News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Animals and Animal Rights

Started by Salanewt, 22, October, 2009, 07:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sajin

As far as i know I only find dogs and cats at the pound.
Oh, your dog died? I'm sorry for you. I remember when my dog died and it's really sad...
Pollution will be the cause of all living things to die...not only animals but human beings as well due to the greenhouse effect (ice melting which leads to the water level to raise).
And I consider the number 7 as lucky. Don't know why but I do. :p

Salanewt

Yeah... She was our princess (literally, we spoiled her). Anyway, I wonder how all of these people who are adding so much to pollution will feel when they have been flooded? Probably will not be in our lifetime, but apparently (was told by one of my teachers last year), Fiji the country will be comploetely flooded in about 40 years. Not to mention, if the ice melts, then fewer species can survive (because animals are trying to find cooler climates, and insects are already further north than they have been).

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Sajin

The problem will affect ALL animals. Birds lose their sense of direction, fish die because of the water cooling down and land animals will be forced to enter territories of other species. It will be a total chaos...
I'm not worried about me or our generation but how about the next generation?
Well, let's just hope we still have time to reverse the way that the planet is taking...

Salanewt

Yes, this is unfortunate. Oh well, we might still be able to reverse it, but there are some countries that are doing very little to help (*glares at China*).

Also, it looks like we might have to start a conversation for the Environment, since we could go on forever. I have also noticed that, although it is barely noticable, the Environment and Animal Rights are closely linked, but they both have areas that make them seem completely unrelated to each other.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Sajin

Enviroment issues pretty much affect all other things (humans, animals, future, the world, etc).
And China isn't even moving a single finger to help the enviroment. Damn those coal mines.  :fury:

Salanewt

Yes. This is unfortunate. Oh well, I suppose there has to be at least one country that is almost making things worse. However, there are some other countries that are barely helping as well. I would say that China is helping out the least amount. I wonder who is trying to save the environment the most?

Have a nice day.

Sajin

It's harder to know who is doing something than the ones who are not doing anything at all...
But I guess maybe Japan? They had idea of the Kioto Protocol,right?

Salanewt

True. Also, for the past little while, it seems that they have been making things that could help the environment.

Ooh, I have an idea for the environment, before I start talking about animals in laboratories again. How about we try to make cars powered on Hemp? Surely, it is possible. We just need to get both the politicians and the scientists in favour of the idea.

Okay then... It turns out that there is a major problem with sharks. There are poachers who are fishing them out of the water, cutting their fins off, and then dumping them back in the oceans. It is one thing to take a shark to eat all of it, but why dump its useless body into the water to die? I hate people who only kill things for parts of their bodies. After all, everything has a use.

Have a nice day.

Sajin

Yes, I guess Japan actually knows what are we/they dealing with...
Car on hemp? Well, it woud not pollute much but it would make people high while they drive, so it's kind of risky... lol

They could make shark soup or shark beef, why not? But no, they just drop the corpse back to the ocean... :fury: But the same happens ,for example, to elepahnts: poachers only want their ivory (is the word correct?)... Stupid poachers.

Salanewt

Oh yeah, I never thougth about that! Unless they use the actual Hemp, instead of the leaf, since there are parts of Hemp plants that do not make people high (it would be like smoking a rope).

Your English is very good, ivory is correct. Also, this happens to almost every species. Other animals like Dolphins and turtles also get caught in fishing nets.

Have a nice day.

Sajin

Thank you! I try to type as well as I can so that my posts aren't confusing.
I think they should just create cars that run on solar power...There are already some and perhaps is better than a Hemp-powered-car. :p lol
If I'm not mistaken, some fishing nets are forbidden now, due to being too small for young fish to escape. But dolphind and turtles and some other big ocean creatures will still be caught in those nets...

Salanewt

True. Apparently though, in Australia, they are using nets that allow platypuses to surface for air, so they do not drown. This would be a good idea for the oceans as well, so they can just collect the fish that they want with a different net.

Have a nice day.

Sajin

Wow, really? Now that's something usefull to be invented. If they can create nets that make it possible for platypuses to breathe than I bet they can easily modify that net into a "Dolphin saving net". Although the problem is someone actually investing in that idea...

Salanewt

Well, if I had enough money, I would definitely do this. In fact, I would probably also invest in Solar cars, or even cars with miniature windmills on it, so the windmills also power up the vehicles. Of course, Solar power and a back-up electric battery would be required, but I would still work for a way to manage it. This was, pollution can eventually be decreased, so the environment is not effected as much, and then the animals are healthier, as well as plants and animals.

Have a nice day.

Sajin

I would invest too, but it seems that noone actually cares for stuff like this...
All those lunatically rich people that spend money on worthless junk would do better if they invest on solar powered cars and other things that actually help the planet. Or at least some animals (like the special disgned nets).
Oh, and cars with miniature windmills? Seems a good idea,where did you get that?

Salanewt

I forget. I had it a while ago... Around the same time that I thought of boots with a small amount of air and metal in them, so you could attempt to walk on water with better bouancy. I never got around to making them though... Perhaps that can be one of my little projects coming up soon.

There are people who care for animals, but most of them do not seem to have enough money to spend for investing in things that could help (even if they do have a lot of money, they somehow don't have enough...).

Have a nice day.

Sajin

Quote from: Salanewt on 13, November, 2009, 08:18:44 AM

There are people who care for animals, but most of them do not seem to have enough money to spend for investing in things that could help (even if they do have a lot of money, they somehow don't have enough...).

Have a nice day.

"God gives nuts to those who don't have teeth." :p it's a saying,although it's literally translated from my language.
Investing in new things isn't cheap... But it's worth it. Or atleast to those who care about animals/the planet.

Salanewt

That is logical.

Well, one day, I am sure that everyone will realize how important it is to keep animals alive, but it is sad to think that it might be too late by the time everyone else has this epiphany.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

...How important it is that we steer Natural Selection in the direction we think it should go?

I'm going to walk over here and laugh as y'all set everything up for the next MEE.

Salanewt

???

I still do not consider cars natural, or guns, knives, drugs, or any manufactured product that can do any harm. They may be made from natural resources, but they themselves are not straight from the environment.

Have a nice day.