News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

not enough

Started by squizzy44, 01, November, 2009, 03:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

To be honest with all of you, I doubt that the elf is Link (it is probably just a coincidence that they look similar). If he were Link, then why are there female and child elf sprites, but no other male elf sprites? I am sure that they would have been useful somewhere actually, like on a new island where you can't currently access (north of Imil or around Tundaria).

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

squizzy44

it may have been a proxian, alot of them have pointed ears and such.

Salanewt

I think you are right. Most likely beta Proxians.

Still though, I am sort of against the belief that stuff that is made should not be used in the game. Of course, I displike it even more when something is there, but not fully programmed (although it is fun discovering and editing this stuff).

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

squizzy44

What is the difference between beta and normal proxians?

Salanewt

Well, it is just a guess for the being beta Proxians because of their ears.

Anyway, the word "beta" is used to describe something as being created, or a trace of something unused, but never seen in the final product. A good example would be the crab enemy sprite in Golden Sun. It is there, but it was never used in the published version of the game.

Another example is Paragoomba in Mario and Luigi, but that is another topic entirely.

Have a nice day.

squizzy44

cool! i wonder wich other npcs they didn't put in...

Aile~♥

It would have been cool if they added secondary games for after you beat the main game.

Like for example, "Doomed Mission" where you start the game in Sol Sanctum with Saturos, Menardi, and two soldiers, named Troop1 and Troop2, in your party. Then early on, you lose Troop1 and Troop2 and then get Felix a bit later. You then get Alex, and Sheba should you choose to use her, though she's at level 5 when you get her and that's rather late in the game, so she's rather useless, though in most scripted battles Alex, Felix and Sheba don't participate. In the midway point, you get to play the Final Battle against Isaac, then as Fusion Dragon against Isaac's party (you automatically WILL lose this battle, but just see how many of them you can take out before you die). Then you get Agatio and Karst instead, with Alex there for part of the journey. At the end, you get to watch the battle of Felix vs. the Flame Dragons. Yes WATCH, not PLAY, as Agatio and Karst weren't in control of their bodies really at that point.

Or, maybe a second game as Isaac's party, where you play through the period after the first game, but before Isaac joins Felix's party.

And for my final idea, "Dark Desires", where you play as Alex and the occasional party members he gets along the way. For most of the game you get Alex as your ONLY party member, but he slowly throughout the story gets items that give him additional turns, mimicking the effect of having multiple party members.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Ooh, I like all of these ideas! I like the continuing the game as Isaac and co., but then there is the time when they join up with Felix, so... Also, playing as Alex is probably the best idea. Who knows? Perhaps we could even give him a girlfriend, and he just wants Alchemy to impress her... that would be odd though.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Actually, I'd argue that they were supposed to just be elfs.  Think about it - GS is the DEFINITION of traditional fantasy.  It's got pretty much every fantasy stereotype present, SAVE FOR ONE.

Yeah, that's right.  ELVES.  It's got Lycans, a form of magic (psynergy), dragons, faries, warriors, mages, and overpowered swords of great devastations.  Not to mention the emphasis on the elements.  It's traditional fantasy down to the T, save Elves.  They probably planned to have an elfish town... perhaps it was swapped with Garoh, however?

Salanewt

Yeah, I can believe that. The Elf thing would make more sense than Proxians, although both do have a legitimate excuse as to why the Elves are there. Who know? Maybe the elves were even planned as citizens of the long-living Lemurians? Lol.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Alternatively, it could be that Lemuria took their place.  The themes between Lemuria and the elves are very similar, if you look at traditional roles that the elves take.  They're a long-lived race that is slowly, but surely, dying out, and is very stagnant compared to what the race was like in its prime.  Basically, it could be that they replaced a race - the elves - with a civilization - Lemuria.

Either approach - the non-human, or the thematic approach, seems somewhat logical.

Salanewt

Yeah... I actually prefer your new theory over the last two now, and it makes sense (also, because Piers would not fit in for a city of elves (which in turn belong on land in my opinion, not at sea)).

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Remember, it looked like they were going to have Alex be team member 4 until they decided to make him the big bad.  He even has a second, unused profile pic.  It could be that it was going to be elves until then, then they got the idea to make it a Lemurian.

squizzy44

i still think they should have made miniquests that let you control different characters. it would have made the game much more interesting. it would have been awesome to be alex or one of the other antagonists.

Salanewt

Hm... It would be neat to play as an antagonist, but the mini-quests would normally not work like that, in my opinion.

A different idea, using your thoughts: How about, a complete story hack? You get to control the protagonists for parts of the game, and then it switches, allowing you to level up both the good and bad characters. The only problem is that it might be hard to get the enemies you fight as either team (if both teams fight) to be the same as the ones that you worked on, instead of the preset characters. Eventually though, the two teams would have a final fight. The team that wins will determine how the end of the plot happens.

For example... If Isaac beats Saturos, the lighthouses are not lit. If Saturos beats Isaac, the lighthouses are lit (something like that). Of course, before the battle, it would force you to pick the strongest team. If you were to lose as Isaac, or win as Saturos, the outcome would be the same anyway. A good script to look at is the script that disables you from going to a Priest/healer if you lost to Agatio and Karst, and another one could be when you get a character. We could just make scripts that makes characters leave, and then their stats are changed for when you fight them/get them back. This way, you could fight one of them, and their stats will be the same as when you get t control them again... And this might now be off topic.

Have a nice day.

Edit: The only problem with the script changing a character's details is that you might lose stats or items instead of gain... So perhaps the script could just add boosts to the amounts of items, currency, and items instead? For example, when you lose a character, the have 1 potion, and 5 luck. When you get to use them again, they have 2 potions and 7 luck?

Aile~♥

Mini-quests don't work like that? How about Castlevania? There are some of those where you can control baddies. How about some Fire Emblem games with multiple storylines? It was merely an attempt at an original and interesting idea.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

squizzy44

salanewt, you weren,t getting off topic this topic is about anything to do with the second golden sun game.

Rolina

You're one to talk.  The only reason you made this topic was because there was nothing being talked about.  Thus, there IS no topic to follow...  The only think keeping this from being dragged into the GD is that it's GS2 oriented.

squizzy44

Rolina

General Discussion, another, more common name for Open Discussion.