News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Plot holes

Started by Frog, 01, November, 2009, 01:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Quote from: luluthefirst on 19, April, 2011, 03:04:41 PM
I remember it was an open-source clone of golden sun, because I saw GPL License v3 on top of every files

According to the worldmap:
http://www.goldensunhacking.net/downloads/TLA_WorldMap.gif

Why did they left the Crossbone Isle to the top left?
That's not crossbone isle, silly.  That's the drifting Idejima.  You know, from the start of TLA.  CBI isn't even in TLA.

luluthefirst

Quote from: Role on 19, April, 2011, 06:30:43 PM
Quote from: luluthefirst on 19, April, 2011, 03:04:41 PM
I remember it was an open-source clone of golden sun, because I saw GPL License v3 on top of every files

According to the worldmap:
http://www.goldensunhacking.net/downloads/TLA_WorldMap.gif

Why did they left the Crossbone Isle to the top left?
That's not crossbone isle, silly.  That's the drifting Idejima.  You know, from the start of TLA.  CBI isn't even in TLA.

No, look at the very top of the world, there are the crossbone isle (where you go to it by the pink tornado or by the karagol sea selecting wrong peoples it's at the left of Prox)

Rolina

What part of "That is Idejima" did you not understand?

As for the glitchy landmass next to it, I don't think that's ever used, and it CERTAINLY isn't CBI, which looked totally different.  Further to the right is lemuria, IIRC.

luluthefirst

I can't understand, do you mean the center left of the world ? I'm talking about the isle at left to prox, there are still the GS1 crossbone isle (but you can't access it)

Rolina

Island left of prox?  I don't even see prox on the map!  I think Prox's World Map area is stored in a different map entirely.

Edit:  Waaaait - I see what you're talking about.  You're right, it IS.

Maybe they were planning on having it being a recurring dungeon, which is why it was back in DD?  They may have just changed their minds since the two are connected as they are in this game.

luluthefirst

And they think Felix couldn't access to this isle because he couldn't reach Suhalla Desert, or maybe is there any other way to access it?

I tried accessing it with cheats, there are no tornado and no location for this crossbone isle

Quote from: zman9000 on 19, April, 2011, 04:59:35 PM
umm your link failed....

It's a 8192x8192 gif image, it may not fit on your browser, you may save it (right click on the link -> save target as)

EDIT: The Crossbone Isle is still in Dark Dawn, but what is the real reason they had keep the Crossbone Isle in TLA?

Rolina

I just said, they were probably planning it on being recurring.  They may have been planning to put it into TLA, but then changed their minds on the account that it's technically the same journey.

Atrius (He/Him)

Also the area at the top center of the map is definitely Prox.  The way I ripped the world map didn't account for areas that used different tilesets/palettes so it appears glitchy instead.  That's also why there is a complete lack of snow everywhere there should be.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Ah, I see.  Is there a way to rip it with the proper tilesets and palettes?

Atrius (He/Him)

I still haven't found where it switches them on the world map  :Sweat:
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

You're a smart guy.  You'll figure it out.  Besides, it's not like we're rushing you.  Well, not on this.  The editor could use a release, though. ^-^

Salanewt

I think they wanted to keep all of the previous areas in the game, and that is why they have it. Either that, or they only added the TLA parts to the original world.

Before we get back into topic, you should know that you can easily do it. Also, to venture farther from the original topic, there is a palette-swap that occurs in Eastern Angara. I think it makes the whole area like Prox, actually. It could be that they kept the old areas in the game for testing, since not allowing the player to return would mean that they do not have to clean the old scripts up. Come to think of it, there is a Daila warp somewhere around there too. None of these are actual plot holes though, but they are still kind of neat to point out.

Now, can anyone think of any plot holes that can be found during the transition from the GBA games to Dark Dawn?

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

luluthefirst

for the very left of lemuria, there are multiples Idejima, that's for the earthquake animation (they can't move a layer though)

Quote from: Salanewt on 19, April, 2011, 10:30:33 PM
Before we get back into topic, you should know that you can easily do it. Also, to venture farther from the original topic, there is a palette-swap that occurs in Eastern Angara. I think it makes the whole area like Prox, actually. It could be that they kept the old areas in the game for testing, since not allowing the player to return would mean that they do not have to clean the old scripts up. Come to think of it, there is a Daila warp somewhere around there too. None of these are actual plot holes though, but they are still kind of neat to point out.

Because with the boat we can travel all the world, that's why there is a palette-swap occuring when we go to an isle that is cold, in GS1, it's not scripted, because we are not using a boat, I tried walk through walls and go to the North of Angara, there are no palette-swap occuring, it occures if we enter in an area

Rolina

Aside from "Where's Isaac's boat?", I can't rally think of any.

Atrius (He/Him)

Clearly the contigan workers that attached the wings to Pier's ship tore it apart, and devoured it for sustenance as they worked.

Salanewt

Either that, or they took it for payment for adding the wings to the second ship? Since Babi died, it is questionable as to whether it had to be returned at all.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

luluthefirst

I saw a glitch with the Mars Lighthouse, there are some video on YouTube which the Mars Lighthouse are pink and one video which the Mars Lighthouse are red (mine are red too, but in other of my saves it's pink), what is the cause of it?

Rolina

Gonna need screenshots to know what exactly you're talking about.

Atrius (He/Him)

I'm going with gender confusion, final answer.

EDIT:  Or maybe you're talking about before/after you melt most of the ice in there.  As I recall there's a palette swap at some point in the process.

luluthefirst

No hacks has been used with saves