get to warp menu.
January 13, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Fox: @Kyle Runner = It might be, but you'd have to use the correct addresses for Mario Golf, rather than for GS2 as I have it right now. ; @raijinken = Yes. 02000454 = ID of leader. (Change this and reload/switch room you are in, enjoy.)
January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
raijinken: Hey guys, is it possible to somehow change the lead character on the map? Was wondering. I remember there was a cheat to use Jenna, but what if I wanted Isaac, or Piers?
January 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, Fox *
January 13, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, is your text editor compatible with Mario Golf (GBA)?
January 11, 2018, 08:33:13 PM
Fox: But if it isn't an oversight, I still can't imagine it being that useful.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
Fox: part, ofcourse.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:15 PM
Fox: 0200274C = Hmm... Stuff happens here when you use Cyclone around bushes. (These cause tile replacements, and setting event 0 to those tiles.) - And I guess this kept here so it can be scanned after battle. (To re-update the map.) So here is my fun thought (assuming if it is even possible, or even convenient if so.) ... Are there any events from other maps that could be disabled do to using Cyclone on bushes + Retreat glitch? I'll need to do some testing to make sure this isn't an oversight on my

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise