News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Plot holes

Started by Frog, 01, November, 2009, 01:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frog

As much as you doubt there was only one beach, the game clearly shows the entire continent, and there is no beach...so you just gotta regard that as fact.
And what do you mean get far without equipment?
If you mean after Venus lighthouse... they had tons of psynergy and equipment by then.

And Isaacs boat doesn't need a beach to land/sail from as there was a dock at the end of #1.
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Frog

Well I imagine that after dreadbeard was defeated, the island must have sunk into the sea.
And isn't it not reachable unless you get lost or something?

that or like prox it isn't on any map/reachable.
Also, did Alex know Saturos and Mernardi died when he talked about using the orb?
*doesn't remember*

Salanewt

But what if you did not transfer the events, and you never killed Deadbeard? Even if you did... It still does not make sense that you can lost in that tiny sea, in which the island is nearly too big for it. I would imagine that if the island were to sink, then Karagol sea would flood and be connected to the Ocean.

Also, how is there a dock that far from the ocean? Looking at where Lalivero is... HOW CAN THERE BE A BOAT THERE (I know that there is one, but how did they get a boat to allow Ocean access above sea level (and the rivers flow into the ocean with waterfalls), seriously)???

Oh, also, don't forget about the other beach in Angara... The one with the mountain that was placed too high, so you could explore some of the lands of GS1 as Felix. However, that is mostly a glitch, the one that squizzy pointed out, so... Oh yeah, I also forgot... A boat can not get there, but there is a small strip if river neat Champa that separates that coast from the rest of Angara. I know because I tried maneuvering the flying boat around the trees, but it can not be done.

No, Alex did not know. Lol, it would be kind of funny if he did though. That would be a major plot hole, since he even followed the Lalivero soldiers.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Also, why is Hesperia so much closer to Angara in the first Golden Sun than in the second? See? Crossbone Isle is much larger than the Karagol sea. Also, I forgot... Where did the sea spires come from (the ones that prevent you from going north of Imil in GS2), and where did the beach neat Imil go (the one with green grass around it).

http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/GBA/GoldenSun-World.png

http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/GBA/GoldenSun-LostAge-World.png
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Frog

The dock is right next to the ocean, the only problem is the waterfall...
Well, seeing as they obviously went down the waterfall, maybe isaacs ship was stronger?
(all i can think of)

Even if you don't transfer data, i believe the gs1 team would have defeated Dreadbeard.
Only if you won the game without killing him, THEN transfered over would that make no sense.
Anyway, if you choose the wrong tourists in the boat event, the boat ends up on Crossbone island... unless the boat could fly, theres no way crossbone island is in the ocean... it'd be in the big water mass in the middle of Angara.. yet when you go there it seems to be surrounded by ocean water.
This is why i believe that Crossbone island only appears to those who get lost and isn't actually visitable normally.

And most of the land changes are due to the earthquake from the venus lighthouse, and the tidal wave.

Rolina

Wow... you didn't realize that the only reason Crossbone Island is way over there is because of game mechanics?  The island is in the middle of the Karagol Sea.  Compared to the rest of the world, it's been zoomed up quite a bit.

Frog

Ah... well i guess it's just not visible in TLA then...
ok, thats one mystery solved!

Rolina

Of course not.  It wasn't even visible on the world map in TBS!  It's implied that it's a REALLY small island in the middle of the Karagol Sea.  That's why it doesn't show up on either world map.

Salanewt

I do know why the island was placed in the ocean.

However, the earthquake separating the continents even more does not fully explain why Felix and co. have the map with the separated continents if it only happened after Venus Lighthouse. As for the Tidal Wave... I thought it would have pushed Indra into Gondowan, not further away. Also, how can it get on the other side of the two continuents to push them away? Also, one more thing... If you look at the brown patch on the one continent beside Angara, you should notice that it looks slightly similar to the one on Hesperia. However, it is still different, and there are different patches of trees and land on Hesperia for the second game. Also, what happened to the beach near Imil? Wasn't there one there before? I suppose it was replaced with a cliff though.

Even if they were implying that it is a small island, I can almost see all of the Karagol sea just by walking around it and zooming out. It would have to be a pretty tiny island for me not to see it, lol. My guess for Crossbone Isle is that there are teleporters or something on the waves, so you will end up far away if you activate one. Another part of the guessing is the reason why it is not in the ocean in GS2 is because it is north of Imil, out of bounds (storyline wise anyway), and the dark energy of the island prevents snow. Besides, I have seen small islands as well... They could have made it like one of the tiny islets near the Apoji Islands.

His boat could be strong enough, but I am still wondering how they got the boat up there in the first place. Also, wasn't the dock on the left side of the village when facing north?

Also... The mystery of Isaac getting to the higher levels of Jupiter Lighthouse without Hover. If there were a back door, which could make sense, it would have to be like a pit in the floor (because I, at times, have spent hours in Jupiter Lighthouse exploring, and there are no other doors that lead anywhere else in the Lighthouse). But this does not explain how he got so high.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

We know how Isaac got into Jupiter Lighthouse: Felix opened the door for him early on, remember? The second question is: Do you need Hover to get that far in the Lighthouse? If you don't then there's no plot hole.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Charon

You guys do realize that Crossbone was located north of Imil in programming, right? lol

Quote from: Frog on 01, November, 2009, 01:11:00 AM
2. How did Isaac and crew get into the jupiter lighthouse without Cyclone?
This one i can't explain.
The only valid explanation would be that they followed Felix in and simply took the shortcuts, which is why you see them at a point where you were earlier. Either that, or they have excellent jumping skills...

Salanewt

I would imagine that they used a pit to enter, or the front door when it was opened, now that you reminded me. However, as for not having Hover... I thought that they needed Hover to get closer to the top of the lighthouse, since the elevator system does not work yet either. Hover to get onto that beam that takes you to the higher levels. This mystery is almost solved. We have concluded that Isaac and co. went through the front door.

Still not sure about how he got so high though, or another one... How is that switch a trap that Agatio and Karst set up? To me, I see that Isaac (who stepped on the switch) just wasn't paying attention. But why did Kart say that they set up the trap?

As for where Crossbone Isle was... I KNEW IT!!! I can't believe that I knew it, but I did! Heehee! Oh, and this would make sense too, as to why it isn't on the map. Prox isn't seen on the map either! Okay then, the mystery of Crossbone and Karagol is solved (and there is no snow because of the magic of the Pirate King, Deadbeard, and the magic lingers when he dies). Oh yeah, there might be random teleporting barriers around Crossbone and throughout Karagol to allow the ship to get to it, or maybe some of those Red Tornadoes as well?.

Still not fully sure how the docks work on a fresh water river though (in Lalivero), especially with there not being a safer connection to the Ocean than having to sail down waterfalls. Why isn't Piers' ship that strong anyway?

Have a nice day.

Frog

Actually, as for Isaac needing hover, theres evidence of another path in the lighthouse!
Each lighthouse has 2 "lifts" going from the top to the bottom... yet you never see the lifts in Jupiter, i doubt they were destroyed..
This means that the lifts must have stopped in another room, one that Felix never sees.
meaning there ARE more rooms in the lighthouse.

(...This is probably the dumbest answer yet... but it makes sense)

Oh and Karst set the trap so (hopefully) someone falls off leaving less people to fight.
(cept felix does anyway)

Sajin

Wait, but the lifts only work if the lighthouse is lit, right?
Also, if a Lemurian ship resists a huge tidal wave (at the beginning of TLA) and the whirpools at the Sea of Time, I doubt that Isaac's ship (which is also Lemurian) would sink easily.

Rolina

Not those lifts... I think he means like how you got to the top of the Mercury and Venus lighthouses.  They count as lifts, but they're not the main elevators.

Salanewt

But how did Karst make the switch fit in nicely without messing up the brick floor?

Also, there could be evidence of other floors, but then wouldn't Isaac using these "lifts" allow Felix and co. to find these hidden rooms from which Isaac and co. came from?

Have a nice day.

Frog

Well then the only possible answer lies with Agatio and Karst, as they have psynergies you can't get.
Maybe they "helped" Isaac and crew into the trap?
and as for getting to the top of the lighthouse, It's possible Alex warped them up there to help you.

Rolina

Quote from: Salanewt on 06, November, 2009, 11:01:54 PM
But how did Karst make the switch fit in nicely without messing up the brick floor?

Also, there could be evidence of other floors, but then wouldn't Isaac using these "lifts" allow Felix and co. to find these hidden rooms from which Isaac and co. came from?

Have a nice day.
Remember how the switch was already there in the first place?  It's part of a puzzle!  Karst simply used it for an... alternative use.  A combination of patience and good timing triggered the 'trap'.  Which was basically waiting until Isaac and co got in the right position.  You do realize that you don't need to build a trap to spring one, right?

Salanewt

This is true. Anyway, I thought that Isaac accused Karst of setting up the trap? Also, I seriously doubt that Alex would teleport Isaac, who is trying to stop the lighthouses from being lot, to Felix to stop him.

Have a nice day.

Sajin

I doubt as well. It doesn't make much sense... But, on the other hand, he also didn't help Agatio and Karst when they fought with Isaac right? BUT, he makes Felix go help Isaac and co. instead of letting him go through to light the lighthouse.
Man, Alex is very confusing...  :Sweat:

Salanewt

Maybe because Alex had some idea that the Wise One would try to stop Felix, and succeed if they did not join with Isaac? Besides, Alex does fully heal Felix and Piers when they decide to go to the top of the lighthouse. If you defeat Agatio and Karst, Alex will heal them, so... I think Alex might only be helping the people who have the ability to light the current lighthouse, and most likely will. Isaac would not have lit the lighthouses, which is why Alex did not help them himself, and why he helped Felix and Piers (so he could guarantee their safety until they reach the top to light the lighthouse). So basically, Alex kisses the arses of whoever has the ability to light the lighthouses.

Seriously though... How did Felix and co. have the map of how the continents are postitioned when they were much closer together in the first golden sun? This does not make any sense.

Have a nice day.